“Great Experience with Opal's Dream”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Opal's Dream

Opal's Dream
More attraction details
Owner description: In Cozumel Mexico.Opal's Dream Dive Shop. We are still the same small personal shop with a old school feel. Only the name has changed. We use small, fast boats and have great prices! We've changed our location to downtown 95 Av. Between 4th & 6th north. Remember, it's Opals Dream Dive Shop. We offer a nice family feeling and add a lot of fun to your diving vacation!!!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Experience with Opal's Dream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Big thanks to Julio, Abraham, Eddy, Kung Fu Panda, Victor, Vicki, Ichi and the rest of the crew at Opals Dream. My wife and I traveled to Cozumel for our first time and felt great about choosing Opals Dream as our Dive Opp. We stayed south of town, and were able to be picked up by the boat on our pier every morning - this is great. No fuss to get to the marina.

Rental Gear - No issues, Ichi fitted us with the gear that we needed and had it on the boat ready go go every day, clean and dry.

Boats - fast and covered. - One day we pulled up to our dock after diving - there were two LARGE dive boats dropping off guests - slow, hectic, gear everywhere. Our drop off was great, we left our BCD, Reg's, wet suits and fins with our Capt and DM on the boat. They wished us well and said " see you tomorrow and 9". We were eating lunch before the two large boats even left the dock. It is a great luxury to be able to dive with the same crew everyday, they really get to know what you like and want. They do everything they can to make the day happen the way you want.

We did a lot of research and got several quotes before we decided on Opals Dream for our trip. Pricing is the best - especially if you need to rent gear, along with paying for dives. If you want to add a second two tank trip in the afternoon - No problem. We did this twice and both times, Julio came back to our pier to pick us up after lunch.

Opals Dream cares about your experience, rather than just your money - we never felt rushed or crowded. The largest group that we dove with was 6 people including us. It was slow season, but we still noticed other operations with upwards of 14 guests aboard.

Send Vicki an e-mail and then send her your deposit. For a great week of diving in Cozumel you need look no further.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions about our trip, we had a great time and will back to dive with the Opals Dream Team in the future.

1 Thank F00dislife

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Dive with a Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My fiancé and I have dove in a few destinations but never in Cozumel. Cozumel was by far our favorite dive thus far. We enjoyed it due to the excellent sea life and water clarity as well as the great staff. They are very friendly and personable and also responsive through email. Our dive master was Abraham. He did an excellent job helping us feel safe and comfortable. He also did an great job pointing out the different fish, crabs, lobsters, eels, rays and more.

We can't wait to go back to Opal's Dream and check out the many other dive sites Cozumel has to offer! We would definitely recommend this shop!

2 Thank jstraatmann
Philadelphia,pa
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Another Great Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have just returned from another great trip with Opal's Dream dive shop in Cozumel.I having been diving with them for a number of years and can only say that they have been consistently great over the years.They offer fast boats and fairly priced diving while offering valet service in my opinion.The divemasters let you dive your computer and on this trip all my dives were in the 60 to 70 minute range,many other dive operations call dives at 40 minutes or less.I can honestly say that over the years I have dove with many fine shops but this one is still my favorite as they seem to have the right chemistry.

2 Thank newt72
Bellbrook, OH
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“DREAM DIVE VACATION - PRICELESS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

OK…so I’m picky about my diving. I just don’t land at any dive shop and expect to have a great time and great service. I check out reviews and I check with friends to hear their recommendations. Opal’s Dream Dive Shop (OD) has great reviews and a strong following of repeat customers. I had dived with them before but was a little concerned about how everything was going to work out this time given that they changed locations. They used to be near Villa Blanca Hotel and I would stay close by and walk over to the Villa Blanca pier and get on the boat. To my surprise, I actually preferred their new location downtown because it’s a nicer, bigger shop and I was able to stay in other parts of town which were much cheaper and just as nice as where I used to stay. It also got me into other parts of town where I had never visited and I tried many new restaurants, etc. instead of just doing the same ole thing. I had a rental car so some days I drove to the Villa Blanca pier and other days I drove to the Calleta Marina to catch the boat. Some divers who didn’t have cars met at the shop and they drove them to the Marina. Other divers were picked up from their resort docks (Cozumel Resort, Fiesta Americana, etc). During my 2 week dive vacation I logged over 30 dives, some with friends, and happily I made some new ones. OD’s has small, fast boats that get you to and from the dive site quickly with experienced boat captains. The dive masters are friendly, speak good English, (Julio, Eddie and Abraham) and strive to show you interesting things underwater which set them apart from many of the dive shops on Cozumel. I’ve dove with the bigger cattle boat operations on Cozumel and I prefer the smaller group sizes (6 divers). During the surface interval we had fresh fruit and water. I dove with all levels of divers who were on vacation just like me (newbies to PADI Instructors) and all of them left pleased with their dive experience. I also did several afternoon shore dives at the Money Bar and Near Casa del Mar and the tanks are included in your dive package. Did two night dives, one from the boat and one from the Money Bar shore and there was so much going on I hated to end the dive (loggerhead turtle, lobsters, crabs, squid, octopus, eels,). Without a doubt, one of my better dive trips. I’m still DREAMING of my amazing dive vacation! Thanks Opal’s Dream! PRICELESS!

2 Thank LindaA99
usa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Scuba while on port call with Carnival”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I chose Opal's Dream because of their high recommendations on Trip Advisor and when my wife called (she speaks Spanish), they were very informative and answered all our questions. Actually there English was excellent and everyone was friendly and knowledgeable. We pre-arranged everything before we left the US.

We took a taxi from the ship to town and the driver had no problem finding the shop. Since it was the slow season, my family had the whole shop to ourselves. We filled out forms and were fitted out in no time. We did a discover scuba from the beach and the few in our group that wanted to go on a second off-shore dive were happily accomodated.

When making reservations, I was concerned because I had a young daughter (age 6) in our family who obviously couldn't scuba but wanted to snorkel. We explained this on the phone and they had a female instructor just to be with her for the whole time the rest of us were diving. My daughter felt very comfortable with her and even went snorkeling offshore in 45 feet of water as my other daughter and I scuba dived below. So being able to accomodate the my daughter who was too young to scuba was a huge plus.

Overall, they did an excellent job. If I go back to Cozumel I will use them again and would unquestionably reccommend Opal's Dream to others.

Tip - The offshore dive is very close to the cruise ship pier. If they can drop you off AT THE PIER, I would do it. However, on my day I was dropped off at a hotel pier that was the second hotel from the ship pier. I was charged $3/person by the hotel to be dropped off (which was explained to me before I was dropped off). It took about 10-15 minutes to walk back to the pier entrance. Normally, not a big deal. However, after a long day of 2 dives, we were tired. If I had to do it again, I would have stayed on the boat back to town then paid the $12 for a taxi to take me right to the pier entrance and saved the walk.