“Great shop”
Review of Opal's Dream

Opal's Dream
More attraction details
Owner description: In Cozumel Mexico.Opal's Dream Dive Shop. We are still the same small personal shop with a old school feel. Only the name has changed. We use small, fast boats and have great prices! We've changed our location to downtown 95 Av. Between 4th & 6th north. Remember, it's Opals Dream Dive Shop. We offer a nice family feeling and add a lot of fun to your diving vacation!!!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I found these guys as was walking down the shore drive getting dive estimates in May. After going to a few shops these folks were very nice and customer service oriented. I did 6 dives with them in May and now 4 more in November. Victor runs the counter and sets up the logistics. He's very professional and is willing to work out packages as needed. When I'm in Cozumel this is the first stop I make. Excellent staff and just a good group of guys!

Reviewed November 23, 2011

My brother and I were recently in Cozumel for a dive trip and we did all of our dives with Opal’s Dream. Over 4 days we did a total of 12 dives including 2 shore dives and 1 night dive. The service, experience, and price are hard to beat. I have dived with other shops on Cozumel before that I liked, but Opal’s Dream is definitely my favorite so far.

The diving and service were both excellent. We dove in small groups, never more than 5 plus the divemaster, on fast boats. If anyone mentioned a site that they wanted to visit they were sure to take us there. We dove quite a few sites that I had never dived before during previous trips. They are very flexible to customize your tip to be what you want it to be. When we asked for larger tanks they were given to us without being charged more for them. The divemasters were good at keeping an eye on you without being overbearing and were good at pointing out interesting critters.

The divemasters, boat captains, and shop workers were all very easy going and fun. We enjoyed joking around with them almost as much as the diving. We hung out at the shop between and after most of our dives. They even gave us fresh fish and lobster one day to take to the restaurant across the street. The chef there cooked it for us for free.

At the end of our trip we paid Victor for all of the dives that we did. After he already got the money he asked if we had paid a deposit. We had, although we didn’t remember it until he mentioned it. He then gave us each $50 back. He could have easily kept it.

I would definitely recommend Opal’s Dream to anyone that is diving in Cozumel. They are honest, fun, and competent. We went on some of the best dives of our lives with them and they treated us like family. We will definitely be back.

We have all of our own gear, so I can’t vouch for the quality of the rental gear. They also leave a little bit later than some shops (8:30), so you won’t get back as early. If a tight schedule or rental gear are concerns for you, then I would talk to them about it.

1  Thank Nicholls1316
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Opal's Dream is a Dive shop in Cozumel (formerly known as Suba Mau). I dived with them four days and had a truly great time. The first two days were diving inside the Marine Park and then two days hunting lion fish outside the park,
The water visibility is amazing at Cozumel, over 100 feet in the deep dives and at least 70 in the shallow dives. All the dives were guided by a local knowlegeable dive master who knew the area well. He pointed out fish and other interesting items as we drifted in the current. We saw Nurse sharks, eagle rays yellow sting rays, huge grouper, morays and parrot fish. And lots of smaller fish too. The reef is healthy and vibrant with water temperature at 83 degrees in late November.
The best part was the feast wre had after cooking up the Lion fish, crabs and Lobsters that were caught during the hunt. It was a little early for Thanksgiving but much better than Turkey.
I will dive with them again. Ask for Victor or Joseph.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

If you want to do the best dives in Cozumel, this is the place. I'm an advanced diver with 1400+ dives and I was very happy with their service, the divemaster I spent the week with (Julio), the manager (Victor), the price, and most importantly, the dives we did. Here's a summary: November 13, 2011
Diving with Opal's Dream
November 19, 2011
Columbia Wall air
Delilah 32 nitrox
Chankanaub 32 nitrox
I dove woth the same group for the week and made some friends. Add to that, on two nights, the crew invited us to hang out after the diving for a cookout (and a few cervasas).
Every day, they took care of the gear rinsing, etc. Basically, I only had to show up and go dive. This will be my shop of choice going fwd.

2  Thank Deepstops