“pepe's cozumel”
Review of PEPE"S

PEPE"S
Reserve with OpenTable
PEPE"S is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 370 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Since 1966 Pepe's has been a msut when it comes to dining in Cozumel. In 2012 it underwent a major remodeling. We added a brand new bar and an open terrace for "al fresco" dining. Pepe's is now a modern and vibrant restaurant with a menu that combines the best of the mexican, caribbean and American cuisine. Don´t forget to try our world knowned caesar salad and our Angus Quality American cuts. Happy hour at the bar daily from 6 to 9 pm.
Austin, Texas
“pepe's cozumel”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Newly remodeled, with new owners. Beautiful with great view. Prices have escalated! Food is still good, lots of the old waiters have left, but it's still fun. But very expensive for Cozumel.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank sjcockburn
Pepe B, Owner at PEPE"S, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your review.

• Hebrew first
Chicago, Illinois
“Tasty but pricey”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We came here for dinner and the food was great. I had a steak and my wife had the lobster tail, and we both enjoyed them a good deal. The Caeser Salad was amazing and was prepared entirely from scratch at the table. I've never seen the likes before. The restaurant is on the second floor with a good view of the ocean. Expect to pay a lot though, the same you might pay for a lower high end meal in a major American city. We had three people and the bill, with tip, came out to over $200. That included a few drinks and a couple of desserts, plus the table salad I mentioned.

• Visited February 2013
Pepe B, Owner at PEPE"S, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your review.
“Good for drinks”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Pepe's twice for drinks (a well balanced margarita on the rocks in a tumbler, a surprisingly rare to find in Cozumel)It has great views of the ocean and the hustle bustle of the street below. Very good if you want to get away from the tourist traps, interior looks like any other fine dining restaurant around the world. Good for a date.

Pepe B, Owner at PEPE"S, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad you liked the atmosphere. Next time try our happy our at the bar from 5 to 9 pm everyday, 50% off drinks.
Timmins, Canada
“..a big FAN...tastic”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I returned to Pepe's on December 14th after a so-so experience earlier in the year. At that time, although the waitress was truly a delight, the grilled lobster was not and even her bubbly enthusiasm could not make up for that disappointment. However, I did remark to my husband that it honestly was the best Caesar salad in the world, a standard to which all Caesar salads, before or since have not come close to approaching. So when we found ourselves in Cozumel for a week in December, and at my husband's insistence, I hesitantly agreed to give Pepe's another try. In my mind, the salad alone would justify a second chance.
Somewhat reluctantly I dragged my feet up the stairs and stopped short in complete shock. Gone was the stuffy steak house! The tired decor, the white linens, the outdated captain's chairs, my grandmother's serving buffet...gone...all gone! In it's place was a total rejuvenation,....modern and sleek yet inviting at the same time. I don't know exactly how to describe it...urban elegance maybe, not what I was expecting in downtown San Miguel. It was just one of those WOW moments. Kudo's to your design team, it looks fantastic.
And it just got better from there. We were shown to a table overlooking the harbour and introduced to our server for the evening. At this point coudn't be more delighted. Wilberto is the consummate professional. He knew when to attend and when to stand back. When to make suggestions and when to let us chose. Not snobby or snide, genuinely friendly yet not overly familiar, so rare in the world of "dining out."
Pepe's has an excellent wine cellar but we wanted to try something that isn't normally available in the rest of North America or Europe. Wilberto suggested an Argentinian syrah....it was perfect.
We ordered Caesar salad...Wilberto made it table side with considerable care and it was as scrumptious as I remember. My husband had the New York and I had the rib eye...both medium rare....done to perfection. The chef knows his stuff and his cuts, that's for sure. Thank you chef. Couldn't ask for a better entree. We ended the meal with an "icebox" lemon pie...to share...again devine..(trying to replicate at home with one of Emeril's recipes...can't..will have to go back and try another piece just to get it right....lol.)
All told, it was one of the best dining experiences we have ever had..and there have been thousands. It came together perfectly. From the atmosphere inside the restaurant, to the view and the warm breezes through the window, to the service, to the wine, to the meal itself, and on through dessert and coffee, it was the perfect storm. More than a month later I still think about it, and my husband still talks about it. It was truly that outstanding and memorable.
And to you Wilberto, you are a gem, you would be alpha in any restaurant in the world. Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. Wishing you all the best and hoping to see you again real soon.

• Visited December 2012
Pepe B, Owner at PEPE"S, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. It is always great to hear that someone appreciates what we tried to achieve with our remodeling. The style concept we were aiming for was Casual Elegance, we are glad you liked it.
Thank you for coming to our restaurant, we hope we geta chance to serve you once again.
Sincerely
Pepe Becerra
Houston, Texas
“Terribly overpriced”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We were 4 of a total of 12 guests for a 7 p.m. dinner. The service was great, the food terrible. The lobster tough, the steak overcooked, the salad great. After dinner, during coffee, the owner sent the daughter over to sell school candy at our table. A $300 (U.S.) tab!! We will never be back.

Visited January 2013
Pepe B, Owner at PEPE"S, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I believe we´ve already received the same report. thank you.