“A gem! Memorable food to match a memorable trip.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Cocay

La Cocay
Ranked #44 of 359 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: LA COCAY COZUMEL Mediterranean CuisineCreative food, good wine and warm hospitality in a comfortable setting. Our menu is inspired by the variety and flavors of the cuisines of the Mediterranean and Mexico.
brooklyn, ny
“A gem! Memorable food to match a memorable trip.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2010

My wife and I just got back from our trip to Cozumel. We saw the great reviews on TripAdvisor, and that La Cocay was listed as the best choice in Fodors 2010, and decided to try it on our first night. Well, it was so good I had to right my own review. To start off, we received some complimentary tapas, and free food always scores points with me. My wife had a Napa salad, which was enormous, and I had the heart of palm wrapped in smoked salmon, topped with caviar. And when our appetizers arrived at the table, you could see the care that was taken in the preparation. The salad came wrapped in a ribbon of what i think was beets, and mine looked like a triangle of 6 little towers. My description doesn't really do it justice, but we were very impressed. For our entrees, I had the special, which was grilled salmon, and my wife had the petite filet mignon. As with the appetizers, the food looked like a picture from a Food and Wine magazine, and tasted great. And although we were both pretty stuffed, nevertheless we had to try the chocolate torte. My wife usually doesn't like sweets, and I can look forward to eating the majority of a desert. But she liked the torte so much, she ate the majority of it. Overall, our bill came to about 760 pesos which was about $60. The service was great, everyone was so friendly. If they only had a Reisling on the wine list, it would have been close to a perfect meal. La Cocay was a few blocks further of a walk than many of the other restaurants in the square, but definitely worth walking the extra 4-5 blocks.

Tulsa
“The Only Restaurant That Is A Must”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2010

I have been to Cozumel about 20 times. This is by far my favorite restaurant on the island. My meal is always exquisite. The presentation is lovely. The specials always add variety. The desserts are amazing. Hands down my favorite.

Mexico
“We will not be back to this restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2010

After years of coming to Cozumel, this has been the most unpleasant experience. We had to return 3 plates (a group of 14) as they were cold. One pasta dish was uncooked, appetizers cold and hard. It was not worth the wait (very slow service - even for the island) and the prices high (very bad value). We do not recommend it and hope people reconsider when coming to Cozumel as there are various wonderful restaurants to try in the island.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
New York
“Best Christmas ever at La Cocay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2009

Our party had one of everything on the Christmas Eve menu. The Lobster bisque had tender chunks of lobster, the shrimp tempura was so good, and the Napa salad had the best dressing. Then dinner came and we had the trio which was a plate with Filet Mignon, lamb, and shrimp. The sauce that encompassed the plate melded well with the savory meat and the Cabernet Savignon we were drinking. To finish up our meal, we ended with the apple pie and the pear dessert both very good but nothing beats their chocolate souffle. What an amazing night. Cozumel was amazing, love the life, the culture, and the wonderful people we always meet at La Cocay.

Cozumel, Mexico
“Cozumel's Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2009

While I have eaten at LaCocay many times over the year, I have never written a review. I thought it was time to do so.
I recently dined there with local friends and, as always, the food and service was outstanding. We dined on the patio and it was a very nice evening.
We started with a Tapas assornment since we could not choose. All excellent and well presented. All in the group had a pasta dish and ,as alway, beautiful presentation and food quality. My linguini with shrimp had really huge shrimp--and I have never had better linguini.
The service was also excellent. Always there when needed but not intrusive. Water glasses kept filled, which is rare in Cozumel.
Had a long chat with the owner, Kathy and , as always a pleasure to talk to her. She has a long history of serving top notch food on the island.
The deserts are always delicious but, unfortunately , no room. The next time, I suppose.
All in all a wonderful experience. I highly recommend La Cocay.

1 Thank RobertSDF