“Hidden Jem in Cozumel”

Ranked #36 of 416 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: LA COCAY COZUMEL Mediterranean CuisineCreative food, good wine and warm hospitality in a comfortable setting. Our menu is inspired by the variety and flavors of the cuisines of the Mediterranean and Mexico.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife & I went to La Cocay at the suggestion of an ex pat living in Cozumel and found it to be a buried treasure. It's off the main drag but well worth exploring for anyone looking for a different dining experience. The kitchen is visible from the dining area and the chefs take a lot of pride in their presentation as we saw several dishes leaving the kitchen. The steaks we had were off the charts and the service was top notch. The garden area in the back was very nice and the overall experience will have us going back again on future trips to the island.

Brian & Sandy
Plano, TX

Reviewed February 3, 2013

It was the only night we spent more than $40 on dinner and it was incredibly worth it! Incredible wine, beautiful back garden, excellent food. The fish and the steak were mouth wateringly fantastic. The service is impeccable. I highly recommend this for your "splurge night" in Cozumel.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Just went to La Cocay. Don't believe the photos you see on their site. It's not a beautiful, chic, well lit, near the sea restaurant at all. It's dark at night. The fish we ordered was too cooked and the rice (that promised to be with cilantro) taste nothing. There were two cats and some sand fleas or cats fleas? I don't know but something bit my ankles all the time I was there. It was very expensive for nothing. I preferred the small but really good restaurant Costa Bravo on Call 7. Very good fish there for very little pesos.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

The quality is as good as ever.The dishes and servings are prepared with a unique presentation.I could eat here several times a week.Thank You for the neatest of dining experiences.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Lovely & romantic. Always a great meal here. Napa salad a must, enough to share. Outstanding seafood, great filet mignon. Owner is pleasant & accomodating. One of the best restaurants on the island. Do not miss this place!

1  Thank indy83