“The Best in Cozumel”

Ranked #39 of 411 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 14, 2010

We go to Cozumel at least 2 times a year. Last time, we went to la Choza 3 times during the same week: food is excellent, ambiance is perfect, and the service is exceptional.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,656)

Reviewed March 5, 2010

La Choza is one of Cozumel's oldest restaurants and serves good food at reasonable prices. The service is good and your food arrives quickly. However, we have never been rushed to vacate the table. It is good for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed February 28, 2010

I have no idea why everyone likes this place. We were there on 02/25/10. It has no atmosphere, the food was less than desirable. The service was more like being watched by security rather than being attended by good wait staff. I did have a soup that I wish I could remember it's name that was very tasty. It had avocado, cheese and tortilla strips. My wife had a noodle soup that was more like Lipton's cup of noodles than anything. I had a Mahi Mahi steak special that was extremely dry and the melted butter and garlic sauce couldn't help it. My wife had a Red Snapper that was drowning in some sort of sauce that was very over powering. Again I could not understand why everyone was raving about this place and I would never go back. Recommendations,,,,stay away.

Reviewed February 22, 2010

Been there at least 6 times and was very disappointed in the food this time. Great new location. I'm not sure we would go back there next time. Maybe for lunch I would try again. What happened to authentic Mexican with heat!!!

Reviewed February 17, 2010

O.K. it's a beautiful atmosphere for indoor dining and the free Jamaica is a nice touch. If you prefer overpriced, bland Mexican food (altered to suit tourist tastes), you need to be in a fairly chic, upscale place and you don't mind paying high prices for it, this may be for you. We found the food OK, but definately not traditional Mexican fare. Being here 8 days, this is not a place we'd return.

1  Thank theworldexplorer