“Great food”
Review of La Choza Cozumel

La Choza Cozumel
Ranked #19 of 374 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Charleston, sc
“Great food”
Reviewed March 21, 2009

Had a great time at La choza. The chicken w/ black sauce is amazing. One of the best mexican meals I have ever had, if not the best

• Hebrew first
toronto
“Excellent Choice!”
Reviewed March 11, 2009

We were in Cozumel in February and went to La Choza for lunch one day. It was amazing. Great food, reasonable prices, super atmosphere. Highly recommended!

Nashville, Tennessee
“authentic mexican food out of the touristy areas”
Reviewed March 9, 2009

A friend and I asked for a recommendation from our hotel staff at the Iberostar. They recommended La Choza, and it was great. The food was very cheap for the quality (between $10-17 usd), but the service made it all the better. I had the chicken mole, and my friend had the chicken fajitas, and we both loved our dishes. They were not too spicy, but different than the tex-mex places in the states. Our server, Cristian, spoke immaculate english, but appreciated that we tried to speak our spanish too. There were locals in the restaurant at the time, which is a good sign to me, and a few tourists. The salsa/queso that they bring with the chips was the best. I asked for the recipe, all knowing they won't give it to me, but they offered for me to buy a container of it to take home with me. I did, and am glad that I asked because I would have never known that was an option. Overall the service was great, the food was great, and the value was excellent as well. A great pick for anyone on the island.

Portland, Oregon
“Such a great experience”
Reviewed February 22, 2009

We were on a cruise, asked alot of locals where they ate. Our Cab driver mention place La Choza, he took us there, told the waiter we only had 2 hrs. The food was delightful, and they kept a close eye on us. When we asked them to call us a cab, they said it was already waiting for us.

Our first time in Cozumel and we can't wait to go back.

I will try the pie next time

minneapolis
“LaChoza, a great new find for us”
Reviewed February 15, 2009

We just returned from Cozumel last week and after reading reviews on this site, we are so happy that we went to La Choza. The food was extrordinary! Had the grouper with a delicate dill sauce after the salad tower tied up with beet ropes! Such elegant presentation was only bested by the flavor. Also, the ambiance is wonderful! We will definately be back there next Feb.