“Great place”
Review of La Choza Cozumel

La Choza Cozumel
Ranked #18 of 380 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
“Great place”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Awesome food!! Good drinks. Reasonable prices.
First visit to la choza and it was worth it! Good service
We would def go back to est again.

• Hebrew first
West Branch, Iowa
“Great authentic Mexican food”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Recommended by a local, we found this restaurant and really enjoyed our dinner. Everyone in the group raved. The two sauces brought with chips were innovative and the guacamole we ordered was great. I had the chicken mole poblano which was incredibly good. Margaritas were pretty good. Overall, we would definitely go back on our next trip and recommend to others on the island.

• Visited March 2014
Dallas, Wisconsin
“La Choza Restaurant, Cozumel”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

My husband and I have been to Cozumel several times and always eat here at least once. The food is great and they have this dipping sauce that we are addicted to!!! I don't know what is in it, but is so good. When you first start eating it, you don't feel the heat, but after a few bites, your mouth is on fire and you still can't stop eating it!!! The service here is great and so is the atmosphere. The price is reasonable and the location is centrally located. We always stay on the square, so it is within walking distance. Highly recommend you eat here at least once during your stay on the island.

• Visited December 2013
Camden, Maine
“Great morning, noon and night”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

One of our favorite restaurants on the island we visit several times every visit making sure to enjoy the variety of eating experiences they offer. Like many Cozumel restaurants the morning and noon meals seem to attract more locals than the evening meal which seems dominated by tourists. The wait staff has always been and remains exceptionally friendly and particularly helpful for those who are trying to improve their Spanish while traveling. They make suggestions, help with phrases and pronunciations. Don't forget breakfast, they open early and offer a wonderful start to the day with traditional mexican dishes as well as hot cakes and granola, yogurt and fruit dishes. All excellent.

• Visited March 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Lovely restaurant tucked away in Cozumel”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I had lunch here with guacamole, pork stew and complementary chicken soup for lunch with a couple of big margaritas.

The pork stew was absolutely incredible. It didn't look like much but the flavours were divine. The stock was mouth watering with the peppers they used so full of flavour. The meat just pulled apart so easily and was so full of the flavour of the stock. Easily the best dish I have had while I was away. I offered US$20 for the recipe but the chef wouldn't give it to me :-( but he did appreciate how much I enjoyed it! $283 pesos in total or US$24.65, so not much for all the food and margaritas that I had.

Visited March 2014