“Yummy but expensive”

Ranked #39 of 411 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 19, 2014

La Choza was recommended to us by several different locals as a place that locals ate. I suspect that that is not actually the case, but it was good. It was a little hokier than necessary in the décor. But, the service was excellent and the food was good. The establishment was clean. The wait staff was prompt. It was pricer than I was hoping - more like going to a nicer Mexican restaurant in the states. The beer was cold, which was great because the restaurant was HOT. Had some delicious soup and salsa there. Fish dishes looked really nice. Beef was delicious.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,656)

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Great food from the house "salsa" to the fish soup! I enjoyed the chicken nachos so well I cancelled my fajitas because I just did not have room!

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

14 of us ate at La Choza while vacationing in Cozumel. The food was good, service was very good considering the number of people in our group. There were two gentleman playing music for us which was nice. Prices seemed appropriate.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Great midrange restaurant with bargain prices. Each dinner entree comes with nacho chips and soup. Good dinner with a beer and desert for about $15.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

It is a bit hidden away, but with taxi you will definitely get there. One of the best Mexican restaurants I've ever been to. The sizzling Fajitas, to die for! Everything about this place was great, it was pouring rain outside, and we couldn't care less. They even had mariachis singing in there. I believe this is where the real connoisseurs of the island frequent.
AND IT HAS WIFI!!