“Crooks”
Review of La Choza Cozumel

La Choza Cozumel
Ranked #19 of 386 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Charged my parents US$194 for 2 diet cokes and one lunch order of fajitas.... Will not return and I recommend you pay cash only if you want lunch in a back ally with no water view.

There are newer reviews for La Choza Cozumel

Reviewed December 8, 2013

La Choza was my first experience of local food in Cozumel when I stopped here with some crew friends off a cruise ship. Since then I've been to Cozumel many times including a 10 day stay and eaten at most all of the popular local places. Still, nothing comes close to the greatness of La Choza! Always my first and most anticipated stop when I get on the island.

Always fresh, always great, always friendly, flawlessly clean, great atmosphere! Great breakfast too, I have been eating here for years and didn't know they served breakfast until my most recent visit.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

When we visit Cozumel this is a must stop(usually at least 2 times each visit). The staff is so friendly and really make sure that you are taken care of. I love the shrimp chili relleno which is served with tons are fresh shrimp in a poblano pepper covered in a tasty red sauce. The lobster kebabs are great too! They make a wonderful margarita with a splash of orange juice. You are served fresh tortilla chips with their spicy dipping sauce when you sit down. The sauce is also available to purchase to take home with you.
We recommend this restaurant to all our friends who visit the island...it doesn't disappoint!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Very enjoyable experience, the food is delicious, the service friendly and prompt and the home made salsa is to die for. Casual dining in a very nice atmosphere, free wi-fi available. We will be back

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were on a trip to Playa del Carmen for a week and just couldn't pass up the chance to catch the ferry to Cozumel for a visit to one of our favorite restaurants "LA CHOZA". This was our first time to the new location and it was cool and open air, which is nice in the humidity of Cozumel. The atmosphere was very charming and the staff was friendly and attentive. It was a special treat to be able to visit with Ignacio, Jose and Christian as it's been 7 years since our last visit. We have to admit that we made two visits that same day for their awesome food, drinks and fresh chips with homemade salsa. We have enjoyed every item we have tried on the menu but are especially fond of their fajitas. Whether you come here for just a drink or a meal, you won't be disappointed.