“Great food”
Review of La Choza Cozumel

La Choza Cozumel
Ranked #20 of 394 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The food is great real mexican flavor, the avocado pie is something you need to taste, they only need a beverage carte but is nice, the place is well iluminated and with painted wall with some images of mexico.

The food is with a good size of portion, you can not be hungry after that.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,556)

Reviewed September 23, 2012

What a lovely place!! we weren't expecting to find a beautiful place away from the tourist crowd in Cozumel. The food is adorable, and the service is great!! you have to go there if you go to Cozumel!! 100% recommended. The best fish I ever had!!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We actually happend upon this resturant by default, were we wanted to go was closed, and so glad it was. Nice and relaxed atmosphere, was seranaded while we waited for our food. The food was delicious and the staff was wonderful. Enjoyed it so much we went back the night. Definitly recommend going and if you do, order the stuffed pepper!! Yummy

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I love La Choza. The food is wonderful, the margaritas are huge and the staff is very attentive. I've eaten here a lot whenever I'm on the island. Every diner receives a dish of home made chips and a dish of their wonderful mustard sauce. Every meal gets a choice of wonderful soups. I love their chicken noodle. As if the fisherman have caught any red snapper and they will grill them for you - whole! The most wonderful fish dish I've ever had! The clients are tourist and locals and the place is always bustling with fun, laughter and people enjoying themselves.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had a great lunch here, just found it by chance after a local recommended it. It's off the beaten track a little, and one I thing I loved was there was no one outside trying to drag you in! The food was simple but spectacular, the place itself is a hacienda style, it was pretty full for mid week in low season, a good mix of tourists and plenty of locals. They did what they could to accommodate our tastes providing items that were not on the menu. Can't wait to back.