“Surprisingly great steak!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I was shocked to discover an excellent steakhouse hidden on an island in Mexico! I thought the prize was very reasonable and the steak both large and delicious. Highly recommended!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

This place was delicious. We had a large group of people and the service was spectacular considering our group likes to drink and eat a lot. I had their original sangria-very yummy. I also had their snapper stuffed with shrimp that was incredibly tasty and filled me up. Their bisque was the type that melts in your mouth! And the bread-well let's be honest-bread with every meal is a treat and this bread was great! A sweet little find, that's for sure!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

So our crew was beaten and tired from a let's just say long night at the Cantina. We were all hungry and needed to get our eating on. Kiki and the Lobster Grill didn't disappoint. I had the surf and turf, and boy was I wrong when I thought how could a little grill in Mexico possibly serve steak that competes with the big places in the States. It was fantastic! If you are looking for an awesome place to take a group, or a romantic dinner for 2. This is a great spot. On the North End of the island across from Playa Azul it is only a few minutes by cab from the Cruise Ship dock and main part of town. Definitely worth the trip. Say hi to the man slinging the awesome drinks behind the bar he is awesome.

1  Thank jfischcls
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This was the biggest surprise and THE best meal of our trip. Don't confuse the 2 places...go to the one on the north side (further from town). The service was outstanding and the lobster was out of this world. La Cabana del Pescador is adjacent to a little place called the Key Lime Factory. The owner's wife makes fresh Key Lime Pie every day and it was simply the best desert I've ever had. We stayed right across the street and no matter where we ate, we went across the street for pie every--and I mean every--night of our stay. It was that good. The woman is an artist.

Again, there are 2 places right next to each other that look like they could be the same place. Go to the north one next to Key Lime Factory and get a lobster and then a LARGE Key lime to share...you won't be sorry.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We went down to the restaurant on the recommendation from other guest at the hotel we were staying at. Everyone said to go to the one to the North or left when looking at the building because there are two lobster houses in the same building and the other one is not good. We decided on the steak and lobster special for $36. When the meal came it had 1 1/2 small tails and a huge steak. Of course we all tried the lobster first and it was delicious but the big surprise was the steak, it was one of the best steaks all of us had had. We come from an area of high-end resorts and we know a good steak. We also had the shrimp chowder and shrimp cocktail which were equally wonderful. The service was quick and attentive. I would recommend this restaurant highly and will definitely go back the next time we are in Cozumel.