“Great food, convenient location”
Review of Casa Denis

Casa Denis
Ranked #45 of 384 Restaurants in Cozumel
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Toronto, Canada
“Great food, convenient location”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We went to Cozumel for the first time (one week in February). We went to Casa Denis for lunch one day, and both had the lime soup and fish with garlic. Both were so good that we went back a couple of days later for supper. The soups (cream of avocado with supper) were spectacular, and the food was consistently good as well ... especially that fish with garlic. Nice atmosphere (a long time family-run restaurant) ... if we go back to Cozumel, we'll definetly return to Casa Denis!

New York City, New York
“Great service but average food”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

After reading all the reviews, I was super excited to try Casa Denis. It has a great location downtown for people watching and the service was great. However, I found the food to be mediocre at best. The food at the local taquerias tasted better.

Toronto
“Authentic Mexican Cuisine”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had a delicious lunch at Casa Denis during Carnival 2013. The shared platter had plenty of food, allowed us to sample different Mexican dishes. The service was friendly and atmosphere relaxing. We highly recommend this restaurant for a great lunch, just steps from the main plaza in Cozumel.

Visited February 2013
Plantation, Florida
“Just What We Were Looking For!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I spent a few hours in Cozumel on Saturday as it was a stop on our cruise. I knew it was going to be mega-touristy there, but also wanted to try to get a lunch that I felt was somewhat authentic. I had read about Casa Denis online - it's supposedly Cozumel's oldest restaurant - and it was an easy find right off the main square. The staff was very friendly and spoke English. It was very relaxing to sit outside and people-watch.

All of the Yucatecan food we had was homemade and delicious. Complimentary chips and fresh salsa were brought out first. Then I had the Fish Filet with Mayan Spinach Sauce and my husband had the Grilled Octopus. We also shared some Guacamole. Really, there were no complaints about anything we had and I thought $35 for the food plus two sodas was a fair price. If you want something other than a burrito while in Cozumel, eat here!

Seattle, Washington, United States
“Our favorite restaurant by far!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My family stayed on the island for 10 days, and this was by far our favorite restaurant! Wonderful food and the location right on the square was perfect for people watching. We made sure to eat here a couple of times during our stay. Great margaritas, too.

• Visited December 2012