The hotel is very beautiful and relaxing. The fact that it has its own entrance to Chichen Itza made things very easy for us. The guide that we hired (Jaime) was the best tour-guide I've ever seen. He was extremely nice to everybody (not only us), and very enthusiastic.
We were very pleased with the hotel except for one thing: the buffet. It was really overpriced. Just a few things available: hot dogs, some pasta, and mexican food. The fruit seemed to have been for a week laying in the sun and the waiters were very rude. They took away your plate before we even finished.
Some of the staff at the hotel were nice, while others had some kind of attitude. Hospitality wasn't very common at this hotel.
Also, when we had breakfast, we were very surprised when they brought the bill. Without prior notice, they added taxes! Something that never happens in Mexico, not even at this hotel when we booked the room right there. It seemed like they were trying to get money out of us in even possbile way. Even they take advantage of how hot it gets there, so a bottle of water was more expensive than a coke.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-Class resort in a unique tropical setting inside the Chichen Itza Arqueological Park. SPA. One of the 100 hotels on National Geographic "The Stay List" 2009 and again in one of the "133 Hotels we love, December 2011. Conde Nast Reader's One of the 100 Top Hotels in the World 2003. Conde Nast Gold List 2004. The most awarded resort in Yucatan. A member of the Rain Forest Alliance. 100% Mayan staff. Over 100 acres of unique tropical gardens. Award winning restaurants serving Mayan, Yucatecan, Mexican and International delicacies. Specialty stores. The Choco Story Museum store. we are less than a 2 hour drive from Cancun International Airport. Even less from the Merida Airport. We have special transportation pricing and arrangements. please contact us for details. We have a money back guarantee that our Resort, rooms, services and facilities are the very best in all of central Yucatan (Including Valladolid, Izamal and all other villages). Please Call us for more information on transportation, tours and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel & Bungalows Mayaland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel And Bungalows Mayaland
- Mayaland Hotel Chichén Itzá
- Hotel Mayaland