I love old hotels. This one is up there! So here's the deal, If you are going to charge American prices, you should provide the same services. Wifi that works everywhere not just in the lobby, and staff the speak any foreign language, and included breakfast would be a good start. I speak English French and German, most of the staff could speak none of it.
What the staff lacked in language they made up for in enthusiasm to help. They were super awesome as soon as you got across what you wanted.
The private entrance to the ruins is great. Don't bother with a room that looks over the observatory for more money. The gardens are really cool too look at at night. The AC was great, bed comfortable, and it was super easy to get to the ruins. This is important, because you want to get there as soon as they open to avoid the crowds, heat, and annoying vendors.
If you're into photography get a shot of the observatory with the sunset in the background. There is a place you access from the stairwell near the office and gift shop that has a stunning view of it. The staff know where!
There are lots of tours and families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-Class resort in a unique tropical setting inside the Chichen Itza Arqueological Park. SPA. One of the 100 hotels on National Geographic "The Stay List" 2009 and again in one of the "133 Hotels we love, December 2011. Conde Nast Reader's One of the 100 Top Hotels in the World 2003. Conde Nast Gold List 2004. The most awarded resort in Yucatan. A member of the Rain Forest Alliance. 100% Mayan staff. Over 100 acres of unique tropical gardens. Award winning restaurants serving Mayan, Yucatecan, Mexican and International delicacies. Specialty stores. The Choco Story Museum store. we are less than a 2 hour drive from Cancun International Airport. Even less from the Merida Airport. We have special transportation pricing and arrangements. please contact us for details. We have a money back guarantee that our Resort, rooms, services and facilities are the very best in all of central Yucatan (Including Valladolid, Izamal and all other villages). Please Call us for more information on transportation, tours and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel & Bungalows Mayaland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel And Bungalows Mayaland
- Mayaland Hotel Chichén Itzá
- Hotel Mayaland