We , that is my wife and I stayed here for three nights as part of the Yucatan Explorer tour. We were allocated room 106, a large room overlooking the jungle, two double beds and loads of room, clean bedding and quiet and restfully positioned. We were on full board and enjoyed the food which was a mixture of buffet and a la carte. The food was somewhat more national and less International which was good. Staff throughout the Hotel were friendly and attentive and we found what little Spainish I have went a long way. The location of this Hotel is yards away from the main site at Chichen Itza and this makes it even more desirable. On our third day a minor calamity occurred when part of the ceiling in our bathroom collapsed, luckily we were out on tour so on our return we had to move to room 25. This was a room with a Jacuzzi bath and huge balcony overlooking the Hotel grounds, these grounds were beautifully kept and were a home to a great variety of birdlife . All in all a great time was had, good accommodation and a great tour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-Class resort in a unique tropical setting inside the Chichen Itza Arqueological Park. SPA. One of the 100 hotels on National Geographic "The Stay List" 2009 and again in one of the "133 Hotels we love, December 2011. Conde Nast Reader's One of the 100 Top Hotels in the World 2003. Conde Nast Gold List 2004. The most awarded resort in Yucatan. A member of the Rain Forest Alliance. 100% Mayan staff. Over 100 acres of unique tropical gardens. Award winning restaurants serving Mayan, Yucatecan, Mexican and International delicacies. Specialty stores. The Choco Story Museum store. we are less than a 2 hour drive from Cancun International Airport. Even less from the Merida Airport. We have special transportation pricing and arrangements. please contact us for details. We have a money back guarantee that our Resort, rooms, services and facilities are the very best in all of central Yucatan (Including Valladolid, Izamal and all other villages). Please Call us for more information on transportation, tours and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel & Bungalows Mayaland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel And Bungalows Mayaland
- Mayaland Hotel Chichén Itzá
- Hotel Mayaland