We stayed here our second night making a trip around the Yucatan state. Our first night we stayed at the Mayaland Lodge in Uxmal and we had a great experience (you can see my review too).
We arrived here in the late afternoon by car. They have a private and secure place to leave the cars. There is a first welcoming reception and after telling them about our arrival, one golf cart came to pick up us and the luggages and brang us to the main building for the check in.
I emailed them when we made our booking telling them about the reason of our visit and they remembered when I did mention we were in honeymoon. So they had the nice touch to upgrade us to a superior room. It was perfect with a beautiful terrace overlooking the garden, a big room and a nice bathroom as well.
That day we decided to relax at the hotel and we enjoyed one of the several pools they have there. They provide towels for the pools which is great.
After that, we returned to our room for having a shower and changing our clothes as we had booked tickets for the planetarium they have there. I highly recommend to go, it worths every peso! After that we went to dinner to one of the restaurants and we enjoyed every meal. I highly suggest you to have dinner outside (no mosquitos at all) with the only light of the candles. A very romantic atmosphere!
The day after we had the breakfast at the hotel too and I highly suggest it. You can order à la carte and there are several choices. Our breakfast were excellent and the waiters are great.
While having breakfast we enjoyed the visit of a beautiful peacock.
After our breakfast we went to the Mayan ruins visiting the place with an excellent private guide. There is a direct entrance from the hotel which is great. Being there gives you the opportunity to get up early to visit Chichén Itzá almost empty.
I highly recommend to stay at Mayaland resorts. We had a great experience at the Lodge of Uxmal and the Hotel & Bungalows Mayaland. If we return there, we would definetely stay here again. But not for only one night but for more!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-Class resort in a unique tropical setting inside the Chichen Itza Arqueological Park. SPA. One of the 100 hotels on National Geographic "The Stay List" 2009 and again in one of the "133 Hotels we love, December 2011. Conde Nast Reader's One of the 100 Top Hotels in the World 2003. Conde Nast Gold List 2004. The most awarded resort in Yucatan. A member of the Rain Forest Alliance. 100% Mayan staff. Over 100 acres of unique tropical gardens. Award winning restaurants serving Mayan, Yucatecan, Mexican and International delicacies. Specialty stores. The Choco Story Museum store. we are less than a 2 hour drive from Cancun International Airport. Even less from the Merida Airport. We have special transportation pricing and arrangements. please contact us for details. We have a money back guarantee that our Resort, rooms, services and facilities are the very best in all of central Yucatan (Including Valladolid, Izamal and all other villages). Please Call us for more information on transportation, tours and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel & Bungalows Mayaland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel And Bungalows Mayaland
- Mayaland Hotel Chichén Itzá
- Hotel Mayaland