Stayed two nights as a family of four, so that we could visit the ruins.
The Hacienda is very regal and the grounds are stunning. Nice pool. Rooms nice and airy. We had one big room for the four of us which was fine, although the beds were a little on the small side.
Food was good- had most of our meals there as there is little choice generally in Chichin Itze. Food was very good and prices reasonable.
We paid the concierge for our Ruins tickets and they send someone to get them early. You can then go through the private gate into the ruins as it opens at eight, and get a good two hours before the coach tours arrive.
Good tip is to head straight for the main pyramid and work back- we got some fabulous photos with no one around.
Highly recommend this hotel and the ruins as a diversion for a couple of days from the beaches. My kids enjoyed it and found it interesting. Any longer and we may have hit their teenage limits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An eco-friendly boutique hotel, the Hacienda Chichen is committed to sustainable tourism and is devoted to Mayan culture and local community welfare. The resort consciously promotes an eco friendly environment rooted in Mayan tradition, which presents guests with plenty of romantic charm. An ambiance of 'home away from home' welcomes the Hacienda Chichen guests. The property's close proximity to the adjourning Chichen Itza ruins is a major plus for those travelers wishing to avoid the crowds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hacienda Chichen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Chichen And Yaxkin Spa
- Hacienda Chichen & Yaxkin Hotel Chichen Itza
- Hotel Hacienda Chichen Yaxkin