This is a beautiful hotel, right nxt door to the Chichen Itza ruins. You can easily walk there early in the morning when it is very quiet.
The hotel itself is very special, very atmospheric, it was used as a base by the archaelogists who explored the site. It has a grand entrance and a sitting room which is the library. The restaurant, which is excellent is on the terrace. Accommodation is in the bungalows built for the researchers in the grounds. Lovely sunny pool.
A great place to stop and explore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An eco-friendly boutique hotel, the Hacienda Chichen is committed to sustainable tourism and is devoted to Mayan culture and local community welfare. The resort consciously promotes an eco friendly environment rooted in Mayan tradition, which presents guests with plenty of romantic charm. An ambiance of 'home away from home' welcomes the Hacienda Chichen guests. The property's close proximity to the adjourning Chichen Itza ruins is a major plus for those travelers wishing to avoid the crowds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hacienda Chichen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Chichen & Yaxkin Hotel Chichen Itza
- Hacienda Chichen And Yaxkin Spa
- Hotel Hacienda Chichen Yaxkin