“Naturally Amazing”

Chichen Itza Small-Group Tour with Private Entrance from Tulum
$79.00*
Chichen Itza the Original Tour from Cancun and Riviera Maya
More attraction details
Owner description: This natural well, spanning 60 meters in diameter and reaching a depth of 22 meters, was used by the Mayans as a sacrificial pit for virgins, warriors and even infants.
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Mother nature is incredible my wife and I both enjoyed this very much. It seems impossible that this natural but it truelly is.

2  Thank worltrav11

Reviewed March 28, 2012

We arrived around midday - and the sun shone directly through the opening in the roof of the cenote. There was a Mayan ceremony underway as we arrived and it was an extra special treat to watch them perform their ritual. I spent a few minutes dipping my feet in the very refreshingly cool water of the cenote on a very hot and humid day!

1  Thank Jennifer Y
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Since it was included in our tour to Chichen Itza, it was worth a visit but I wouldn't take a tour especially to see this place.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

This cenote is within the park of Chichen Itza - I think around the south end.

I prefer the other cenote that is on the way to the tour but this one is more natural and no one jumps into it within the park

there is also a handy little building where you can buy water and refreshments from aswell so its a good little halfway hut / point during the visit aswell

1  Thank Jamie142
Reviewed March 6, 2012

it was well worth the hike here , even just to find peace from all those tourists ( I'm a traveller ) Loads of giant reptiles sunning there as well