“Avoid”
Review of Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville - CLOSED

Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Jimmy Buffetts's Margaritaville Cancun is a mecca for anyone who wants to have a good time in the company of the whole family, since his specialty is the fun of whoever views, no matter what age you have, living it in a tropical environment.There is something for everyone at Margaritaville from Caribbean food to live entertainment that is unlike anywhere in the area and also has its own margarita volcano inside the restaurant, a feature that marks us as a different place.Should be pampered by staff using Hawaiian clothing, plus it is a place where the rules and etiquette do not apply! Has a program of promotions every day of the week, with live music, trained in balloon twisting, master of ceremonies, karaoke and anything you can imagine to make your visit to Margaritaville Cancun, the most memorable, as the Fiesta is a: LIFESTYLE AT MARGARITAVILLE!!!
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We went to Mexico with a large group of people, a number of who were staying at different hotels so we used Margaritaville as a meeting place a few times due to its close proximity to our hotel.

While expensive, there were no apparent issues on our first visit. However, on our second and third visit we experienced the following:

• Drinks added to the menu that had already been paid for at the bar
• Bar staff very slow/reluctant to return change - hoping you'll get fed up of waiting so that they can steal it as a 'tip'.

Unfortunately, a number of our friends experienced the same behaviour from the bar staff with regards to tipping and their drinks orders.

Basically, the staff see tourists as fair game and will rip you off using the above techniques to line their own pockets!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

As usual, Jimmy Buffett's is consistent. Decent food at a fair price. Fun place and friendly wait staff. My wife always goes nuts in the shop. Good quality but no bargain..

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We went for the Super Bowl. Sound was extremely loud, so much so that we had to stuff pieces of napkins in our ears. They had trouble at times keeping the satellite feed. Service started out fine but then got very slow but that might have been due to the number of people there for the game. The guacamole was good and we liked the combo fajitas.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My friend and I visited Margaritaville @ Cancun airport as we waited for our flight home. It was pricey for even an airport establishment but we had high hopes as it was so busy. The drinks were average (house margaritas) and food was nice (quesadillas and veggie burger) but nothing special. However there was absolutely no service with a smile or even any interaction from our waiter. We had a generally nice time until the waiter came with the bill and literally stood over me demanding his tip. I am fully aware of the tipping protocol (and the importance of this in Mexico especially) but found him extremely rude, arrogant and obnoxious, particularly when he began pointing out loudly that I should be tipping 10% of the check (this came to 1052 pesos). He hadn't even let me pay the initial amount before trying to bully me into handing over another 100 pesos (£5) but by this point I was so disgusted with his attitude, recalled that he had done literally nothing other than the bare minimum if a waiter - no conversation, no particular helpfulness - so I left 60 pesos (and wish now that I'd left nothing). My guess is he saw two British women and thought we were easy targets for as little effort as possible. The experience left me feeling angry and humiliated. I strongly recommend avoiding this establishment.

1  Thank TigerLily86
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My daughter in law is on a restricted diet and the staff prepared a beautiful kabob dinner designed on a fresh pineapple. The guacamole cart rolled up to our table and prepared it in front of us with the ingredients we wanted. The music started playing and my 4 year old was encouraged to dance with the staff. We got balloons made into head gear and they made a giant pacifier. I got a balloon parrot on my shoulder. Great food and lots of fun.

Nora36_12, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Sherly,

Thank you very much for your comments, the expreincia with your daughter makes us feel more committed to our customers, we will continue to stand for a service that gratify yourself. The balloons and figures made ​​from them, causes people to have fun a lot.

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards