Book In Advance
Tours from ScubaCaribe tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience ScubaCaribe
from $115.00
from $65.00
from $92.00
More Info
All reviews scuba caribe underwater museum riu palace isla mujeres sea bus sunken ship sea turtles boat takes different areas sting ray speedboat tour ocean dive hotel pool interesting information private boat hour trip smaller group
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

First attempt at Scuba Diving.
We started with a quick instruction and lesson run down. Emmanuel was our instructor, very informative and helpful.
Please note those of you who want to go to the Underwater Museum, it is asked of you not to bring your underwater cameras (go pro, etc) this is speaking to those who are not certified divers.
It’s a policy which I completely agree with for safety reasons. You will be concentrated on your regulators and breathing patterns and should no be distracted by your camera.

After the pool lesson, Emmanuel and had notified us that we couldn’t go to the underwater museum because of winds, which we all understood. He said to come back tomorrow and we can try again. Which we did.

We were able to go out the following day, waves were rough, but the sights were amazing. The water is impeccable.

I was very happy with Emmanuel’s instructions, he was very clear, helpful and professional. Even when we were underwater doing our deep diving, he made me feel confident and assisted me through the whole process.
I personally wasn’t able to stay underwater very long but nevertheless he was an excellent instructor and highly recommended.

Appreciate the crew working with him that day!

Date of experience: May 2019
SC_RS_Worldwide, Community Manager at ScubaCaribe, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Nicolinna,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I will share your kind comments with the people mentioned above.

All our staff members strive to provide the finest service to all guests and it is great to hear that your experience was no exception.

We are looking forward to host you again soon.

Warmly,

ScubaCaribe

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We did a trip from Riu Dunamar to Isla Mujeres with snorkeling or was great the guys who we booked with were really helpful gave us all the tips and recommendations for the trip and the guys on board were really helpful and looked after everyone really well. The trip itself was also great Isla Mujeres a great little Island yoi can get around quickly and easily with loads of shops restaurants and things to see.

Dear ballyb86,

Thank you for sharing your great experience with us.

All our staff members pledge to provide the finest personal service and facilities for our guests who will always enjoy a warm, relaxed, yet refined ambiance.

We are looking forward to host you again,

Warmly,

ScubaCaribe

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My friend and I went to Scubacaribe to get our scuba open water dives in and certify while we were in Cancun for spring break.
Our instructor was Santiago and he was great! He ensured our safety and made us feel comfortable during our dives. For the first dive, I became nervous to descend, as this was my first dive in the ocean and it looked like I was so high up when I was looking down into the water. Santi spent time talking with me and helped me feel more confident. He also made sure we were having fun while on our dives.

The only concerns/ complaints I have are with the communication and emails from Bianca Mueller. I emailed Bianca several times in order to ensure my friend and I were were we needed to be at the correct time with the correct paperwork. I was sent the link to the wrong location. I was under the impression that this is at Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas, when this company is actually located at RIU Caribe hotel. I chose this company because I thought it was close to my hotel. I was also told to arrive to the company the day I landed to get more information on the scuba certification. My friend and I got a taxi, as time was running out since the flight landed later in the afternoon and the company closed at 5 p.m. My friend and I arrived at 4:50 p.m. and was told by one of the lifeguards that no one was available at that time and to just come back the next morning at 8 a.m. Then I found out that there was no reason to make that pre-information visit anyways. We were also told by Bianca that we were scheduled for the two days that we requested, but when my friend and I checked in, we were not on the schedule for the next day! Our instructor Santi was able to work with us to schedule for different days; so it ended up being a span of 3 days to complete our 4 dives. This worked out for us because we were flexible in our plans on our trip. If we had days scheduled out for excursions and what not, it may not have worked out for us. We were also under the impression that we would be on a larger boat, but we went on a smaller boat which caused my friend and I to get sea-sick.

Overall, the communication between Bianca and the Scubacaribe staff and the customers needs to improve.

I definitely recommend our instructor Santi! He was awesome and so was the staff.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

Was sold a snorkelling trip on the big boat. When we got there we were put in the small boat for the whole trip. Too many people squashed together. Was very hard to get in and out of the boat. Didn't see many fish as was too busy looking up trying to follow the guide. Roberto is your best friend while he's getting your money and after very rude.

Reviewed April 7, 2019

My wife and I along with with another couple did the snorkeling--Isle Mejures excursion. The day was nice, but I would recommend a trip to the island with more time to spend there. We only had about 2 1/2 hours on land which we walked the streets looking through some of the shops. More time would allow more shopping, renting a golf cart and eating. My friend and I also did a scuba diving excursion. Scuba Caribe now has a policy to were you have to do a shallow dive first with them. For safety it's a good policy, but to dive at 30--35 ft was not what we were looking for being advanced divers. At least we were able to dive.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

Would you trust someone that sends the car to pick you up in the wrong hotel even after you verbally express and wrote it in multiple forms where you are staying to be your diving guide???
Well, if leaving us behind wasn't enough they didn't do anything to compensate the fact that we had to wake up 6am in the morning and wasted at least 2hrs of our vacation waiting for a car that never arrived.
And if you think it's alright because you will get you money back, you are right, but not without a two weeks wait time.
Yes, this is real bad, I'm not used to give bad reviews not even to mediocre places but this one won it.
CONCLUSION: if you are considering using this company to whatever they offer, make sure they don't forget you and if your activity involve any safety concerns think twice.