“Just bad”
Review of Maki Taco

Maki Taco
Ranked #10 of 1,370 Restaurants in Cancun
Description: Specialty Japanese Mexican fusion.
Description: Specialty Japanese Mexican fusion.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Super small portions..bad food that tasted terrible. Even the atmosphere was bad. It wouldn’t take much other than real chefs to turn it around though

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (1,538)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So, as we frequently do... every two months.... return to this lovely spot and dine at MAKI TACO at least three times out of our seven day visit.... I want to SINGLE OUT AN EMPLOYEE NAMED “ ANTONIO,” a waiter here who has gone out of his way to provide not just good advice and service, but EXCELLENT!!! Antonio makes suggestions, describes various dishes and answers menu questions as if he were the CHEF!! I’ve even asked him at lunch, “ Antonio, what should I order? “ I took his recommendations seriously and had another MOST DELIGHTFUL EXPERIENCE.... he even “paired” my request with a splendid bottle of VILLA PAOLA “Tempranillo.”
So, my family not only once again enjoyed MAKI TACO but couldn’t wait to return a total of three times this visit! Also, my granddaughter, a freshman at college in Philadelphia has asked me to bring her back during spring break. I told her that I would and that WE ARE RETURNING the first week of MARCH!!
So, ANTONIO, get ready because EL CAPITAN is returning for some more great MAKI TACO treats!!’ And ANTONIO, YOU ARE THE MAN !!!
CAP

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If I could score lower I would. Terrible service. First hotel restaurant of many were they didn’t give a crap about their guests

2  Thank Advidtravler4321
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The menu is broken into sections and you order one thing from each section (for basic all-inclusive anyway) so not a lot of food but all of it was yummy and the service was excellent.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 8, 2020

Staying at The Pyramid or Grand Oasis Hotel? You must stop by Maki Taco! This fusion inspired restaurant was an excellent option from the many restaurants available. I want to personally thank our waiter, Carlos, he truly went above and beyond to provide a great, friendly service! Our experience here was made complete by Carlos service and attentiveness.

Date of visit: December 2019