“Wow! And Wow! And Wow again.”

Puerto Madero Cancun
Reserve with OpenTable
Puerto Madero Cancun is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 977 Restaurants in Cancun
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The most exclusive restaurant in Cancun since it opened in June 2004. Casual and elegant atmosphere with soft music, an invitation to enjoy good food, the best service and the warm Caribbean atmosphere of Cancun, which attracts millions of tourists from around the world. Our menu features the finest selection of meats, fish and seafood imports and Lobster from Maine, lovingly prepared in our exclusive "Charcoal Grill". A privileged place where you can admire every evening, from our covered terrace, the spectacular "Sunset" that makes this Cancun a destination "must see".
Mastic, New York
“Wow! And Wow! And Wow again.”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

What a surprise. My wife and I were feeling like a steak and surf and turf dinner. With so many choices for this style cuisine, we just flipped a coin and wound up at Puerto Madero. Now we are not really that adventurous, but this was a stab at something new sight unseen. We made reservation for six thirty, and arrived at six fifteen? We were seated right away outside which was heavenly. A warm evening with a slight breeze made for a very comfortable evening. My wife ordered surf and turf with a salad appetizer. I ordered a rib eye with oysters Rockefeller as an appetizer. We both had drinks, Cosmo & Jack & coke. Let me say this from the onset. The service is second to none. Every detail of your dining experience is attended to. From the matrie'd to the bus boy, nothing was left to chance or omitted. First class service all the way. The bread basket contained various bread sticks and breads with sauces for dipping, balsamic, jalapeño and seasoned butter. My wife described her salad as scrumptious and my oyster's Rockefeller were the best I can ever remember having. The entree's were magnificent in presentation as well as taste. For my wife to just say "yum, yum, yum" throughout the meal was amazing. Her steak was cooked to perfection, her lobster melted in her mouth and the side veggies were perfect. My ribeye was cooked perfectly, my waiter at my request picked my sides which included crab filled tortellini in cream sauce and delicately sautéed peppers and onions. This could easily qualify as one of the best ten meals I've ever had. Dessert consisted of a sorbet for the bride and flan for me. Both were exquisite and flavorful. I highly recommend a visit to Puerto Madero. It is a bit high end price wise but you get more value than what the cost is. We will definitely make this a must do every year also.

1 Thank Orlando J

• Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
“Dessert made at our table”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Our waiter was excellent. Portions are large and he saw we are slim and recommended we get 1/2 portion of appetizer salad. The food was great, my husband loved his dish, I liked my tuna but didn't love it considering it was the special. I didn't like the fact that they wouldn't let my family with children sit outside. Outside is the smoking section but it is our choice to decide if we are ok with that. The host would not allow us to sit outside. This is the only restaurant in cancun that wouldn't allow us outside. Our dessert was a crepe made by our waiter at our table. He was meticulous with it and took a lot of time. It was a great experience for my children to watch. We would go back.

Cleveland, Ohio
“Very good but pricey”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The food was very good but pricey. Excellent service with a high ratio of waiters to patrons. Part of the restaurant has a nice view of the water.

Oxford
“Amazing place for steaks”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went here specifically to try the tenderloin steaks, and were not dissapointed. They were done to perfection and top quality. We were less impressed with the sides, which tended to be on the salty side, and the "puffed potatoe" side dish our guidebook was raving about turned out to be a kind of crisp, similar to nachos. Still, one bite of the steak and any minor shortcomings in the sides are forgotten.

Delicious!

It's a popular, noisy, very busy place and staff are working extremely hard to provide an efficient service, which they do admirably. Reservations not essential but recommended.

• Visited February 2013
Cancun, Mexico
“One of the Better Places”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have now been there twice and the first time ahdt he Live Maine Lobster and it was the best I have had. The second time, they were setting up for 300 people in one group and the food was not the best. I will still give it a very good rating and will do again.