“Dessert made at our table”
Review of Puerto Madero

Puerto Madero
Reserve with OpenTable
Puerto Madero is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,079 Restaurants in Cancun
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The most exclusive restaurant in Cancun since it opened in June 2004. Casual and elegant atmosphere with soft music, an invitation to enjoy good food, the best service and the warm Caribbean atmosphere of Cancun, which attracts millions of tourists from around the world. Our menu features the finest selection of meats, fish and seafood imports and Lobster from Maine, lovingly prepared in our exclusive "Charcoal Grill". A privileged place where you can admire every evening, from our covered terrace, the spectacular "Sunset" that makes this Cancun a destination "must see".
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Our waiter was excellent. Portions are large and he saw we are slim and recommended we get 1/2 portion of appetizer salad. The food was great, my husband loved his dish, I liked my tuna but didn't love it considering it was the special. I didn't like the fact that they wouldn't let my family with children sit outside. Outside is the smoking section but it is our choice to decide if we are ok with that. The host would not allow us to sit outside. This is the only restaurant in cancun that wouldn't allow us outside. Our dessert was a crepe made by our waiter at our table. He was meticulous with it and took a lot of time. It was a great experience for my children to watch. We would go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,700)

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The food was very good but pricey. Excellent service with a high ratio of waiters to patrons. Part of the restaurant has a nice view of the water.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went here specifically to try the tenderloin steaks, and were not dissapointed. They were done to perfection and top quality. We were less impressed with the sides, which tended to be on the salty side, and the "puffed potatoe" side dish our guidebook was raving about turned out to be a kind of crisp, similar to nachos. Still, one bite of the steak and any minor shortcomings in the sides are forgotten.

It's a popular, noisy, very busy place and staff are working extremely hard to provide an efficient service, which they do admirably. Reservations not essential but recommended.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have now been there twice and the first time ahdt he Live Maine Lobster and it was the best I have had. The second time, they were setting up for 300 people in one group and the food was not the best. I will still give it a very good rating and will do again.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was our 2nd visit here, the first being in 09. It was exactly the same as i remember it being: delicious. We didnt make a reservation, and we were seated wthin 5 mins of arriving, the place was packed, but our waiter was attentive and speedy.

Drinks: I got mojitos and my fiance got margaritas, both juuust strong enough.

Food: got the garlic shrimps for an app. I think there were abt 9 shrimp in the dish, so the size was perfect. For the entree i got tuna steak, a menu staple, and it was all right...but ive had better tuna for sure. I ordered it cooked rare, and they cooked it medium well one side, and left the other side totally raw. Not the most conventional way of cooking the fish, but it guess it did make it rare, technically. Te sauce they put on it was a generic soy sauce, and i wasnt a fan. My fiance got the surf and turf and OH MY GOD sooooooo good. I wanted to steal his lobster. It was absolutely phenomenal. We got the caramel crepes as dessert. They r made table side and they are really good!!!! Is not the gross caramel sauce that u c at ice cream places- its homemade, booze based deliciousness

Service: attentive, but not hovering. We didnt have to flag our waiter down at any point.

Ambiance: bustling! Very energetic. Lots of groups, families w older kids, couples