“Excellent Combination /Meat/seafood”
Review of Puerto Madero

Puerto Madero
Reserve with OpenTable
Puerto Madero is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 1,144 Restaurants in Cancun
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The most exclusive restaurant in Cancun since it opened in June 2004. Casual and elegant atmosphere with soft music, an invitation to enjoy good food, the best service and the warm Caribbean atmosphere of Cancun, which attracts millions of tourists from around the world. Our menu features the finest selection of meats, fish and seafood imports and Lobster from Maine, lovingly prepared in our exclusive "Charcoal Grill". A privileged place where you can admire every evening, from our covered terrace, the spectacular "Sunset" that makes this Cancun a destination "must see".
Reviewed November 11, 2012

very good service ,good food overall ,nice location,we are always there at least twice on each trip ,good wine selection ,on the expensive side.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,868)

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have been to this restaurant at least 8 times and always come away knowing that we just ate at the best restaurant in Cancun! The food is fabulous and they make these air-filled, puffy potatoes that are most unusual and delicious. The steak is as good as any fine steak place in NYC, and the service can't be beat. Highly, highly recommend eating at Puerto Madera!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This fine restaraunt was recommended to us by many locals. It's know for fine Steaks & Seafood. The second we entered the place I knew it was the right place to be. If you are looking for top of the line service, wine, & food - this is THE PLACE! Absolutely top of the line in every regard. The wait staff is organized, professional & eager to please.
The menu choices left us all with our mouths hanging open. Beautiful decor, fabulous wine lists and mouth watering steaks & seafood. It would be difficult to say anything negative. Home made breads, rolls & tempande, on to an amazing blue cheese salad. There were 4 at our table and we had lobster tails, steak and tuna . The fish couldn't be fresher if you caught it yourself!
The steaks were cooked to perfection. It was probably one of the best dinners I've ever had - truely. We finished with flaming coffee drinks & carmel crepes flambe!! To die for!!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family and I went for lunch and were able to even choose our own table. We sat right in front of the lagoon and enjoyed the lobster. Life could not have been better.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was my birthday dinner choice. The restaurant was highly recommended by a friend as well as by others on TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed.
Even in Nov,, I would recommend reservations (we had them) as the restaurant was nearly full the entire time we were there.
We chose to sit outside with the lagoon view.
Service was excellent. I am not sure the "rank" of the various servers that we had; but they were all very good and a bit humorous.
All steaks on the menu are 13 oz or more. I cannot eat that much beef so I asked if they could fix me a smaller steak and they gladly accomodated me. (The charge was likewise adjusted).
We started with roquefort salads (similar to lettuce wedge salads). The server suggested we could split the plate as it was large. We elected to each have our own but if you order an appetizer, you might want to split this salad plate. It was delicious!
The steaks were cooked to order and served with grilled onions on the side. Even the onions were perfectly done - that isn't something I would normally eat with my steak either!
My husband ordered the potato souffle and when it was not what he was expecting, they offered to change it out for another side. I had creamed spinach and it was great.
We were too stuffed to consider dessert; but my husband had mentioned it was my birthday. They brought out a flan with "Happy Birthday" written on the plate AND with a lit candle! No singing - it is an upscale restaurant! The flan was probably the best I have ever had. So save room for dessert!
Recommended attire is "Smart Casual". However, there was a mix of attire - just nothing shabby.