Tripadvisor
Cancun
Post
Inbox
Search

“Rough Dinner & No Gluten Free Starch Options”
Review of Lorenzillo's

Lorenzillo's
Ranked #64 of 1,338 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The restaurant that holds taste, flavors, sensations, history, tradition, evolution and modernity all at the same time. Brilliant details at every turn only add to Lorenzillo's uniqueness. From the entrance one can admire the hand carved wooden pillars that elude to the crustacean that has come to be the favorite of its world-wide customers: the lobster.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The atmosphere is pleasant and the service was excellent and perhaps we should have ordered a shellfish dish, but my wife and I were in the mood for fish so we both ordered grouper prepared different ways,
I tried the broiled option. The fish did not appear to be seasoned and was really tasteless. The standard side on these dishes is a pasta, but I am gluten-free and unfortunately there was no potato or rice option as an alternate side. The waiter offered vegetables, which turned out to be a thinly sliced, oily quarter of a red pepper and a single broccoli floret. The only other thing on the plate were 3 rosets of a "spinach puree" which apparently is mashed spinach mixed with flour and squeezed through a pastry pipe bag. I couldn't eat these because of the flour but my wife tried them and said they had no taste.
She tried the grouper "lightly battered" and expected a nice crispy crust, but the crust was just a soggy coating. She did get the side of linguine with hers but took a few bites and left the rest as it just did not taste good.

1  Thank Bill_Sack
Saúl S, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Lorenzillo's, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear client,

Thank you very much for your comments,

We greatly regret your appreciation of our product. At Lorenzillo's we always strive to offer you the highest quality in all our products in order to offer the best gastronomic experience.
We appreciate your comments and take your feedback into account.

Yours sincerely,

Write a reviewReviews (5,129)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I ate here because she loves seafood. I rarely eat seafood. She had been here before and LOVED the crab claws so we went back so that I could experience them with here. Since I have NO basis for judgement not having every eaten crab claws before, I have to take her word for it that they were very good...or as she said, some of the best she has ever had. I did love the atmosphere as we sat outside on the deck. Service was great and friendly. We also both got a table side Caesar salad and it too was great.

Date of visit: January 2020
Saúl S, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Lorenzillo's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Specially from a not lover seafood ! We are so happy about that!

We love to read such incredible comments and know that our excellence service is paying off.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We made reservations for 6:30. We had a beautiful view. I was happy there was not really a breeze so it wasn’t as chilly, but I still wore leggings and a sweater. We got the scallops as an appetizer and split a live lobster (broiled). The food was amazing and the wait staff were wonderful. After our meal, a group of waiters came to sing me happy birthday. What a way to make a girl feel special! Thank you for everything! We’ll definitely be back.

Dear client,

We hope to see you soon !!!!

Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place is so very classy and so awesome to be at. I love sitting outside on the terrace for Lobster dinner that you can hand pick right out of the tank, then sit back and enjoy watching the crocodiles swim by with every savouring mouthful. I had a 3lb Lobster this time for my birthday...it’s expensive but we’ll worth it...service and atmosphere and quality of seafood are second to none ....... heaven

Dear Mr. Darren

Thank you very much! We are so glad to read your opinion.We are pleased to know that we have fulfilled our mission of exceed the expectations of our customers and make your taste buds fall in love with our dishes, you can be sure that on your next visit will receive the same excellent service we love to offer.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was our second time at Lorenzillo’s, and it was as fantastic as it was the first time! GREAT food, AMAZING atmosphere, BEAUTIFUL building and IMPECCABLE service! Each member of my family thoroughly enjoyed it!! We WILL return!

Dear client,

Thank you for the 5 stars! We're glad to know you lived a unique experience with us, comments like yours really motivate us to keep on!

Hope to see you soon.