“Very Convenient to Airport - Exactly what you would expect from a Courtyard”

Courtyard Cancun Airport
Ranked #60 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very Convenient to Airport - Exactly what you would expect from a Courtyard”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Very Convenient to Airport - Exactly what you would expect from a Courtyard. Clean rooms, free shuttle to and from hotel. They have a nice pool and staff that is very accommodating and friendly.

Also, the hotel is very secure with a security booth at the entrance verifying everyone as they arrive, if you have a car the parking is very secure and safe.

I would definitely recommend especially for people that need to stay close to airport for a night or two before flying out or into Cancun.

Room Tip: I've stayed at this hotel and all rooms seem to be equal - I usually ask for a room further away...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Lydia G, Gerente at Courtyard Cancun Airport, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear John from Saint Louis,

I was very pleased to learn of your satisfaction about our facilities and attentive service as well as the security of our Hotel.

You are correct when mentioning that due to our location close to the airport we are a very good option for early flights in and out of Cancun. However, due to our rates as well, we are a convenient hotel for longer stays. We do have a beautiful Beach Club and provide scheduled complimentary shuttle service there, as well, for our guests´convenience.

Thank you for sharing with us your experience and look forward to welcoming you back in a future occasion.

Lydia Garcia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We had a change with our airline and they put us up in Cancun for a night. I was very impressed with the whole property. Very nice pool and clean rooms. The breakfast in the morning was great and they allowed us to have a late checkout at 2:00 PM. Enjoyed our one night very much. Would recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Darren,

I am glad we were able to be of service to you when the airline company had a last minute change in your travelling schedule. Also very pleased that the beauty of the garden and pool, the room and the food at the restaurant, were enjoyed by you.

It is actually our Hotel Mission, To be an Oasis to Stranded Passengers. We are very happy to learn, that it was accomplished.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience it with us and publicy thru this important Site.

Virginia
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights before flying out. The previous week was spent at a resort in the hotel zone along with one night at Hotel Ok'aan. We were a bit apprehensive, but this hotel is a gem. It is conveniently located with punctual and regular shuttle service. The hotel is tastefully decorated and the grounds/hotel interior are very clean. The restaurant had a nice variety of food nicely presented with excellent service. Our only drawback was some of the guests were a bit loud by the bar, but the restaurant staff was sensitive to seat us away from it. Highly recommend it---would be very easy to base your entire vacation out of this hotel if you were planning to visit various excursions/sites versus beachfront.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Beth S
Dear Beth,

Your kind comment about our services and the hotel itself, being a gem is very motivating to everyone who is part of our Team at this beautiful Courtyard in Cancun.

You are correct, our guests can base a longer and entire vacation out of our premises. The rates are very convenient and eventhough our location is not oceanfront, we do have a Beach Club and provide complimentary scheduled round transportation over there, as well.

Thank you very much for your valuable review, we do look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future visit to Cancún.

L.A.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Recently spent one night at this property after a late night arrival in Cancun. Since we were staying at an all-inclusive for a week, I saw no advantage in paying hi dollar for an extra night(late night arrival) at the all-inclusive resort and stayed at the Courtyard instead. I feel their pricing is very fair and we were able to use the airport shuttle service they provided. The staff were very cordial and was checked in quickly and given a nice room. Bed was very comfortable and A/C system works great. Nothing much close by so we had dinner at the hotel restaurant and was typical Mexican cuisine and not overly priced as some hotel restaurants can be. The décor at this hotel is average but is very clean so I really recommend this location when needing an overnight stay flying into or out of Cancun. Overall I gave this hotel 3* because there was not enough extra amenities or ambience to justify a 4* rating but is really a good solid 3+ I would love to stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve-JL.a.
Lydia G, Gerente at Courtyard Cancun Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Steve JL,

´Thank you for sharing thru Tripadvisor, your good review of the pleasant stay you had at our Hotel.
You are correct, the room rates, installations, the cordial service, complimentary shuttle and tasty mexican food make us a very convenient option to service the airport and passengers in transit to the Riviwera Maya, Isla Mujeres, Cozumel, etc. I would also like to mention that we do have a beach club and provide round scheduled transportation over there, as well.

We will also love to welcome you back and be of service to you in a future trip to this beautiful part of the World.

Sincerely

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for two nights about a month ago. When I got to the front desk, the gentleman informed me that there was room and gave me a price. I agreed and went for my luggage. By the time I came back, the price had gone up by U$50.00 per night. I checked the price online and he had just jacked up the price by 50 bucks. I informed him I was not very happy and he told me he had made a mistake...sure! Upon leaving, I noticed my vehicle full of white paint. The hotel had a new coat of paint and they never told me to move my vehicle. Thank you Marriott but never again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Jean-Paul C
Lydia G, Gerente at Courtyard Cancun Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Jean Paul,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience you are describing regarding the situation that arouse at our hotel, during your check-in process. If the front desk clerk had made a mistake in the quotation, it should had been honoured.

Please provide us with the information of your stay and name and we will gladly review it, as well as the white paint stains in your car. Refer the data to front.desk@courtyardcancun.com

Thank you for your valuable feedback, we look forward to the pleasure of having another opportunity to serve you better, in the future.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We arrived in Cancun late in the afternoon, and the car rental took HOURS. We needed a close-by airport motel. This one is excellent for the purpose. I loved the grounds, the pool, the location... BUT...

I gave it only one star, because I paid with AMEX credit card, and the check-in clerk stole my credit card number and used it to order car parts and fandango tickets. I had a whopping AMEX bill of over $850 on my card upon my return to the States one week later. This is the ONLY hotel in which I used that AMEX card in all of Mexico, so I know it was the Cancun Marriott. My advice to you: stay there, but pay with cash.

Room Tip: Be sure to pay cash.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Susan S
Dear Susan S.,

I am glad you found our hotel excellent and loved the grounds, the pool and location, during your stay.
In regards to the comment about your AMEXCO credit card, please do provide us with more information on the charge of US$850 that you are assuming it was originated at our hotel. So far, we do not show any dispute, report or claim either from you or AMEXCO of such nature in our records. Also I would like to mention that the Marriott Security standards in our system, encrypt all credit card numbers to unable any abuse of the kind.

Please refer the details of your stay and the incident to: lydia.garcia@courtyardcancun.com

Be sure that I will thorougly investigate it. It is of utmost importance for us to clarify the report to our both entire satisfaction. Thank you for your input.

Isla Holbox Quintana Roo
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Not a Beach Destination resort, but if you need a Great place to stay before an early flight etc LOOK no further. The Normal GREAT MARRIOTT Quality. Staff is Outstanding. Returning I'm greeted by name and its CONSISTANT QUALITY!

Rooms perfect 5 PILLOWS on the KingSize bed! FREE WI-FI (A rarity in Overpriced Cancun Hotel Zone) Fabulous restaurant including their FAMOUS POZOLE Brunch on Thursdays!

Great relaxing POOL & JACUZZI....+ FREE Airport Shuttles!

Always a treat to stay here!

Room Tip: ALL are great!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Whale Shark D
Lydia G, Gerente at Courtyard Cancun Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear Whaleshark,

Your review of our Hotel with Marriott standards and specially about the quality of the service was very motivating to all of us, who are part of the Team at the Courtyard Cancun Airport.

The Chef was also pleased with your comment about the Pozole Buffet on Thursdays, glad to know that you enjoy the traditional authentic mexican food.

Thank you very much and look forward to welcome you back in your next visit to Cancun.