“Good choice for a night or two”

Courtyard Cancun Airport
Ranked #65 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed here on 9/25 for one night because our flight got cancelled. The proximity to the airport makes it very convenient....only a 5 minute drive. The fact that they have a courtesy van is also a plus. Check-in at the front desk was quick. There was a large vat of water with lemon and ice for you in the lobby as well as a comfortable sitting area. Complimentary wifi was also a big plus and for the life of me I cannot understand why some of the fancy all-inclusive resorts still charge for this.

The room was very clean and well appointed with a desk and chair. They will give you one bottle of water for free and the second bottle that is there will cost you about $1.30 USD. Water for the shower was always hot and plentiful. There is a laundry room there with two washers and dryers if you got stuck an extra day like us and needed to wash your clothes. It cost $5 USD for the tokens.

We never ate at the restaurant because we didn't get the all-inclusive plan. The food smelled good though and there were several people eating there every time we walked by. The prices were rather high in my opinion, so we walked about a half mile to a convenience store to purchase snacks. The pool area was nice but ask dusk approaches prepare for mosquitoes since there is no ocean breeze here to keep them away.

Basically what you have here is a no-frills place to stay a night or two. Clean rooms and convenient location are the biggest advantages to staying here.

2  Thank cherokeecruiser

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Hotel is very clean, modern, and well staffed. Free airport shuttle was excellent and good value, given the price of taxis and other shuttle services. The breakfast buffet was very good with attentive service. Room service was slow, and we had a mix-up with our order, which was the only disappointment. They were apologetic.

The bed was very comfortable, modern, with very clean bathroom and lots of hot water and good water pressure. The bath products were Paul Mitchell. The room was very quiet.

Overall excellent value and convenient. Not sure what others complain about.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

There are not too many choices but this is #1 !!!!! Truly Great Staff! Every time I return I'm greeted by name. Very Close & Convenient especially if you've got an Early morning Flight or Arrive late from the Airport. Its The Choice by all the Major Airlines for their crews. Beds Excellent! Food Outstanding especially their Special Pozole Jueves (Thursday) where their Chefs Create the Best Red/Green or White Pozole this side of Guerero.

The Morning Breakfast Buffet is First Class! Room service Fast & Good! The Arrachera Flank Steak is always MY Favorite!

Airport Shuttle offers shuttles every 30 minutes starting @ 500am thru 1000pm QUIK FAST Pickups from any Cancun Terminal

DAVID Front Desk Mgr a "REAL PRO" & his staff always there to help! The Bellmen are great!

Its just a FIRST CLASS OPERATION from A to Z! Og yes the Jacuzzi is great on Sore Muscles!

Room Tip: All Great 5 Pillows on each BED!!!!! Big Screen TV's with FOX NEWS Fast WI-FI
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We missed out flight out of Cancun and booked the Marriott for the proximity and airport shuttle. This was a great hotel with very nice ammenties. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms spacious. The restaurant was reasonably priced and the food was good. The Lime Pie is not to be missed. We travel south of Cancun regularly and I had always shyed away from overnighting in Cancun, Not anymore!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UtahBrowntrout
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed here twice, prior to a flight out of Cancun. Hotel is very clean, & well staffed. Restaurant was very good, had a bit of difficulty ordering gluten free food, but it worked out, and I had two very nice dinners gluten free. Beds were very comfortable, rooms were well laid out and lots of hot water. If we need a layover hotel prior to a flight this would be our first choice

1  Thank ES727
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night before flying back home the next day... Not impressed .. The hotel has a huge problem there is dehumidifiers everywhere and our room smelled very musty and moldy. I woke up this morning coughing and congested not to mention it was hard to sleep with such a terrible stench. The lobby of the hotel is nice and most of the workers helpful but we will not be returning to a place where I couldn't even feel comfortable in my own room

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The hotel is located just outside the Cancun Airport. So for those that are not staying in the immediate area it may seem like a good option, but there are some real problems here. The hotel has a moisture problem. I noticed dehumidifiers on each floor. I was on the fourth floor and I did know why they had them going. It rained that night too, but the really issue is that there is mold. I went to the restaurant in the lobby of the hotel for dinner. I was so congested after an hour and half. I went to my room and it was the same. I turned off the air and in a few hours my congestion was gone but the room was to hot to stay in with out the air on. The windows don't open. The rooms are very dark and so I had to turn on all the lights just to get a feeling of well being as did my colleagues. I returned from dinner to take a shower and there were no towels. I called the front desk and waited. I called again after 40 minutes and then after a another 20 minutes. I feel asleep. The next morning I had to leave very early and so I called the front desk and the towels arrived immediately. The mattress was worn on both sides. I had to sleep in the middle of the bed. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Aleceia B
Lydia G, Gerente at Courtyard Cancun Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Ms. Aleceia B.

It was with dismay that I learned of your unpleasant experience at our hotel due to the humidity as well as with the inconsistent supply of towels in your room. Please accept our apologies and our assurance that we have taken measures to prevent such occurrence.

Thank you very much for your input, it is very useful to us. It is allowing us to address our opportunities.

In case you accept to give us the opportunity to serve you better, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. My email is lydia.garcia@courtyardcancun.com