“Well worth the stay”

Ranked #56 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Anaheim, California
“Well worth the stay”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed here as we had a week worth of points to use up and most of the hotels on the beach would put our vacation over for what we had planned. It was well worth it, affordable, location is pretty good for being an "airport" hotel. It is clean, quiet, comfortable, pool was pretty good (though too much chlorine and mosquitos loved the greenery). I'd recommend though to commute to the beach every day I'll probably just stay in the hotel next time.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Perris, California
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were worried at first when we arrived in Cancun and Courtyard did not answer our call for the airport shuttle. But within a few minutes, they responded and collected us from the airport. Check-in was quick and easy, with a gorgeous lobby and helpful employees. Lightning fast Wi-Fi in all the hotel. The restaurant may have some pricey food but it was very tasty, lots of variety. Our hostess was Flor, she was very kind and thoughtful. If you are looking for somewhere close to the airport, I highly suggest the beautiful Courtyard.

• Stayed August 2013
ALBFER, Manager at Courtyard Cancun Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear JR:

Thank you for your kind email. We really appreciate your comments, and we are glad to learn that your stay with us was as you expected.

Also I would to let you know that we will share your words within our staff, which will be very happy to receive your compliments.

Once again thank you for your comments and we will love to see you back in Cancun.

Have a great week!

Lydia Garcia
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Booked two rooms for our family as we were flying out early the next morning and wanted to be close to the airport. The free transfers from the hotel to the airport are every half hour starting at 5:00am, and it is a short 5-minute ride to the terminal.

Checked in and headed to the restaurant for a good meal served by an extremely friendly and professional waiter. Then relaxed a bit before heading to the pool, checking out and turning in towels at the front desk. Rooms were great, typical Marriott excellence, and we slept well before getting up early to depart for the airport.

Outstanding stay at the end of a long vacation was a refreshing way to face the travel home. Would recommend this hotel to anyone, particularly the night before needing to catch a flight out the next morning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris P
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We only stayed here one night and had a great night sleep (after a nightmare week in Akumal). The hotel is very close to the airport with free shuttle service.
The rooms were comfortable along with a comfy bed, refrigerator, coffee maker & nice size bathroom.
We ate dinner at the restaurant and it was good. The hotel has a pool & you feel like you are in the tropics (street out front is very busy).
I will defiantly stay here the next time I have an early flight or need to escape another resort or condo.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, England
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I normally don't choose to stay in an airport hotel unless circumstances mean I have to, this was the case with this hotel. My flight had been cancelled and it was late. Check in was quick, reception is pretty big with a bar and restaurant at one end and then a business centre back up near the entrance. The room was pretty decent, standard hotel chain room. Everything was clean and the bathroom was big. Aircon gave the place a bit of a musty smell. Breakfast was extensive and very good. What I liked most about this place and what would possibly make me stay again are the extensive gardens and the pool area. They were so relaxing and quiet and I really enjoyed my time chilling out by the pool with a nice glass of vino. I usually stay in downtown Cancun where I don't have access to a pool. Next time I'm in Cancun I would consider booking this place just so I can chill by the pool again. So peaceful and quiet with birds chirping in the trees overhead.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Tajine
Curitiba, PR
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is the second time we were at Marriot, as always, great service, clean rooms, reasonable prices and very close to the airport. The transfer from/to Airport Hotel is free.
TIP. They have a Beach Club now. that is a deal with the Omni hotel in which a van takes you in the morning to Omni htl on the Zona Hoteleira where you can go to the beach and use Omni's facilities and in late afternoon a pick's you back.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Stanford, California
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was in Cancun for business and stayed at the Marriott the first night because it was close to the airport and I was arriving rather late at night.

Turned out, it's a great hotel. Nice, large rooms with comfy beds and big bathrooms. Strong wifi signal all over the hotel. A great pool which I used every day to swim laps before work. And their breakfast has made to order eggs and quesadillas, including flor de calabaza and huitlacoche, which is awesome.

The staff are helpful, the hotel is easy to deal with and I thought the price was right. If I am back in Cancun for business, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business