4,180 results
All reviews white box grand oasis la bamba maki tequila lounge taco kids club sushi bar dos lunas oasis hotels pirate ship family resort captain hook beach waiter lower floor wet bar circus show
Reviewed April 17, 2017

We visited the Grand Oasis Palm as it was a sister property to our Lifestyles Holiday Vacation Club. However, the contract had ended in January 2017 and we were not informed which may have somewhat impacted our experience.

To start, it took 1.5 hours to get us registered (we were 5 couples) and they assigned us a new employee who was in training (which they told us as the experienced staff member walked away). We were not offered any beverages and only after one hour did someone experienced help out.

The hotel is clean, and the staff are friendly. As you may have read, the hotel only has two small elevators and typically they are full of people with children and pool toys. I wear a leg brace and many times had to walk up the stairs because of the extended wait for the elevator.

Our room was lovely, however we had two doubles pushed together and they were made up as separate beds, I would have expected that they would make up the bed as one to accommodate a couple, or why bother pushing them together.

Music was played loudly every night until 11pm on the beach which was below our windows, and we had paid extra for the best rooms.

Always a problem getting chairs or beds on the beach or by the pool. They have a pool that is named the "quiet pool", however it was never quiet and full of children.

I have been to the Mayan many times, first time to Cancun and this hotel ensured that I would not stay in the Cancun again.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
OasisHotelResorts, Director General at Grand Oasis Palm, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2017

Estimada Sandra,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your stay at our resort. We offer our sincere apologies that your time spent with us did not meet all your expectations. We would like to inform you that all your comments and opinions are considered in order to improve our service. It is important to highlight that every time you have a setback at the hotel you can contact our customer service staff to notify them so they can correct the situation. We hope you give us the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future and if there is anything you need please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed April 16, 2017

I booked the hotel with a travel agency and they recommended the hotel. at first time i went to the website and of course, i saw beautiful pics and seemed well. Nevertheless i arrived to destination and the hotel is very old, no rebuilding aparentely and the worst, no clean. You go to rooms and see the humidity at the bathroom everywhere. the glass was greasy and dirty.

Besides the beds looked old ;(

However the people at hotel were so friendly and kind, the food was good and pools and sea, confortable.

Please, wifi for free. it is stupid pay 5 usd for 30 mins. it's a basic service.

Room Tip: bathrooms are old and dirty
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank hiroyuki t

Dear Hiroyuki,

Thank you for choosing us as the host of your stay in Cancun and for taking the time to give your thoughts on your stay with us.

In regards to the lack of cleanness in your room we will pass this information on to our Housekeeping department so that they can mend this situation. Once they are cleaned, rooms are checked by supervisors to make sure they meet our high standards. We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed April 15, 2017 via mobile

Me and my fiancé went here last week for 10 nights and what an awesome experience. Great hotel, great room, great food and great people.
Couldn't have asked for more friendly and helpful staff and there are a nice selection of activities to do in and near the hotel.
Wether your going as a couple or a large family holiday this hotel is perfect.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scrags1

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our concept and our calm and relaxed environment.

We greatly appreciate the special mention of our team who helped make your stay more pleasant.

Thank you for your observations and comments, we will definitely consider them as areas of opportunity to continue providing the best service possible to all our distinguished guests.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 14, 2017 via mobile

My family (myself, husband, 3 children 8-15) visited this resort for 7days, here's my summary.

We arrived around noon, and we're given our room early which was great since check in isn't until 3. We were assigned to a room in the grand area of the resort on he second floor. Now what everyone says about the elevators is true, they are SMALL, max load is 7 people, the few times I used them though it wasn't a crazy long wait like others are saying. Now we were only on the second floor so we mostly walked up but the 2nd floor is 6 flights of many many stairs so even walking up the second floor can be a challenge for some. My youngest son has asthma so it was a challenge for him especially in the heat, so the next morning we asked the manager (can't remember his name edwardo maybe?) if he could move us to ground level, he did this immediately, without hesitation (thank you!!) we did ask when we got there about a balcony room and they said they don't like to give balcony rooms to family's with children, and they are more for couples (understandable) both rooms we were in were great, clean and roomy. Our ground floor room had an outdoor terrace with 2 lounge chairs. We were basically right beside the pool and the noise didn't bother us one bit.

This resort is SO great for kids there are endless things to keep the kids busy and entertained, the kids pools, daily activities, the hilarious entertainment staff, the balloon artist, face painting, and the AMAZING kids club, my boys never wanted to leave!

Food is good, we only ate at the buffets as we have picky eaters, food at the snack bar and room service food we're both delicious. Drinks were also very good. We never found a long wait for anything and the resort was packed!

My daughter and I both had spa services done I had a 50 min massage, facial and pedicure, my daughter had a massage as well and it was heavenly! Prices are fair, about what if pay at home, kids and teens have separate therapies as well. Hector and yari were our therapists and I highly recommend both! My boys did the fish spa and loved it !

All the shows were very entertaining and well done!

We had family photos and photos with various animals done and they turned out beautiful, highly recommend the photographers at the resort.

I see a lot of people asking about the pirate ship, so here's how it works, an afternoon very scaled down version is included at this resort (no pirate fighting etc) you get drinks and a snack included and it's a lot of fun, we didn't do the nighttime version but it looked great

My one "warning", in the evening they set up a little market where you can buy various souvenirs etc, obviously the vendors are trying to make a living and they want you to barter with them, we bought many things from them, most we new we were paying over price for but we were ok with it because as I said these people are trying to make a livening. A lot of the things I bout I was told we're "hand made by my family" etc which made me ok with the prices as well. Well, let me tell you, when we got to the airport, turns out, almost everything we bout was sold there for probably 1/8th of what we paid, so my advice is barter them down a lot lower then they are asking! They are asking at least 4-5x what you will pay at the airport so keep that in mind.

Overall, I highly recommend this resort, great service everywhere, clean, safe, and fun! Would definitely come back!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Shylo C

Dear Shylo,

We are pleased your stay with us has motivated you to share such a great review about our hotel. Thank you for highlighting the qualities that made your stay unforgettable. We are glad you enjoyed the restaurants, facilities, entertainment and personalized service we offer. Our staff works hard to satisfy our guests so that they have amazing experiences.
We hope to have the honor of welcoming you once again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 14, 2017

Everything was top notch. Yes the elevators were small and only two of them but only once did I not get on. They were fine. The room was great and the beach was nice and clean. The restaurants were fabulous. We ate at a different place most times, covering all 17 restaurants. Careyes is a must. I felt like I was on a dream date. Yes you need to make reservations but it was very easy and it was not crowded. Labamba was superb as was Losagave. I ate a different seafood every night. If you don't like seafood there are plenty of other choices. We had our 2 and 4 year old grandchildren with us and their parents. They could not get enough swimming and sand castle building and hammock swinging. They were busy every minute. I felt it was a very safe place for them. I did not see any college parties but maybe it was because it was the end of March. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family

Dear Grandma,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your vacations in our hotel and we are delighted to have met your expectations.

We are glad you and your grandkids enjoyed our daily shows and activities since we work really hard to keep our guests entertained and make sure they have an amazing time with us.

We hope to see you soon again, best regards.