“You get what you pay for=great service”
Review of Grand Oasis Palm

Grand Oasis Palm
Ranked #48 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I just decided to make a tour to Cancun because it was on trips list. I chose this hotel because it looked really good for the price I got. They treated me very polite since the moment I got out my transportation from the airport.
They had my reservation on the system, I had no problem with that (it has happened to me before).
I supposed to have my room at 3 o'clock but they gave it to me 2 hours before, which was awesome. I received a very warm welcome from one of the supervisors or something like that, which made me feel pretty good.
All the restaurants were really good, they had different kind of food for all matter of taste.
The pools were clean, the beach was good!
Overall it was awesome. Totally recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (3,599)

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Good:

Very reasonably priced.

Elizabeth at the Tequila Bar is absolutely fabulous. Loved her!!

The Entertainment staff does a great job at the pool.

The rooms are fairly nice and clean but nothing remarkable.

Plenty of chairs on the beach on Grand side.

The bad:

Restaurant reservation policy is ridiculous. You are required to go to concierge at 7 am and stand in line daily if you want to have dinner anywhere other than buffet. I also noticed very few people actually having dinner in the restaurants so I suspect they accept very limited reservations.

Service was hit and miss. At some meals it was ok. Other times we ended up serving ourselves drinks at dinner and on beach.

Beach is not great. Pool is overcrowded.

Snack bar food is barely edible and always a long line. Probably because people are tired of the buffet food. And no guacamole!

Housekeeping was ok but did skip our room entirely one day.

No A/C in lobby or restauarants. Crazy!

Small crowded elevators with long waits.

Limits on mini bar items. All inclusive should mean ALL inclusive.

Overall because I felt the price was right and I felt I knew what to expect from reading other reviews I was ok with the resort but if you are looking for a 5 star Cancun experience this is absolutely the wrong choice.

• Stayed: August 2013
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Palm, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Dorieanne:

We are truly sorry for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience; this helps us know our areas of opportunity so we can provide better services to all of our guests.We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the future to enhance your experience and perception of the Hotel.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I recently stayed at The Grand Oasis in Cancun. It was a typical hotel and resort. What made the Hotel so special and what will make me come back every time I m in Cancun was the Concierge service, specifically the service from Ari Cotero (I hope I am spelling that correctly). His attention to detail, his listening to what MY FAMILY wanted, and his above and beyond attitude have not been surpassed in all of my years of traveling. I have been traveling for 35 years. THANK YOU Grand Oasis and Ari for helping to make my trip so unforgettable!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We travel to Cancun 4 or 5 times a year, but our recent stay at the Grand Oasis Palm was the best hotel stay we have EVER had! Concierge Ari Cortero was more like a personal assistant! Arranging fairly complicated transportation to and from our local friends home was greatly appreciated. But his knowledge of the Cancun area; tips on local hotspots; yummy restaurants;and his follow up to find out what we like and didn't like was above-and-beyond. He even called to check on my husband who to see if his sunburn was healing! Plus where else are you going to find someone who speaks English, Spanish, and French!?!!! His introduction to sweet Elizabeth in the Tequila lounge topped the evenings off with perfection! We have stayed at many places but we will come back just to see Ari again!

Room Tip: Need ANYTHING? See Ari Cortero at the concierge desk.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Kailissa:

We greatly appreciate the special mention of those members of our team who helped make your stay more pleasant. We will surely congratulate them for their great job.
They work hard for our guests to remember their experience at our hotel with a huge smile.

We are delighted you enjoyed our calm and relax atmosphere, and glad you had a pleasant vacation overall.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I came over last june and spent a weekend in this hotel. Very nice and comfortable. Relaxed atmosphere and helpful staff. The location is great, I enjoyed a relaxing weekend at the swimming pool.
A warm welcome at the front desk, the stay continued nice and friendly as i interacted with the concierge staff (Ari and Marlene were always ready to help).
I highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Atención C, PR at Grand Oasis Palm, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Guest:

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Cancun.
We are glad you liked and enjoyed our facilities and restaurants, as well of the activities and the entertainment.
It was a pleasure to have your family and you as guests, we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Anyone considering vacationing in Cancun should definitely consider the Grand Oasis Palm. This is my third time to Cancun but my first time to the Grand Oasis. All I can say is Wow! The rooms are amazing, the food is exquisite and the staff is so helpful. Ari Cotero at the concierge desk went above and beyond for my wife and I. He was the icing on the cake. I will definitely be coming back here again!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jim:

Thank you for your kind comments. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your vacations in our hotel and we are delighted to have met your expectations.
We are glad you enjoyed our daily shows and activities since we work really hard to keep our guests entertained and make sure they have an amazing time with us.
We hope to see you again on your next visit to Cancun.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel was allways preapared for every circumstances, Grand Oasis Palm also had a great variety pf restaurants, available from breakfast till dinner. Grand Oasis Palm is a perfect experience for a good family, till a stay alone.

• Stayed: August 2013
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Palm, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Pedro:

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your vacations in our hotel and that you received a great service. It is very pleasant for us to know that you had a great time and a wonderful vacation.

We look forward to see you again soon.