“Goos value option”
Review of Grand Oasis Palm

Grand Oasis Palm
Ranked #47 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Great option for the price, well located, good restaurants, good food, good drinks. Kids love it. Great circus show

You can use both hotels if you stay in the grand oasis. Very good family option and at good price

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank GaroTorres
There are newer reviews for Grand Oasis Palm

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We were there in July 2012. We have in our group 4 adults and 4 children ages 7 - 11. We had a great time at this hotel. Staffs were very friendly and helpful. At first I was a little concern about the front desk staffs from reading others' review online but my experience was totally different. Front desk staffs were very helpful in giving us good advices on everything we asked. The food in all the restaurants at the hotel were average; some are very good and other were okay...It's all in your taste. We were fine with the foods and drinks the whole time we were there. The beach was okay, I've seen better. Lots of seaweeds growing there so the water looks brown instead of blue; water was very shallow and no waves so it's not that fun. Our children decided that they like the pools better. We took a day pass to go to their sister hotel, Grand Oasis Cancun (about 15 minutes bus ride) and the beach here was so beautiful; it's everything that I imagine the beach should be...white sand, blue water, waves .... you name it... if we ever go back to Cancun for a trip, we would definitely stay at the Grand Oasis Cancun instead of the Grand Oasis Palm. We also took a trip to Xel-Ha and it was one of the highlight of our trip. I would recommend Xel-Ha for family with young children. While we stayed at the Oasis Palm, we also did the dinner and a show on Captain Hook Pirate Ship (5 minutes walk from our hotel). The dinner and show was great fun too ..highly recommended for all ages.

Room Tip: If booking the Captain Hook dinner and show, ask about it at the hotel (we booked ours through the c...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brenda N
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I took my family of three to Cancun for the first time booked via cheapcarribbean.com. The nominal booking cost is $307 a night...but I hope no one actually pays the full price. The all-inclusive resort offers plenty of drinks and food choices, and the pool areas are very accommodating. If you have babies to entertain, a budget to keep, and are willing to sacrifice on the quality of the beach area for the convenience of closely placed facilities for the usual circuit (bar, restaurant, pool, bar...), this well-established resort (i.e.: old) will workout for you.

The gotchas:

1. Its the first time I see pool facility throw a bucket of solid chlorine into the pool while everyone was soaking in it. Of course, everyone got out immediately to avoid their swimsuit from dissolving.

2. kid's club is only good for 4 and up. They won't take responsibility for younger kids.

3. as in most dealings in Mexico, you need to tip and ask when you want room service that are needed repeatedly to be done right.

4. the beach area is definitely not pristine. Lots of weeds, and beach care is not well done. beach chairs are hard to come by. crowded.

5  Thank NvrWhere
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I wish I would of spent more money and booked elsewhere. The food is absolutely awful, Hometown Buffet has better food. The beach is crowded and the ocean is literally covered in algae. Seems like many food places opened late and closed early. This resort seems to cater mostly to locals, I felt like I was trapped at the Main Place Mall for a week. Activities are a joke. The beach is on a Marina, no waves.
Now for the bad :
On one night i woke up in the middle of the night to find my room door open. On that particular night we did use the dead bolt lock on the door, we forgot to do so. The door was shut when we went to bed. It scared me tremendously to find the door opened in the middle of the night. I immediately did a head count of my children. Thank God they were all sleeping and in place. With in seconds the phone rings, my teenage daughter answered it and hanged me the receiver. My first thought was that we were being evacuated because of hurricane Ernesto...wrong....completey wrong. A man with a deep voice informed me that he had been in my room watching me sleep and that he had masturbated doing so. We found semen on the floor of the room.
Management switched us to another room and informed us only hotel employees can make calls to rooms. Apparently guests cannot make calls to other guests. Management had a shocked looked and stated they would investigate. In America the authorities would of immediately been notified, but not in Mexico. We are still mortified, appalled, and disgusted.
Email me if you have any questions.
Please do not go to this resort.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
15  Thank V M
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My family and I were there 7/29 - 8/2 and ended up very satisfied with the place. Check in was fast, a drawback was that I was promised an ocean-view room and I was not given one and the front desk people was not too motivated to make me happy. Another negative factor was that elevators were too small and always had to wait a while for one or use the stairs. They have to do something about that. Other than that, everything else was an excellent experience. The food was excellent (best part of the resort), service at the restaurants was good, entertainment was good, rooms were clean and staff was friendly. Not too thrilled about the beach there, too calm. Visit the restaurant "Aires del Norte" for dinner; it was one of my best (steak) meals while we were there. "La Bamba" is also good, but highly over rated, usually booked by 8:00am.

Room Tip: 6th floor at the grand oasis was pretty quiet.
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Beach full of algea and no restrooms near beach area. Hotel runs out of beach towels and no help when towels stolen from lounge. Their solution was to take towels from other unsuspecting guests which I consider criminal since guests are charged if they do not return towels. Elevators are very tiny and slow when operable - definitely not sufficient for number of guests in hotel. Basically found myself going to adjacent sister hotel for drinks and food most of the time which was a great inconvenince.

Room Tip: No balconies on most rooms.
2  Thank Ralph P
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I booked an all inclusive for the weekend of the 29th of July,2012 through cheap caribbean.com. I chose this resort because trip advisor had good reviews!!! What a mistake!! When we arrived they gave us a room key, I didn't even have to show ID???? The room key was for someone else's room, when I opened the door their stuff was all in the room, how embarrassing! Also not very secure and safe if they give out keys to other guests rooms! Went back down to the lobby (by the way only 2 elevators for all these guests is crazy, we used stairs most of the time!) We told them at the lobby they gave us access to someone else's room, they shrugged it off like no big deal and gave us another room key, went back up to the 6th floor (no air conditioning in the halls, elevators or restaurants by the way!!!), when we got to our 2nd room, they key was not working to open the door, so here we go again, all the way back down after wasting an hour going back and forth to the lobby. 3rd time, they gave us keys that worked, they upgraded our room to an ocean view, which we didn't care what room we had cause we weren't planning on being in the room much anyway! Also, I called this hotel prior to purchasing the all inclusive to ask what the hours were for bars and pools etc and was told 10pm for pool and midnight for bars, THIS AGAIN WAS WRONG!!! POOLS CLOSE AT 8PM AND BARS CLOSE AT 10PM! The lobby bar is open till 1am and that's it! For a Saturday night I thought everything closed way too early!! Also, when we went to eat at the buffet they told my 11 year old son to change his shirt (he was wearing a muscle shirt), he had to go up to the room and change into a t-shirt to eat there, yet girls were practically naked and eating in the same restaurant ! When I asked why this was, the waitress said girls can wear anything they want, boys have to wear shirts with sleeves!!!! HOLY!!! We even went over to sister hotel, but everything there closed early too!! We ordered room service which is open 24 hours but they do not have any drinks alcoholic or non alcoholic!!! THE ROOM SERVICE WE ORDERED WENT RIGHT INTO THE GARBAGE CAN, IT WAS SO BAD NONE OF US COULD EAT IT!!! This was our first all inclusive trip and it was so bad we will never go back there!!!

Room Tip: Get a room on lower levels because the elevator takes forever!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank angelamacd1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Smart Cancun by Oasis
Great Parnassus Family Resort
Grand Oasis Sens
Grand Oasis Sens
#87 of 176 in Cancun

Been to Grand Oasis Palm? Share your experiences!