“Awesome!”

$99.00*
Zipline Canopy Tour from Playa del Carmen
Ranked #1 of 279 Outdoor Activities in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: Selvatica, the Adventure Tribe, is the best thing to do in Cancun & the Riviera Maya if you're looking for fun in the jungle. This all-family adventure center offers various activities packaged together into different tours. Choose from the Extreme Canopy Adventure, the Off Road & Polaris Adventure, the ATV Jungle Adventure or the AMAZING FULL DAY Gimme All Adventure. The activities available at the park include our 12 cable Zip Line Circuit, the Tarzania Jungle Coaster, the Supflight, the Sky Walk Aerial-trek (bridges and high rope adventure), the Giant Jungle Bungee Swing, ATV's and Polaris RZR buggies, a Safari Truck Ride through the jungle, swim and play in a "cenote". All packages include transportation & lunc with non alcoholiv beverages
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 1, 2009

The Selvatica Canopy Tour was the best ever! It was my favorite thing that we did on our whole vacation! The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. And Ladies.....the men on the staff are Muy Caliente!! This tour is worth every penny. Be sure not to miss it on your visit to Cancun/Riviera Maya.

There are newer reviews for Selvatica

Reviewed May 1, 2009

We went on this tour and loved it. The employees were very nice and pretty cute too. :) There are two different options, one is the extreme and one is regular. The extreme is higher and faster, the regular is a little more mild. My husband is not a huge fan of heights so we did the regular and it was lots of fun. If they give you the option of going upside down, go for it, it's pretty cool! I would recommend this to anyone, there was a family with children in our group and they had a blast. I would recommend riding the bikes to the water hole, it's not that far but it's pretty fun. I'm not the greatest bike rider but I didn't have any problems.

1  Thank AGeary0825
Reviewed April 30, 2009

I went to Selvatica for the "Canopy Adventure Tour". It was one of the best parts of my vacation in Mexico. The guides were wonderful--friendly, funny, and experienced. The area itself is gorgeous. I would definitely go back again.

Reviewed April 29, 2009

On April 15, 2009, two families (8 of us total) participated in the Salvatica Extreme Adventure tour zip lining 82' above the jungle floor. We had a blast to say the least, and the staff was exceptional! I'm a 48 year old female who hung upside down while zipping to prove to my kids I'm not a whimp, and I'd do it again! All of us had a great time--the bike ride wasn't too long, the senote was incredibly refreshing, and the food prepared for us when we got back was terrific! I highly recommend this tour if you are looking for an excursion--it is well worth it! Thanks again to the staff for helping us make wonderful memories!

Reviewed April 29, 2009

Booked this only a couple of days earlier. They couldn't have been more helpful. Asked me when I wanted to do it, how flexible I was on times and then called me back within 10 minutes. Very helpful and great customer service.

Van turned up at the hotel on time to the minute. Being the first pick up, it took close on 1 hour and 40 minutes to make 3 other pickups and get to Selvatica. Once there it was all very efficient and friendly, and within 30 minutes we were all kitted up in our harnesses and safety gear, briefed, photographed with the parrots, and on our way up the first of 11 towers for the extreme zipline adventure. We had also signed up for the segway trip to and from the cenote.

The ziplines were great and attention to safety was always in evidence. This was coupled with an ever present professionalism, balanced with friendliness and addressing you by name by the half dozen or so guides who accompany you on the tour. The time seemed to "zip" by, but probably amounted to around 90 minutes or so, to traverse the 11 zip lines, departing and arriving back at the palapa (hut.) It has been said many times before, but the staff made the whole experience a great deal of fun, and seemed to have a genuine enjoyment and pride in what they were doing. This attitude became infectious and it wasn't long before even the most nervous of "zippees" had a broad grin on their faces. The few that appeared to be frowning were the ones that were upside down! A question of perspective.

After the last of the zip lines, it was time for a quick rest break and a change into bathing costumes, then it is on to the waterhole for a refreshishing dip/drop/dive, transported by either "army truck", or Segway. The latter is an optional extra, but well worth the $20 fee. There were only about 6 segways available so it is advisable to book one when you first arrive at the palapa, prior to the start of the zipline tour. Another enthusiastic and very professional guide (in our case it was Che) takes you along the 2 mile or so course, to catch up with the others in your group. At the cenote there is about 30-45 minutes to take a final half zipline for the drop into the cenote. If you prefer alternative means of entry, there is a ledge to jump or dive off, or a set of ladders/steps. The water was reasonably warm, and a refreshing conclusion to the zips and segways.

All too soon it was time to re-mount the segway and back to the palapa for a simple lunch of chicken/rice and beans with a bottle of water, or purchase of another beverage. During this time the DVD (available to purchase) was played and the photgraphs were all laid out.

There were boxes available for tips at the exit and reasonably subtle (and polite) signs in the bus, but none of the usual pushiness that is evident at many other attractions in and around Cancun. In fact the politeness, good manners, friendliness, and professionalism of all the staff at Selvatica made tipping a pleasure and something that was both earned and well deserved for a change.

Transport back to our hotel was pretty much the same route in reverse albeit a little quicker (Just over an hour.) What a great day out. I have been to Cancun many times and this is without doubt the most enjoyable and best run thing I have done there. Great customer service, excellent enthusiastic staff. An obvious commitment to safety while ensuring everybody has a lot of fun. This is the way an attraction should be run, and is a credit to all those involved in it.

If I had to level any criticism at all, it would be that a little more time would enhance the experience. I would have liked a bit more time swimming at the cenote, and I didn't have time to make any purchases at the end, before it was time to re-board the transport back to Cancun.

In summary, this is a fantastic half day out, and well worth the $90 cost (+$20 for the segways.) My son and I both rated it as the best thing we had done in ages, and I would have no hestitation in recommending selvatica to anyone. If you are nervous, or doubtful that you will enjoy it, don't be. These people will look after you well and go out of their way to ensure you have a great time.

1  Thank Jetdriver