“Awesome!!”

$99.00*
Zipline Canopy Tour from Playa del Carmen
Ranked #1 of 279 Outdoor Activities in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: Selvatica, the Adventure Tribe, is the best thing to do in Cancun & the Riviera Maya if you're looking for fun in the jungle. This all-family adventure center offers various activities packaged together into different tours. Choose from the Extreme Canopy Adventure, the Off Road & Polaris Adventure, the ATV Jungle Adventure or the AMAZING FULL DAY Gimme All Adventure. The activities available at the park include our 12 cable Zip Line Circuit, the Tarzania Jungle Coaster, the Supflight, the Sky Walk Aerial-trek (bridges and high rope adventure), the Giant Jungle Bungee Swing, ATV's and Polaris RZR buggies, a Safari Truck Ride through the jungle, swim and play in a "cenote". All packages include transportation & lunc with non alcoholiv beverages
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Me and my husband, Rocky, did the Corona Rally excursion. We did the 12 line zipline, rode in dune buggies and swam in the cenote. The excursion alone was awesome, but the staff made it amazing!!!! They are very good at their job and make it even more fun!! Shout out to Chuy, Carlos and Rasta!!! I would HIGHLY recommend this excursion!!!

There are newer reviews for Selvatica

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Let me start by saying that the staff were phenomenal and the zip lines were safe, exciting and fun. Everyone of the staff were friendly, helpful and outgoing. Based on their merits alone this rating would be five stars. From harnessing you up, to the training before you start, to helping those that were scared, to riding the zip lines with us so we could go upside down, they were all great.

However, Selvatica could have prepared us better with the info from their website and their brochure. They tell you to bring a bathing suit and a towel and some money for gift shop and pictures. They should tell you that they have free lockers, to bring a change of clothes, and give prices of things so you know how much money to bring.

1. They have free lockers, so bring a complete change of clothes, you will be soaked. (Everyone boarded their vans back to the hotel was soaking wet and uncomfortable!)

2. Bring at least a hundred bucks. They DO NOT allow cameras on the zip lines, rather, they take pictures and movies of you as you zip. At the end you are given an iPad to browse your pictures. My wife and I liked 2 or 3 of our pictures and were prepared to pay $20-30 for those we liked. Then they handed us the price list.....ALL OR NONE. You can pay $60 for all your digital photos, there were probably about 20 of my wife and I. But we could not select just a few and buy those. Most of the people we me at the zip lines had brought $20-30 with them, so no one bought their pictures, even those that wanted to. FYI, the movie was $40 and for both your photos and movie it was I think $90. Also, they ask you to tip your guides and they totally deserve every penny they make.

With the lack of preparing us making this rating a 4 star, the hotel pick up made this review a 3 star. We had asked for and were told by our hotel that this was a half day tour and we would probably be back by 5pm, maybe 530. (Our pick up time was 1225pm.) The selvatica van picked us up on time, and was actually there early. There were 3 couples going from our hotel. It is not selvatica's fault that our hotel is down a very long road which is barely passable. It takes a good 20 minutes to get from our hotel to the major road. Selvatica had the audacity, even though our taxi was nearly full, to have the taxi stop and pick up guests from another hotel on the way. Their road was twice as long as ours and just as badly in need of repair. That wasted a good 45 minutes. After the tour, it was back in the same taxi for the stop at the other hotel down the same barely passable, flooded road in the dark to drop them off, then back down the crappy road and finally to our hotel. We left Selvativa at about 530pm and returned to our hotel at 730pm.

3  Thank looking2snorkel
BradSelvatica, Guest Relations Manager at Selvatica, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

The park staff is thrilled to hear that you qualified their efforts and skills as phenomenal!
Your observations about how our website and brochures can better prepare future visitors are greatly appreciated and we are currently working at updating the information provided.
Please allow us to take this opportunity to share our transportation policy. Many other companies use buses to pick up their guests and stop at as many hotels as it takes to fill up the large bus. Selvatica, on the other hand, uses smaller, air-conditioned vans and will stop at no more than 4 hotels. By doing so, we minimize the amount of time that our guests spend in transportation while reducing our carbon-footprint. Unfortunately for you, this past month the region has received an above average rainfall and has deteriorated many lesser traveled roads and all tour companies picking their guests up will be victims to these conditions.
Your review and the time it took you to write it are greatly appreciated.
Regards from your jungle family.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

What a great day of fun we had my wife and myself visited with our daughter and boyfriend, I was to only one that wanted to do it but we all had a fantastic day, fun, a bit scary, and great fun, all made even better by the fantastic staff there to reassure you at every turn. Chris who lead the group is so good a reassuring and getting you all involved and hyped up but settling the nervous ones too so huge thanks to Chris. We done the Zip lines, the ATV vehicles and the Canote which was fun too. Great Day out BOOK IT YOU WON'T REGRET IT.

1  Thank Tyrabee
Reviewed November 12, 2013

To qualify: I've had the pleasure of many tours/attractions in this area and many others. This was the most fun I've had in many,many,many years.
We had so much fun on this zip line tour! From our pick-up in Playa it was only about 30 minutes away. The same group of tour guides were with us all the way through the 12 Zip Lines, which were way more fun than X-Plor. ( although X-Plor is fun too ) This I thought was much more authentic. Then we chose the side-by-side Polaris machines to ride through the jungle which had us laughing and smiling as we drove very fast over the rocks and through the mud.
Then the cenote swim was the best I've done in this area. Complete with 2 zip lines into the water. The light snack at the end was really more of a meal than a snack and was very good.
The best part however, by far, was how much fun our guides were. They were always talking with the people, asking how we were doing and giving encouragement. And lots of joking around.
It really was very much fun and when I am back in February with my daughter I will definitely take them here. I can't remember all their names...but a special thanks to Chris and Nel for a fun time!

1  Thank MikeK174
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was our first time zip lining & all we can say is WOW! We had an awesome time and can't wait to come back someday! The guys there are funny (especially Bruno!!) this is one adventure you don't wanna miss!

BradSelvatica, Guest Relations Manager at Selvatica, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Your first time, but not your last - LOVE IT!