“Lots of fun...”

$99.00*
Zipline Canopy Tour from Playa del Carmen
Ranked #1 of 284 Outdoor Activities in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: Selvatica, the Adventure Tribe, is the best thing to do in Cancun & the Riviera Maya if you're looking for fun in the jungle. This all-family adventure center offers various activities packaged together into different tours. Choose from the Extreme Canopy Adventure, the Off Road & Polaris Adventure, the ATV Jungle Adventure or the AMAZING FULL DAY Gimme All Adventure. The activities available at the park include our 12 cable Zip Line Circuit, the Tarzania Jungle Coaster, the Supflight, the Sky Walk Aerial-trek (bridges and high rope adventure), the Giant Jungle Bungee Swing, ATV's and Polaris RZR buggies, a Safari Truck Ride through the jungle, swim and play in a "cenote". All packages include transportation & lunc with non alcoholiv beverages
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Zip lines were fun and plenty of them... employees were great... patient, friendly and tried hard to be sure everyone was comfortable and having a good time. Zip lines were very rushed, but I think that was because I was with a large group and they had to keep things moving quickly to get everyone back in time for lunch! Ask for 'Jungle Boy'.... he made it even more fun!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Visited Selvatica for the second time this month, and had another very pleasant experience. Staff (led by Jungle Boy) was friendly and funny, and very helpful. Zips were varied and fun, and the cenote swim was great on a warm afternoon - even for someone like me who doesn't swim. The only thing missing this time around was the ATV/Buggy driving. We opted out of it this trip, wished we hadn't, it was the highlight last time.
Food was decent, didn't have an alcoholic drink so can't rate those. The only disappointment was, touting "do it upside down" as much as they do, there were no pictures of that, for either one of us.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Let me just start by saying my wife wanted to do this and I went along grudgingly because of a serious fear of heights But my wife and I just got back from Cancun a few days ago and we are still talking about this tour and how much fun it was. Overall I would highly recommend. The staff are all very fun and friendly especially David and "Bacteria". They also went above and beyond when I lost my watch in the lagoon, one of the guides spent 20 minutes diving for it and actually found it for me.

Quick breakdown of our trip:

We were picked up at our hotel and after a few stops to pick up additional people we were on our way. The drive from the JW Marriott was about 35 minutes. Once there we got a really warm welcome from David and the rest of the staff. After a few jokes we were able to walk around the main area while waiting for everyone to get harnessed. After we had all the equipment we had about 15 mins of zip line U were they went over the how to / safety of being on a zip line. It was quick so you do have to pay attention but also very easy instructions, along with a staff member showing you what to do so my wife and I felt confident we knew what to expect. The zip lines are great, you can really fly if you don't break till they tell you to. You will get pushed to go upside down, which is a little nerve racking before you go but very fun while you are doing it... Highly recommend just going for it... Along with zip lines we did the skywalk which was fun and a little challenging. We also did the Polaris ATV tour which was a blast. They go very quick on the straight aways and the terrain is very bumpy / uneven so it keeps you engaged. Last part if the trip was the cenote which is beautiful lagoon you can dive and zip line into.... This was my favorite part of the trip. It was a blast and a must do. If you are there with a significant other do the "lovers jump" very cool, and exhilarating to do together. Lunch afterwards was very good and local fare.

Only thing I would want to see changed was how they do the pictures of you while on the activities. It is all or nothing when it comes time to buy and it would be nice to have the option to buy individual pictures instead of the whole lot.

Again highly recommend this excursion the zip lines, Polaris ATV, and the cenote were all great.

Quick about me : my wife and I are in our early 30s and moderately in shape, but I saw people in their mid 50s that had no problem on any of our activities.

1  Thank Andy T
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Let me start the review with full disclosure: I didn't pay for this excursion,it was included in an all inclusive work trip with my partner's employer.

Ground transportation to the attraction. My driver's name was Irving. A friendly and punctual driver while remaining professional. The band's seats are horribly uncomfortable but have a time recline lever that you should look for and use if no one is sitting behind you. From Cancun hotel area it was about 45-60 minutes. The bus will have tip reminder signs just in case you didn't know to tip.

On arrival. The staff all act the part of wonderful kooky friends who are there to give you the time of your life. The staff all do a great job of making you feel welcome but there is still an odd lack of organization going on. Some signage would really help the arrivals of exactly where to go and what's going on. The main hut is quite beautiful, make sure to bring $5 us to leave as a locker deposit as you'll need it.

Suit up. Once I figured out where to go, I was getting put into a harness, a helmet was strapped to my head and a pair of gloves given to me. Then shuffled off to the parrot girl who will have you and your group pose with the birds for a cheesecake snapshot. You'll be directed to bleachers for instructions on how to do all of this. They are thorough and try to keep the learning light but serious.

Up into the trees. So everyone you go thru training with is now in your large group. About 30 people it seemed. This is when the facade began to wear a bit thin. I was about in the middle of the group and it quickly turned into assembly line zip lining. I personally felt like I had to make sure I was responsible not to hit the person in front of me most of the time. I purposely stopped short twice or else the woman who struggled ahead of me would have gotten an knee to her side. One person decided this was not for her and wanted down. Unfortunately for her, the only escape route is at the half way point. She was twice pushed off of the landing pad unwillingly and was physically shaking and begging not to be pushed again. People were also bullied into going upside down and while it was sort of fun, no one needs humiliation on a trip. Also, due solely to the rapid speed we were pushed through the course, we were crammed onto tight narrow and steep stairways that seemed a bit unsafe.

What you see from the zip lines.Remember the approach to the Cancun airport where you saw just trees. That's it here too. I did the zip lines before in Puerto Vallarta and the topography there was amazing. This was lackluster. Trees trees and more trees.

Next up the cenote. Once filing thru the trees and being stripped of the now sweaty equipment, the truck is confusingly loaded up for a trip down the dusty road. The centre is allegedly 25 feet deep but most of us guessed it to be about 15 feet deep. They do have life jackets, two zip lines, a rope across the cenote and a set of stairs out. There are a couple seating areas and bathrooms but if swimming isn't your gig, then just prepare to wait til it's over. (A couple in our group did the atv and said that it was fun but mostly following brake lights in the dust.)

Then it's a trip back to camp. Did you know that in the middle of a jungle they want you to plant trees? Well they do. It's a weird diversion as you watch a film while they prepare lunch and some sales pitches. Then it's an offering to plant a seed and write your name on a popsicle stick.

The lunch is chicken and rice with beans and 10 tortilla chips. Pop and water are free. But the pictures and videos you can take home are not. Maybe if all 30 people doing the course together were my friends and family I'd be keen for the video. Since it wasn't I had no interest.

After all of that, it's the tip gauntlet to the vans home. At least the vans don't stop at any souvenir shops and a hat tip to my driver for making an emergency bathroom stop as needed.

Bottom line. I left my hotel at 1030am and returned as 500pm. It's a long day and if you've never zip lined before, it's an ok experience. None of the lengths are long or scary high. personally I would not go on this one again as there wasn't much to see but I'd recommend this to those who want to try it out and also for those who want a cenote experience.

3  Thank stpauler
Reviewed February 12, 2013

A must do! Book this activity while in Cancun. The staff and guides are so friendly, the ziplines are so much fun, the lunch is really a lunch, and the facility and transportation is top rate!
A great value for the experience!

1  Thank jessica l