“Good Times!!!”
Review of Selvatica

Selvatica
More attraction details
Owner description: Selvatica, is the best thing to do in Cancun & the Riviera Maya if you're looking for adrenaline, adventure and fun in the Mexican Jungle. This all-family adventure center offers various activities packaged together into different tours. Choose from the Extreme Canopy Adventure, the Off Road Adventure or the AMAZING FULL DAY Gimme All Adventure. The activities available at the park include our 10 cable Zip Line Circuit, the Tarzania Jungle Coaster, the Superflight, the Sky Walk Aerial-trek (bridges and high rope adventure), the Giant Jungle Bungee Swing, ATV's and Polaris RZR buggies, a Safari Truck Ride through the jungle, swim and play in a "cenote". All packages include transportation & lunch with non-alcoholic beverages.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I had the best time at Selvatica!!! From the very beginning the staff were friendly, imformative and made the overall experience a great time. The tour begins with an explanation of what to expect and safety was a top priority. The staff at Selvatica made the experience amazing, they encouraged us to zip line upside down, frequently made an effort to ask us if we were having fun or had any concerns and provided us with other information on things to see/do in Cancun. We had photographers following us the entire time, excellent picture quality!!! ATVs were awesome!! Food is provided at the end out of the tour. Lockers are provided for a $10 deposite and lots of souvenirs to pick from!! This tour was definitely worth the money and I would recommended it to anyone. We saw people from all age groups and everyone seemed to be having fun. I'm sure there are plenty of other tours that offer the same thing but it was the STAFF at Selvatica that made the experience unforgettable!! Try it, you won't be disappointed!!

Write a ReviewReviews (7,587)
All reviews
in 76 reviews
"the staff was great"
in 99 reviews

Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was my second location to zip line & by far the best! It was so fun with the quick humor of Jhonny & aided by antics of David! Look out...they will surprise you! We were impressed by the professionalism of everyone from the sweet drivers who pick you up right from your hotel to the guides who teach you safety on the zip lines. I was so glad to see strong Shane at the end of a fast line ~ capable of catching me without breaking a sweat! Bruno was always there to make sure everything was going well. It was seamless. We got our equipment, learned how to use it, and before we knew it we had zipped 12 times. Then off to the jeep to swim in the cenote! Another zipline or just a dive into the water to cool off. After that we headed back to the jeep & drove back to camp for lunch. Before that however, we watched a short fun video about reforestation! It was great, we all got to plant our own seedling & name it! They said we can track it online! How wonderful was that?! A small bracelet with a seed laced on it was a free souvenir. Lunch was delicious; rice, beans, chicken & hot sauce! Drinks at the bar are on your own. Reasonably priced? Heck yeah! My sister paid! Even the bathrooms were cool with faucets that looked like tree limbs, basins that looked like handmade hollowed out trunks, & burlap coverings on the stalls. No pressure to buy ANYTHING or to tip...but we gladly did! What a great day! BTW..we were in our 50's, there were youngsters about 7 or 8 & a majority of young people...everyone had a great time!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Fun and good humor filled our morning as we safely zipped through 12 connection
ziplines. The staff were experts and helped make each new line more fun than the last.
At 52 I was a bit concerned, especially about zip lining upside down! Silly me, tricks are for everyone! It was thrilling and I would pay twice as much to do it again! Johnny and David
were great fun and made us feel like family. Jumping off the water zip line was safe and
fun! Make sure you listen to the directions and you will have an adventure to last a life time!
It ends perfectly with a delicious meal,great drinks and a video of your groups adventure. So
clean and well organized, it was hard to remember it was in the jungle. Great plant a seed program
to replenish the forest. You can follow your seed's growth on line! AMAZING!!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Just went to Selvatica on Sunday, October 29. We did the Corona tour which is the zip line, (dune) buggies, and Cenote swim. It was perfect. I will be the first to admit that I was more apt to relax at our resort, but after my wife's prodding I went along. So with this negative bias, I rode via van transport to Selvatica. In short, it was way better than I expected (even slightly tired and hung over from a wedding the day prior).

Zip line was great in that it was high, but not too high. The guides were fun, enthusiastic and goofy (in a good way). You could not help but but laugh and smile as they joked with us and each other. After a few zip lines (I believe there were 15 in all), I felt like a pro until they hung me upside down with no hands and we zipped away with an instructor braking and controlling the descent for you. It was a new level 'high' that was amazing and thrilling to the nth degree (no worries to some, but it is optional and you can opt out if you like). Then came the buggies that went faster than one might think given the terrain. After a few turns I had gotten the fish tailing down and my wife was thrilled with the ride and very trusting. It is a fine line to ride the edge of terror/loss control and exhilleration, but we did it in spades. I would opt for the $10 insurance on the buggies for the piece of mind. I found out only afterwards that the buggy behind me was 6 inches from rear ending us, and that could have happened to anyone. The cenote was tame compared to everything else, but it was a great way to wind down even with a mini zip line into the water. We opted for the whole video, album and picture package for $99. It was not a hard sell, but my wife and I figured it was something we could re-live again and again. Oh and when she inquired about taking a pic with the squirel monkey in the cage, they happily obliged and everyone in our group was happy she did ask. They all posed with the unbelievably cute little guy. A tip box is placed outside as you leave and is mentioned to you but again no hard sell. BTW Lunch was great and they were great servers as well. The Salsa was firey blood pumping, and delicious sort of akin to our day there. Great fun and can't wait to go back....seriously!

1  Thank Loppy1020