“Beauty and fun in the jungle”
Review of Selvatica

$99.00*
Zipline Canopy Tour from Playa del Carmen
Ranked #1 of 279 Outdoor Activities in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: Selvatica, the Adventure Tribe, is the best thing to do in Cancun & the Riviera Maya if you're looking for fun in the jungle. This all-family adventure center offers various activities packaged together into different tours. Choose from the Extreme Canopy Adventure, the Off Road & Polaris Adventure, the ATV Jungle Adventure or the AMAZING FULL DAY Gimme All Adventure. The activities available at the park include our 12 cable Zip Line Circuit, the Tarzania Jungle Coaster, the Supflight, the Sky Walk Aerial-trek (bridges and high rope adventure), the Giant Jungle Bungee Swing, ATV's and Polaris RZR buggies, a Safari Truck Ride through the jungle, swim and play in a "cenote". All packages include transportation & lunc with non alcoholiv beverages
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and I were deciding on trips and had never seen the jungle of this area or zip lined here, so after reading reviews and a recommendation from our Olympus tour representative, we chose Selvatica. We were not disappointed as from beginning to end we were entertained. My wife was a little nervous about the heights before but was fine once we started, realizing we weren't too high up. Plus, the guides were very helpful with assistance.
We then went on the Atvs, which were fun but bumpy. Would suggest that a little more open area to have longer runs would be even more fun. The cenote was a great finisher to the trip, especially the zip line jump in. After the swim, the video on giving back to nature and the jungle was a nice touch, along with planting a tree seed.
Lunch was really good and the staff waited on your every need. You got to watch your video and photos, then purchase the whole item. I do suggest to Selvatica that offering to pick individual photos to purchase would be another cheaper option and would sell more photos. My wife also suggests that a complimentary adult drink when coming in to eat, shop and look at the videos might help want to buy more :) . Thanks and looking forward to the superman and human roller coaster additions!
Again, though, great trip

There are newer reviews for Selvatica

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I visited Selvatica today and had an amazing time!! I am incredibly scared of heights and was only doing it to make my husband have some thrill seeking fun. The guides were so great about making me feel safe and comfortable and encouraging me throughout the day. They all had a great sense of humor and we had a lot of fun with them. From how scared i was all day, they had me going upside down by the end. We did corona rally---highly recommend...seems that the corona rally was more popular as we noticed many people that were atv'ing that were not experienced enough had to switch over to the doone buggies....they were so much fun and I could have done them all day. The Cenote was amazing as well....really beautiful and a fun time to hang out with people you have bonded with during the experience...the guides and other participants. The food was great, shop was very nice, and happy to see all the pictures--we did the picture/cd and dvd combo for 69 dollars. One thing that saddened me was that not many people tipped the guides. They worked so hard to make sure we were all safe and having an amazing time and there were not many people tipping---so if you go on this trip..pack a twenty with you it is well worth it for how wonderful these people are and care. Way better than going on a big excursion with the massess....so much nicer to go in a smaller group. we Cant wait to visit again!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I just got back to the states from our vacation in Playa Del Carman where our only excursion was to Selvatica and it was great. I hate heights and was nervous the day before, but I got over it quick. The Zip Lines are in the natural jungle and in the trees so you never feel high or dangerous. Loved it! The side by side dune buggies were awesome. Nothing like in the states, they took us full throttle through great trails and we got muddy from head to toe, a highlight for me. Then we did the Cenote swim to cool and clean off, finished by a great meal. The crew rocked! They love their job and it shows, we will be back!!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We did the ATV tour which included zip line and senota swim. The adventure started with zip line. The staff was very safety conscious however, the equipment i.e. stairs and platforms seemed a little rickety. We felt a little unsafe at times but we made it through and had a great time. The ATVs were an absolute blast but we would not recommend driving them if you are inexperienced...the lead staffer drives fast and the potholes are deep....be prepared for a bumpy ride. Finally, we went for a swim....the water was perfect after a hot and muddy day. The staffers were friendly and fun. The lunch was delicious. Overall, a very fun day well worth the money.

1  Thank Beth R
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I went on 9/26/12 and had a blast. This was our first time zip lining. We did the Corona Rally and totally recommend this tour. The 12 zip lines were great and the driving the buggy's was the BOMB! They go pretty fast. My hubby was in heaven! He could have drove for hours. Swimming in the Cenote after was very refreshing. The lunch they served was really good too. The staff was amazing. Very friendly and funny too! You can tell they totally enjoy what they do. Kudos to the staff!!!
Couple of tips: If you want to buy souvenirs, try and get them before you start your tour (you can get a locker for a $5 deposit which you get back when you return the key). Time goes very fast once you return and we did not have time to look around as our shuttle was leaving to go back to the hotel. Pictures: You can get a CD for $55 or a book for $65 (the book you get 27 pictures of the best pictures which they choose and it is delivered next day to your hotel). We opted for the CD. The CD includes all the pictures from everyone in your group plus some wildlife pictures so there are quite a few. You can get just a few pictures if you want as well.
My only recommendation to Selvatica - Make the buggy rides longer or maybe add another tour where there are less zip lines and more buggy driving. The buggy driving was our favorite part but could have been longer.

1  Thank Cheri1962