Tripadvisor
Cancun
8,659 results
All reviews maria marie chef's plate spice restaurant swim up suite asiana restaurant hour lounge foam party lobby bar beach cabana ocean front our honeymoon all inclusive resort turn down service presidential suite hotel is beautiful nightly entertainment couples massage
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just left Hyatt Zilara and if I could have stayed longer I absolutely would have!
I recently left my job and had a bit of time off before starting my next one. With this time off I quickly searched for flights and hotels in Cancun and was delighted to see the reasonable prices for this time of year.

I picked Hyatt Zilara for the beach and pool pictures plus it being adults only and boy did it deliver!! The beach is beautiful, wide, and clean. The pools are also beautiful and clean with plenty of seating. The right side is more peaceful and close to the beach and beach cabanas and the left is more lively near the bar.

I enjoyed the right side for peace and quiet, laying in a cabana in the morning, and moving to a beach lounger in the afternoon. It was bliss.
Pool Cabanas do get “reserved” (first come first serve) quickly in the morning so get out there early (7am) and throw down a towel and your book before heading to breakfast.

Service was great! Pool and beach side waiters there to take drink orders and everyone else I encountered (restaurants, bar, housekeeping) was helpful and mostly friendly although sometimes confused as to why I was alone.

Food was overall good and better than most all inclusive but not great. This was fine for me as I came for the beach, not for a culinary experience.
I enjoyed perfectly cooked omelettes at spice buffet in the morning and ceviches at Pelicanos for lunch and Maria Marie for dinner the most.

Other highlights: morning sunrise yoga in the gazebo, coffee shop with cute latte art, completely wine tasting, lobby entertainment every night!

My one “complaint” if I can even call it that is the lobby and rooms could use some upgrades. This hotel would seriously be a STUNNER if the lobby and lobby bar received a facelift/ refresh in decor and furnishings and the rooms were redone as they’re starting to show their age.
Note- this is NOT the case for the outdoor areas. Pool, cabanas, and lounge chairs are all very well kept and beautiful!

I would absolutely come back to Hyatt Zilaria and will recommend it to friends for the perfect beach and pool lounging vacation.

Trip type: Traveled solo
dreyn167, General Manager at Hyatt Zilara Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear 339isabelc,

We are happy to see that you posted about your recent experience with Hyatt Zilara Cancun. Thank you for the feedback as we love constructive criticism and will work to improve our service in all areas. We hope that you will still consider us for your future Cancun travels.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just returned from 4 days at the Hyatt Zilara. It was wonderful. Food was excellent. The place was immaculate. The staff was super friendly and attentive. Please note that this is an Adults Only Hotel (which does not necessarily mean Couples only). We went with our adult children. Everyone was made to feel very comfortable. We particularly enjoyed Richardo (of the Entertainment Dept). All the pool activities kept everyone busy. Also the evening parties and shows were great. Of all the restaurants, we did not find Chef's Plate was worth the additional cost since all the included restaurants were absolutely perfect. We will definitely be back.

Dear Margaret,

Thank you for sharing your kind review. I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food and service provided by our associates.

Thank you again for your visit and we look forward to your next stay at Hyatt Zilara Cancun!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Great Hotel great pools food view everything was OK comfortable bathrooms were great everything was heavenly amazing we will be bCk soon for sure loved it very much and the pools were an absolute dream

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Masonillm,

Thank you very much for choosing Hyatt Zilara as your destination here in Cancun and we appreciate you taking your time to write your review. We trust that you had a wonderful stay with us and we hope to welcome you back for your leisure next time.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Property is excellent. The Hibachi Salmon at the Asiana Restaurant was probably best dish that my wife and I ate the whole week. We even had it twice! As expected, the Mexican food at the resort was all very good. I thought that the bed slept too warm for my liking, but I too sleep in a cooler room. I could not program the room AC below 73F. The drinks were a little weak unless you ask for something stronger. Also, specify the type of liquor that you want or you will receive bottom shelf brands. They have a great variety of liquor brands. The Caribbean Sea current was strong during our time at the resort and the lifeguards did not recommend to swim past your waist. Even though I had some issues, my wife and I would love to go back!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear Donald,

We are much obliged to receive such a positive comment and to know that we were able to fully exceed your expectations with the food quality. Thank you for your observations, they will be taken into consideration.

It would be an honor to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Overall, our party of 7 had a great time. Not as nice as the Zilara in Jamaica. Hotel and pool can use a makeover physically. Food was above average but not outstanding. Service was outstanding, Beach was beautiful. Plenty of lounge chairs. Unlike in Jamaica, the Ziva was a connecting hotel that added to the restaurants and food options for dining.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear Mark,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Zilara Cancun, and for sharing your comments.

It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay overall.

We are thankful for your observations and have shared them with our Maintenance and Food and Beverage Directors.

Looking forward to your future visits!