Open today: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Captain Hook Cancun tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Captain Hook Cancun
from $70.00
More Info
from $70.00
More Info
4,072 results
All reviews steak pirate ship our waiter black pearl all ages sword fights pirate fight jack sparrow fantastic night treasure hunt fun night surf and turf great fun drinks flowing set sail dinner cruise top deck
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Fab night , food was nice. Entertainment was fun and all staff go out their way to include everybody, drinks plentiful, all in all a great night for the money. If there was any negatives it would be that it gets ridiculously hot but thats not their fault. Would recommend and do it again with no hesitation

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Show was missold the food and the service on the boat were excellent other than that I didn't think alot to it I thought that it was a waste of money for how long you got on it you have to get there really early or upgrade to vip to get a good view of the show or you don't see anything if you want something similar to this whixh is just an excuse to have a party on a boat then I recommend you do xoximillco whixh is cheaper longer and a much more entertaining night as you are in smaller groups so feel involved.
P.S anyone thinking of doing captain hook it's not suitable for anyway that has epilepsy or sensitive to strobe lighting but you are not informed prior to take off.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Was awful paid a lot of money for family of 10 to attend and we were sat in horrible spot way at the top where we got to stare at the backs of people’s heads . Never got to see the pirates fight either. Never ever again !!!

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Let me just start by saying , this is my opinion and I’m entitled no one has to agree . We are individuals for a reason .
We booked direct as TUI prices were an little pricey in comparison and the dinner options were only chicken or lobster where as booking direct we chose a New York steak dinner and as a result the child place was on a free promotion basis.

We are staying at the RIU Tequila and weren’t aware that the transport was well over a hour - and also late ( states 4.25 pick up we weren’t collected until gone 5pm !

Driver as lovely as he was , it was like being in the flintstone car driven by Alonso after several beers . ( He’s a F1 driver for those that don’t know )
Anyway what feels like and age later you arrive and the drivers just shouting 14! 14! We literally had no clue what this even meant .

As we are queuing to go in one of the staff approaches and asks to see our coupon and that we can go to window 4 this is where you pay an additional surcharge 14$ per adult and $5 per child ( this depends on how many children you are travelling with )

Once we finally discover how and where to go as nobody really tells you . You have a photograph with our family and the captain ( you can purchase this frames during the evening $20 or 400 Peso ). We were told that their are 2 ships . Good guys and bad guys . Sparrow & Hook which thy separate into families and couples etc ... this didn’t happen . We were also told you set sail and there are fireworks etc etc and the battle commences .. we didn’t set sail and there were no fireworks ... apparently this was due to the weather another couple told us BUT there were no issues what so ever imho.

So there are lots of games and dancing etc but it is very limited in English you’re literally playing catch up with what’s going on , it was all very Mexican based to the point where you could see the people who were like ourselves - English speaking divided .

The food again wasn’t great . I think I ate a mouthful of steak as the rest was all fatty but there wasn’t a great deal to accompany either only rice or veg .

All in all it was very disappointing and very very long winded to the point we were clock watching and wanted to get off to ensure the 1 hr plus flintstone ride home .

All the staff are very friendly and welcoming and drink service is great - they are very tentative in that respect .

Oh and by the way the 14 ! 14! We got told by the driver was the bus number for our return .

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

We had the best night of our whole holiday on this trip it was so much fun from start to finish. Every single person on the boat was having an amazing time up dancing and joining in on all the games etc. Food was lovely and staff were very friendly. I would recommend upgrading to vip area. My only regret is going on this trip near the end of my holiday because I would of 100% done the trip again.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Me and my boyfriend had a really good night out at Captain Hook! We got the transport from playa del Carmen and arrived ahead of the crowds. The entertainment by the team was great fun from the arrival and throughout. The dinner was very generous and we were never without a drink, we loved the crossover between boats and the mini disco on the boat at the end. Would recommend!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We weren’t sure what exactly this trip was going to be like, because it hasn’t been overly well advertised like the other Cancun Adventures or Xcaret/etc/etc. We thought we would give it a try because our oldest (8) had a cast on his arm that limited our excursion abilities at the X places. The 6pm sailing was sold out so we went for the 7pm one.

When we got there, it was slightly confusing in that we were told by the person at the resort that we would only need to pay $90USD for transfer and docking fees, but it turns out we needed to pay $108 because we had a third child, and children were only free if accompanied by an adult. Other than that unexpected surprise, things went smoothly.

Seating was all quite good from what I could tell. Everyone could see virtually everything. Where I was sitting (in the handicap section, not that I needed it, just that no one needed it and our family of 5 fit perfectly), I had to lean out to see the acrobat that was performing above us. We had a great vantage otherwise.

From start to finish, it was non-stop action. We sailed with Captain Jack Sparrow, a very charismatic Captain, and his crew was so amazing at getting us all engaged and excited. The dinner was delicious for adults and our 4, 6 and 8 year olds. Drinks were included. We were able to watch from our seats because we had a little table to eat at, otherwise they also had tables you could sit at as well to properly eat.

The pirate showdown between our boat and the next was so much fun! Lots of battle action on both boats, and I feel like we lucked out and had the captain fight, where our Captain won! The boys were enthralled and were totally into it! They got to go one a “treasure hunt” and got a little loot bag of candy to keep them entertained a little while longer. There was then a dance party, which was wholly unexpected. Who knew we would be bringing the kids to a club/bar but it was so much fun and the kids totally loved it.

We even saw a gentleman propose to his girlfriend! So sweet! Another surprise was that they had a girl perform high above us an acrobatic act with the ribbons. So unexpected and so cool!

One thing my husband and I noted was that it might have been just a tad long for little kids. We didn’t get back until 10:30, and they were pretty done after all of the action at 10. I would suggest parents with little kids to really aim for the 6pm sailing.

The only thing that put a damper on our night and really brought my rating down to a 4 was that our server, Delphine, kept harassing my husband for an extra tip. The Captain mentioned at the beginning of the show that we put all of our tips in the pirate chest at the end and they divvy among the crew. We were horribly disappointed this guy really felt he should ask for more. Cheapens the experience as we’ve been on other excursions where the team collected a group tip and it was far more comfortable. He certainly was a fun part of the show and served drinks to us well, but I did not feel he needed to act as he did. He asked multiple times over the night and my husband finally had to turn his back to him so he would leave him alone.

I would still recommend the show, and see if you can make it onto Jack Sparrow’s boat. His crew was phenomenal.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

What a horrendous tourist trap waste of time and money!! Everyone is herded like cattle onto Dangerously overcrowded, claustrophobic boats and packed in like sardines. This trip must have been oversold to the tune of double what would be safe and comfortable let alone fun. We fought our way off before the ship left, just desperate to get out! We then spent the next 3 hours attempting to get our money back through various people... We eventually got around 65% of our money back through the office we originally booked with earlier that day but only after much explaining and eventually shouting. This company is a disgrace...you will not be treated as a human being at any point and their customer service is non existent. Avoid this at all costs!

2  Thank Scott B
prcaptainhook, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Captain Hook Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Visitor

We are very sorry that your visit was not a pleasant experience, we regret the inconvenience you may have had during your visit.
Regarding our tour we share that we always take the appropriate security measures to safeguard the integrity of our visitors at any time
The Galleons are 93 feet long and each has a capacity for 285 passengers, we do not exceed this capacity. We have the main area on the deck with tables and seats to see the tour as well in the upper part of our VIP area, where by purchasing one of our variety of Premium bottles you can buy 4 places in the VIP area. This is optional for customers who wish to acquire it.
Unfortunately, because you did not buy directly from us, it was not in our hands to make refunds due to our policies where we clearly specified the terms for a refund.

Our team regrets the situation that was caused and we regret the inconvenience that happened, for some situations that were not in our hands. We hope you will give us the opportunity to change your opinion.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I was hoping this trip didn’t disappoint and I was pleased it didn’t! It was a great experience, my son, nearly 12, with his mate same age, thought it was brilliant from start to end! Being met by some realistic, scary ish pirates, had them hooked from the get go! We loved the show, they had you captive, entertained and dancing non stop! The food was brilliant , not at all sub standard, in fact, better than expected! I will tell everyone who visits to book this trip!

prcaptainhook, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Captain Hook Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Visitor

We appreciate your opinion, it is for us very pleasant to know that we comply with providing you with an incredible experience on board and we fulfill your expectations

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again

Thanks for your visit
Kind regards

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This ship is a fun rip. It had all you can drink, entertainment to start the night, got to see some titties and meet new people. Time went by fast, I think the trip was about 3 ~ 4 hours long.

Good day Guillermo

Thank you for your opinion, we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit.

Kind regards