Warning-you should read this before you book! I have traveled extensively and this is the worst run all-inclusive I have ever been to. There are so many negative things that it is really too bad because like most people would agree if they have been to ME, that the property and hotel has so much potential.
1. There is no Alcohol, Bottled Water, soft drinks served after midnight-sharp! On weekends you can buy your drinks after midnight. This information is not on the official ME website or on trip advisor!!!! It clearly states that drinks are unlimited, first statement under description. However when you check in at you ALL-INCLUSIVE RESORT you will quickly find out the RULES on a printout sheet.
2. Check out time is 12 noon. They will take your all-inclusive wrist band at that time!!! So unless you fly out early afternoon, you will be stuck at the hotel with no room, and will have to pay for any food or drink! I have been to tons of all-inclusive resorts, you don't get to always have late checkout but you always get to use the resorts food, drink and shower services until your shuttled to the airport. We witnessed this problem all week and there was no compromising either. I became worried because we booked with Sun wing Vacations for a 7day all inclusive chartered vacation. Our reservation was Feb 11-18 but the flight times had us checking in at 2:30AM on the 12th and then checking out (shuttled out of the hotel) at 11PM on the 18th. So, THREE days before we left I decided that I would confirm that I would not lose my wrist band on the 18th because technically I did not check in on the day of the 11th and therefore was owed the all-inclusive benefits of the hotel until 11pm on the 18th.Honestly, this should not even be an issue. I paid for it! It ended up taking THREE days and on the last day after numerous battles (serious ones) they extended our wrist bands until 6pm (right before dinner) of course. Unreal!!!!
3. You can ask for a king size bed but you will probably not get one (most of us did not).We were on the 9th floor above the Rose bar. Bring Ear plugs because the music plays on the weekends until 5am and the walls are paper thin.
4. Rose bar is so busy on weekends that even at the bar you were lucky to get a drink per hour, the service was painfully slow, and I’m sure on purpose too. This bar is dead on the weeknights; again I'm sure on purpose so that they don't have to serve as much because it is so boring that no one wants to be there. They state there is premium booze but that is not included (Canadians there is rye but it will cost you, Crown Royal is not part of the ME package!!!)
5. You have to make reservations for all restaurants. Hope you like to eat at 6pm or really late. There is a line up to make reservations starting at 9am.Check your receipts because she had the wrong dates on two of them and therefore you will not get in.
6. Not enough beach and pool chairs. You have to get up by 7am to get some. Chairs on the beach are so uncomfortable and most are broken.
Adult pool only has beds that you have to pay for. The main pool is shaded by hotel by 2pm. You have to go down the beach to get sun until 4pm.
7. Elevators are a joke, and you cannot take the stairs. Trust me I tried, they will not let you.
8. During the day depending on the person, you were limited to only 2 bottles of water per person at one order. So if you wanted to bring some back to your room or to some friends. Forget it.
9. Large tips are needed to get good pool service.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Jetsetter, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Prodigios Interactivos SA so you can book your ME Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Me Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Me Resort Cancun
- Me Hotel Cancun