“Amazing service and relaxing getaway”
Review of ME Cancun

ME Cancun
Ranked #39 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Wakefield, Canada
“Amazing service and relaxing getaway”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Exceptional service at the pool by Daniel and waiter service in the restaurant, Silk by Enrique Roizeseo. Great vacation only con would be that unless you order ocean view rooms there are no balconies

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,200)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I visited the ME Cancun during the week of Valentine's Day and we were very impressed. I had scouted out the reviews for this and several other hotels prior to booking, and was overwhelmed with the amount of positive reviews about this place. I've been to other all-inclusive resorts, and it's hard to please everybody, but the ME does a very good job at keeping everyone happy, in my opinion. We thought everything, from the service, to the food, to the beach was incredible. Yes, it's an all-inclusive resort, so you can't expect to have premium alcohol the whole time, but actually I thought their variety of alcohol was varied. We got shots of Jamieson at the bar without having to pay any extra. We also did tip all of our servers. Keep in mind that the workers at these hotels likely don't make as much as we do. I believe our willingness to tip workers who were courteous enhanced our experience. Also, I was on crutches during our stay, but everyone was beyond accommodating. I couldn't have asked for a better place to recover from knee surgery. The beach was amazing - the water was unbelievably blue and our ocean view room allowed for me to wake up to it every morning. I thought it was worth it to upgrade to the Vibe View. A friend staying in a lower floor above the club said he was unable to sleep on the weekends due to the thumping from the music below - so keep this in mind. To name a few workers who were exceptional and really enhanced our experience: Estaban was amazing - always had a smile on his face and from the moment I walked into the Rose Bar until the day we left he always remembered us; Alvarado at the Beachhouse Grill was amazing - he remembered our names every day and always tried to give me more tequila! (now that I mention it, the Beachhouse grill was just amazing all the way around - try the fish tacos during lunch, I still crave them! Thank you to Carlos, the manager, Francisco who helped me learn Spanish, and Willy, to whom no lunch could be complete without shots); All the hostesses were wonderful, and I regret that I can't remember any more names, but those are the ones who stood out to us.

We ate at all of the restaurants (reservations are required, but if you're willing to eat early, there's a good chance you could get one). My favorites were Salt and Silk, but I don't think I've ever eaten better at any all inclusive resort, and I didn't even get the least bit sick.

Great service, amazing weather, beautiful beach, and affordable prices - who could ask for more? My boyfriend and I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean are beautiful - hard to beat; don't get a room too close to the Rose Bar...
Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I'm a Cancun local and have visited the Me plenty of times.

Now, I am aware that with the "trendy" "fashionable" ambiance there will be some elitism between both the guests and the staff, however, the treatment we received Saturday 22nd at around 12pm in the sandy area between the two restaurants has been the most insulting, arrogant and rude service I have ever received.

We arrived, left the car in the valet, where greeted by a host who checked my membership ID, requested towels, walk all the way to the sand areas, set up our towels, unpacked, laid down, prepared to read and finally ready to relax...

A Me staff member with dark glasses, darker skin tone and white uniform approached me and my girlfriend and explained that the membership rules had changed and now we had to eat or drink at least 70 USD in order to stay. Ok, this I understood.

However, we where expecting other people to join us, so I asked him to give me a minute to call them and let them know about this unexpected "change".

This is where it got ugly, the Me staff member turned around and told me in a very rude tone "Well, you have 10 minutes to go", I told him to calm his tone down and then he said "Well sir if you get angry I really could not care less", he turned around walked away and sent a beach staff member to take away our umbrella and give it to a couple to beach beds away.

So first;

- Why didn't you let us know of this change at the moment we arrived? POOR internal communication.

- Why don't you train your staff to handle these situations better?

- And of course, teach them to CARE if a client gets upset.

Last time I stop at this place.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My wife booked this as a surprise holiday for us. It was brilliant from start to finish. Hotel is lovely, rooms great, food in most of the restaurants was some of the best All Inclusive we have had. Staff do what ever they can to help. We have already decided that we will be going back at some point.
Breakfast is a help yourself, but there are staff who bring drinks etc, Lunch is chosen from a relaxed menu in all the restaurants, where the staff serve you & the evening menus are a little less relaxed again staff serve you drinks & bring your food etc. In the evening the restaurants are more contemporary and smarter clothes are expected, no t-shirts, shorts & flip flops etc (which is only right). We didn't use the SPA or gym but I believe they are very good. WIFI was a bit flaky, but when you are in the correct area it worked well. There is a snack bar with pc's & printer so if there was anything urgent this was always available. There are a number of bars, we generally used the pool bar by day, when on the beach staff bring you drinks \ food, in the evening we used 'Rose' bar. Im not sure if this is hotel for a family holiday but there were some families there & they seemed to be enjoying themselves. All in all, a great 2 weeks in the sun, very relaxing, lovey hotel, good food, good staff, suited us for we want from a holiday, we couldnt have asked for more & will be going back for sure.

Room Tip: All the rooms seems large, with good bathrooms. They all potentially have good views (eithe the lago...
2 Thank Steve B
Rovigo
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Beautiful, plenty of restraunts, pools, beautiful beach, amenities, room was very nice, clean. Beds were comfortable. Wait staff was wonderful. Bell hops brought me a drink while in check in line.

Gentleman at check in was not very polite. Remaining staff was great. Only one staff member willing to help.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Just returned and had a nice stay. Our first Cancun all inclusive. We chose the hotel from the online photos that depict an upscale contemporary decor. We got suites with the premium services and alcohol.

It was very enjoyable. The Pros:
Great food. Only breakfast was a buffet, everything else ala carte in restaurants that was steps above standard all inclusive food. Salt and Silk restaurants were our favorites. Efraim at Salt was terrific.
The beach was perfect and had great service. The pool area was 2 pools. One where you had to pay for Bali beds or chairs for the day. Price was high on weekends when you had to buy bottle service but being able to reserve your spot was nicer than going down in the morning.
There were not many kids.
The cons: the special checkin room was often crowded and took longer than going to the regular front desk. Dinner reservations at the restaurants was a cumbersome deal. Even with room that included preferential dinner reservations, we could not book more than 2 days in advance and they were crowded.
The hotel is more enclosed than many Caribbean hotels. There was not an open air feel in the lobby. The rooms don't have balconies and the hallways are stuffy. The pool is covered with shade by 3:00 pm.
The decor is an attempt to be trendy but it is getting a bit dated. There are no activities during the day and no evening entertainment. Just a bar that gets hopping on weekends with young locals and loud DJ music.
The primary seating around the pools are Bali beds which you pay for. I'm not a fan of laying in a bed versus a regular lounge chair and they were in shorter supply.

The mall across the street is a delight. Almost makes you regret having done the all inclusive.

The hotel met many of our needs. Just wish it had more of an open, airy, brighter feel. I also wished we had gotten a hotel guide and orientation to learn how things worked and where things were in the property like, what's the best way to get dinner reservations without having to get in line at 9:00 every morning.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

I was there with my friends for a "weekend party getaway".... Rooms we super well equipped, perfect view from the Ocean but the best part of it all is the friendliness of the staff!

Big "thumps up" for Patricia from "ME Plus" :) Go party at Rose cause the place rocks!

Overall the hotel is great for young adults looking for a "chic + chilax" place to enjoy.

• Stayed March 2014