“Spectacular service”

Ranked #38 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Calgary
“Spectacular service”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Arriving in the afternoon by transportation provided by Me/Melia you will notice that the lobby is dim upon entering, but you soon adjust and realize that it is always that way. The service upon check-in is quick and efficient. Alex was very helpful and gave us our bracelets right away. We also had our two children with us, but their bracelets were provided later as there were none on site. Our room had everything we expected and more. The bathroom was very clean, updated and decked out with all the Aveda amenities. The safe was large enough for a laptop and all our belongings. There were ample "free" supplies and an assortment of "pay" items clearly labeled. The view of the resort and ocean was clearly visible from our room (we were on the 5th floor). The noise from the Rose Bar was apparent only on weekends but we were on a high enough level, it didn't bother us.

The food was very good at all the restaurants on site. The service everywhere was fantastic - Karen, Carlos, Miguel, Lalo, Ricardo, Julio and Arturo made the vacation wonderful. Regardless if you were at the beach, poolside or in any restaurant, the service was attentive and quick. The gym was sufficient and the spa was spotless and relaxing. We enjoyed our morning cappuccinos prior to the buffet breakfast after our workout in the gym.

If we were down by the beach we coudl always find seating and staff was helpful to find us an umbrella. Our children had a fantastic time as well - jumping in the waves or playing in the pool. The waves may be too big for smaller children or the pool may be too cool (not heated), but we all had a fabulous and memorable time at Me by Melia in Cancun.

Room Tip: If you choose an "ocean side" room, choose a higher floor otherwise the noise from the Ros...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,199)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Las Vegas
Reviewed January 31, 2014

My wife and I had a fantastic time on our honeymoon at the ME Cancun resort. We spent 10 days and could not ask for anything else other than a few extra days. When we arrived at the hotel check in we were greeted by Alex who immediately upgraded our room to an ocean view on the fourth floor upon finding out it was our honeymoon. We were given wrist bands and towel cards and changed in money for local currency. Don't loose the wrist bands because they are $150 to replace and $30 to replace the towel cards. We checked into our room and were impressed by the expansive view of the Caribbean Sea. The room was equipped with a wall mounted flat screen, dvd player, cd stereo, refrigerator, sofa, dining table with two chairs, and an awesome walk in shower with pull out sprayer and overhead rain shower head (Thank you to Claudia who was our room attendant and did a great job).

The entire resort is decked out with travertine and marble tiles from the lobby to the hallways in every floor and rooms. The lobby reminded me of a posh south beach chic resort. It really has a zen feeling to it and tastefully decorated.

There are four restaurants and a buffet. Salt (Mediterranean), Silk (Asian & Teppenyaki), Water House Grill (Brazilian Steak House), and the BeachHouse (Seafood). The Beach House was our favorite. We especially enjoyed Karina's service, she was our server in buffet in the mornings and moves over to the BeachHouse for lunch service. She is a pleasant person and strive's to give you the best service possible. The BeachHouse is situated between the pool and overlooks the ocean. The ceviche' is unbelievable and the sauteed Grouper is phenomenal.

Nightlife. The Rose Bar and Rose Deck turn into a happening lounge from Thurdays through Sunday. The music can be quite loud so I suggest staying up later on those nights is louder music bothers you.

Thank you to Karina in the Sal buffet, Alex at hotel check in, Alex the pool and beach server, Daniel the bartender, Carlos the manager of Silk, and Wendy in pool concierge for a fantastic time. You guys and gals shine and are much appreciated.

Negatives. No jacuzzi tub at the pool.

Room Tip: If loud music bothers you at night ask for a room away from the bar and higher up floor. Tip your se...
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We had 2 people really stand out to us, a waiter names Pedro Mora and a doorman Alex. So helpful and kind. Alex would ensure our safety to the clubs and set everything up so we wouldn't run into any trouble.

Pedro was so patient and kind, we really fell in love with him.

Truly amazing experience.

And the food was outstanding. We look forward to our next visit to the Me Cancun.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Ikreaya
Falls City, Nebraska
Reviewed January 30, 2014

we loved our recent visit to ME Cancun. My husband and I have been approximately 12 times and this by far was our favorite trip. the staff is amazing and very accommodating. we became acquainted with alejandro "alex" gonzalez or "dog." he was fabulous and provided great service to everyone around us. he was efficient and thoughtful. in the afternoon, he would always bring us dessert by the pool. since we would spend 6-8 hours by the pool, I feel he was responsible for our tremendous experience! thanks so much Alex and we hope to see you again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Clean and well-kept hotel, excellent service and staff!

We usually stay at all-inclusive hotels that have buffets for every meal, with nice restaurants as an option. We were a little concerned about this hotel only having a morning buffet and having to make reservations for dinner. It turned out to be just fine - in fact, Silk was the best food we have had at an all-inclusive - amazing sushi and Asian cuisine. They even fit in our group of 7 without a reservation on one night. The Waterfront - Brazilian style - was excellent food as well! The beach house lunch menu was amazing and our waiter, Alex, even delivered pool side! (Guacamole & pico, Fish tacos and Chicken Quesadilla are hard to beat!)

The staff was amazing - Alex and Aldo went above and beyond with pool-side service! We did bottle service (aka-paid $120 for a bed by the adult-only pool) two days. We went for the free beds/chairs at the main pool the other two days. We could have done without the bottle service, as the main pool had just as good of service ("Alex" - Alejandro Gonzalez) if not better, for FREE - and there really are not that many children at this resort.

The spa was very nice as well - the 80 minute massage was amazing, well worth the money. The work-out area has a variety of machines, but it is hard to beat a walk, run or yoga on the beach at sunrise!

The noise from the bar/band was a little loud on Friday and Saturday, (we were not there on Thursday, but it is also a "party night"). We were in a basic level room, so we did not face the water directly, which helped with noise on these nights. They do provide ear-plugs in room (I only needed them for a snoring husband).

Be sure to have men pack a pair of pants, as the two inside evening restaurants require pants, as well as the Rose bar. Jeans are fine also.

You are asked for your room number whenever ordering, but no charges are ever made. Just a book-keeping for the hotel. Some reviewers are annoyed by this, but we did not find this to be a big hassle! We did not experience any of the negatives we read about from other reviews. We have been to several resorts in Cancun and Los Cabos, - ME Cancun was by far our favorite!

Also, a safe area - we walked on the beach and on the street. Everyone was friendly and we never had safety concerns.

Room Tip: Rooms that are not considered ocean view are quieter on "party nights" (Thur, Fri, Sat - b...
2 Thank Becky M
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

This was our first trip to an all-inclusive resort anywhere and I have to say that I absolutely loved it.
1. The resort seems brand new and very very well maintained.
2. Service is top-notch and attentive, tips or no tips (I always did tip 20 pesos every time I ordered a drink and 50 pesos after meals)
3. All restaurants are awesome and most of them are a la carte; no soggy generic buffets here for lunch and dinners.
4. Breakfast buffet was incredible.
5. Constant drinks and food service on the beach
6. While we went in January during an unusually cold North American winter, the pools were oddly cold. The water in the pools was colder than the ocean!!!

A few other recommendations about Cancún. If you wish to truly connect to local lifestyle there, make your way to Parque de las palapas in Cancún centro. As long as you speak passable Spanish, you will get to enjoy street food for virtually no cost. You can take the R-1 bus to El Palacío and then just walk a block to discover this gem.

I'd also suggest checking out the bars and restaurants on Av. Yaxchilan.

The concierge, understandably, concentrates on the lowest common denominator and will suggest malls, bars etc in the hotel zone alone. That's not real Cancún/Mexico...

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chintan S
SeaTac, Washington
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Compliments: The hotel is modern, with all you would come to expect of a high end hotel. The Staff is FABULOUS. I could name all the staff I have interacted with and I had a positive experience with all of them with one exception. (*See Critics) I love the pools, the poolside, and beach front. The Bed's are pillow top with the softest sheets known to man. Bathrobe and slippers are provided in the room. The Coffee was great in the hotel and that was the most important thing to me.
Cuisine: SALT had some of the best food I have ever tasted in my life. If you plan to come here GET RESERVATIONS AT THE RESERVATION DESK AT LEAST ONE DAY IN ADVANCE. SILK is Amazing too. Get the Beef Yakisoba so savory with ton of flavor, and the Salmon Tradito! OH MY GOD so good! At the Water Grill if you like Brazilian Grill go for it. But that was too much meat for me however the empandas are great. The Beach House, WOW it was amazing especially for lunch! Loved it.
Creature Comforts: The room amenities are amazing, if you can find a Wifi connection that is strong enough to handle what you need to do it is worth it. This hotel had a lot of ground to make up for, and well we were very impressed with it. We do plan to return, and hopefully this time when we check in we get the bed we want, and no problems upon arrival. Also the Spa YHI has one of the BEST MASSAGE THERAPISTS I HAVE EVER HAD! Antonia is Amazing, So amazing that I booked another appointment with her during my 5 day stay. If I could, I would take her home with me! She is phenomenal! I have never fallen asleep on a massage table before in my life. However I did both times with her! That is how relaxed she got me. And that was REALLY hard to do, considering the stress I was under with this trip. NOW TO THE NOT SO FUN PART~!
Critics/Criticisms: * Checking into the hotel came with a big hiccup. Our reservation was canceled the day before our arrival. Andreas was helpful but it was quite the upsetting experience. If that were to happen in my hotel I would have offered a beverage for the weary traveler, apologized up and down, called the General Manager over, and done everything I could to help. I would not have left it up to the guest who clearly had a reservation to resolve things. I would have stepped up. And after 2 hours of stressing out a guest in the Hotel Lobby, I would have promptly offered that guest a spa treatment, a beverage, or bali bed rental free of charge for the mishap. I was offered nothing. It was not until I complained the next day to my travel representative that something was done. (Something the General Manager should be aware of) We do not know what happened, who's fault it was that our reservation was canceled the day before our arrival however, it was all in all a good stay. We plan to come back to Cancun for the beach and the food and the sun. For our 5 year anniversary it could have been better.

Room Tip: Ocean View does over look the pool, it is nice but on weekends it is noisy. The hotel provides ear p...