“First night here simply AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of ME Cancun

ME Cancun
Ranked #38 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
Largo, Maryland
“First night here simply AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I will give a full review later. Disregard all the negative reviews. The place is way more than I expected. It's day two. But let me start with day one. Transportation was provided and set up by Patty. When we got to the resort we were greeted by sooooooooooo many nice employees. Leo took care of us at the Me-plus checkin, we were given shots of tequila and cold beverages. It's my girlfriends bday and they acknowledged in so many ways. People listen stay in a Level room. It's worth the extra in my opinion. We have a loft suite. When we got to the room. We both were in awe. King bed, flat screen, rain shower bath, large jacuzzi, terrace with the most amazing view, Bali bed on terrace. The terrace overlooks the pool and the bluest waters I've ever scene.

I had scheduled a barefoot dinner on the beach for her bday. 5 course meal. INCLUDED with the loft suite. The food was put together by chef Arturo. My girl is allergic to scallops, we told our server and he and the chef came to offer apologies. It wasn't there fault it's her allergies. Arturo then prepared a special meal for her.

When we returned to the room, it was decorated with red rose petals in the shape of hearts. That was it. I determined then i'll be back in march for my bday.

It's only day one. Let's see what today has to offer.

Oh yeah Marco aka Homer on the beach is great. Works very hard and keeps drink plentiful.

This place gets a thumbs up.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jayy3271

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,198)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
traverse city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I visited ME Cancun with four girlfriends. We had an amazing time at this resort. The staff was incredible! Always helpful, courteous and fun. The food was great. I would recommend the outdoor restaurants by the Beach. We were not disappointed in any way. We will recommend this resort to friends and hopefully return again. Muchas Gracias ME Cancun!

Room Tip: Beach or lagoon side are both incredible views.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank danishbaker
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were there 7 days and relaxed to the max. The staff is always eager to please. We celebrated an anniversary & a birthday. We were greeted with unexpected suprises when we ate, at the bars, & in our room. Carlos, Jada, Felipe, Juan, Karen, Marcos, Rafael...I can't remember them all, but they all remebered us by name. Everyone at ME provided a great experience for us. All inclusive is the way to go, all they ask for is your room number. Tipping isn't expected but we felt it was appreciated even though a person would get the same service regardless. I did see a few bad reviews....I'm not sure where they were staying but it couldn't be the same place.

1 Thank Terry G
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

I honestly cant understand how this place has any positive reviews. Our experience left a lot to be desired. To begin with, it took us 3 hours to check in (an issue with them not having the reservation from Agoda - the agent we booked through). The resort didn't call Agoda to sort it out and left my partner and I to do that. Once Agoda sent them the confirmation, they told us their system wouldn't recognise it for 24hrs so we should pay them again directly and try and get our money back from Agoda (yeah right).
Once we finally checked in, it was impossible to get a restaurant booking for dinner that night. Great - you've paid for an all inclusive resort and you cant even get dinner except for room service which comes at an extra cost. The mini bar gave you two free beers and two free waters - everything else costs extra - including a chocolate bar - are you kidding?!?
Our shower had no hot water on one day, our air conditioning didn't work and when we went to book dinner for our last night (26hrs in advance) they only had one restaurant available and we could choose to eat at 5:30pm or 10pm. The staff at the check-in desk (especially the manager) were beyond rude. There were so many other things that happened during our stay at ME Cancun but my blood pressure is rising just writing this review. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere - anywhere - else!!!

1 Thank JourneyfromMelbourne
Gretna, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Went to ME Cancun with some friends and the resort didn't disappoint. The atmosphere that the resort created with the DJ stationed by the adult pool was great. The service was excellent. Luis and Enrique didn't let any of our drinks get close to being empty. Both of them were great and helped make our trip. I would definitely return to ME Cancun again!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jose A
St. Thomas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

ME was a great place to stay in Cancun! This was my first time to Cancun, but when I come back, I will always stay here. The all inclusive option is amazing. The food is great and atmosphere is amazing. I love the swim up pool bar and all the chairs and cabanas on the beach. The adult pool is also amazing because of the infinity pool and DJ that plays. We went to the Rose Bar every night located in the hotel and loved it. We had such a wonderful experience. Although all the restaurants were excellent, our favorite was Silk Asian cuisine. One of the chefs, Juan Carna, was so wonderful. He went above and beyond making our dining experience memorable. They even offered a hibachi grill, which was awesome. All of the employees were so accommodating to your every need, but a few stuck out to me. Every day we went to the pool beach bar to get drinks with our favorite bartenders, Baldemar Martinez and Agustin. It has been the best service I have ever experienced anywhere. They would accommodate you with anything you needed. Always in a great mood and happy to see you. We spent more time with Baldemar, and I can say he was the hardest worker and the most memorable part of our vacation. I would absolutely recommend ME to anyone coming to Cancun. There's so much to do, you don't ever have to leave the resort.

Room Tip: Ocean view are beautiful, but the suites are amazing.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Candice W
Bloomington, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I took a quick 5 day vacation to getaway and relax in luxury and this was the perfect destination and hotel. We go to Cancun somewhat often and as soon as we discovered the ME while on a walk one of the trips, knew we wanted to stay here asap. The ME delivered in every way. The food was consistently exceptional, whether poolside, on the beach, at the breakfast bar, the restaurants or late night room service (also, considering special dietary needs: i'm a veg with a shellfish allergy). The service was comprehensive, extremely friendly and attentive. Alejandro Gonzalez ("Alex") always took wonderful care of us, keeping the colorful frozen cocktails coming when we weren't sure what to order. He treated us like family and was accommodating in every possible way. We were very happy with the service he provided. Nadele(?) was also terrific as well as all the other staff we encountered. I wish i could recall their names! We were truly treated as though this was "all about us" at every step of the way and with all of the staff. The vibe about wellness really comes through in the positive messages left by housekeeping staff (and the personal well-wish message from concierge), the relaxing music/aromas throughout the hotel and the warm greetings by the staff. No detail was overlooked! So impressive and indulgent.

2 Thank Rebecca N