“this hotel sucks !!!”

Ranked #38 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
new york
“this hotel sucks !!!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

first of all i never really complain , but i must say this hotel is not really all inclusive , room service cost you $5 ( delivery charge ).. The soda they serve you taste like water and when you ask for a can , it like you asked for a refund , Dont know who they saving them for .. The hotel looks really nice ... service at adult pool is great .. make sure you only use things in your room with the green sticker or its a charge .. Food wasnt really good ...

Room Tip: some where other then here if you want good food , and all inclusive ... stay here for a nice lookin...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
paolamelchor, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cancun, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear bugzy130
I am truly sorry to read your experience was not satisfactory and that we failed at leaving the right impression on you. I appreciate your commentaries since they help us identify posible áreas of improvement within the hotel and act consequently to correct them.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,204)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed July 30, 2013

me and my bf stay st Me Cancun 7/26-7/30,we absolutely loved it.we got a transfer to hotel first and after back to airport with olympus tour,very organized and fast.
by arriving to hotel our luggage was taking care of staff, we checked in fisrt and had to wait a lil for the room to be ready cuz came early.girls and guys on front desk were really nice and offered us to have lunch before we get the room.so we went to Beach house,Andres was grear,he and chef did my order exactly the way i need it.im on a diet and cant eat and fat,just lean products ,so i was a pain for everybody there:))) but really appreciate that in every single restaurant in out great hotels chefs did the best for me,and i loved it!we had a great vibe ocean front room,thank u to our housekeeper Estela,every day she was creatung some new style in out room,really appreacite her great imagination.hotel is beautiful inside,clean and smells very nice like in spa.we have 4 dinners there ,one was in water grill but after that we went to Silk cuz it wasnt much for me to eat there.so i can say 4 from 4nights we went to Silk which has hibachi as well.want to thank the hibachi chef separetely Juan Cerna,he is really great cook and an amazing person.he cook food for me without oil,dressinf and any sauces and it tasted out of this world.Carlos,Marcos,Raul at Silk restaurant r the sweetest waiters ive ever met.host Sandra was very patiented with me as well:))) went to Chechen Itza tour,it was great and worth it.also Arturos at the front invitrd us to see new hotel Paradisus and we got our vip card of the hotel.no kids,so its good for couples and sungles if u want to have some privacy.
i will deff recommend this hotel for everyone to go!!u will love it as much as we did!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear go123now
Thank you so much for sharing such a nice review! We simpy love to read about amazing experiences like yours. I am glad our staff was able to go beyond your expectations and that they were able to make your stay an unforgettable experience. We look forward to hosting you back.
London, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I went to this resort in June. The food , friendly service and resort is very good. It is an Adult oriented resort and loved it! I had AURA room with Ocean View. We did not have a balcony. We were in room 331 facing the pool and ocean. In the room there is a mini-fridge and drinks- water, chips, pop, etc with yellow and green stickers. The products with Yellow stickers on them are free and included with the all inclusive package. The products with Green stickers are chargeable and will be paid at check out.

This resort is a “Ying, Yang” resort as Mon-Fri is more quiet and relaxing with Spa music playing in the hallways, restaurants, etc. Sat is the Beach Party with a Live DJ by the pool in the afternoon then on the beach and Heineken Advertisement in the evening and goes on until 3 am. The Rose Bar has an open deck for part of it and is open every night ( no shorts allowed). On Sunday it has a live DJ and it is very loud and a party . Note: Some room categories include Ear plugs in the room if close to the Disco ( Rose Bar).

4 restaurants- all are a la carte for Dinner and reservations must be made the day before and can easily be booked at the desk from 9-5 pm just outside the Salt/Silk Restaurant area.

Beach- many nice beach chairs with umbrellas and small tables. You can get drinks from the bar at the “Beach House restaurant”. Also there are some waiters that go around the beach getting drinks for you (expect to give a tip). The waiters can also get you food…again, expect to tip. The beach is soft white clean sand and the ocean was clear clean aqua blue with gentle to medium waves. You can walk out quite far in the ocean as it is not deep. Beautiful! It is nice to take a long walk either direction along this gorgeous Cancun beach. There are “Beds” on the beach for rental/usage for $40 USD per day or you must purchase a bottle of liquor from a special list of choices and the least expensive bottle is $120 USD. This is practical for a group/family of 6 people to use one bed on the beach.

2 pools… one is “Club” side and all the beds must be purchased for the day. There isn’t any regular pool chairs here. The infinity pool is here and everyone can swim in it. The beds are $40 USD per day for max of 8-10 people (must double check this) or you can purchase The beds with a Canopy by the main pool is free and first come first serve. People put towels on these free beds at 7 am to hold them. The beds with the Hut type roof are $40 for the day.

The location was excellent as the Plaza Isla- a Shopping area just 5 minute walk from the ME Cancun resort. It is an outdoor Mall with nice stores including Starbucks Café, Louis Vouton, Armani, Nike, Apple, Hooters restaurant, Zora, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hill Figure.

It is easy to take a bus to the hip hop downtown area where there is Coco Bongo bar, Hooters, Sr Frog etc. The local bus passes every 10 minutes in front of the resort and is $1 USD each way.

The ONLY thing I did not like about this resort is the fact that most rooms do not have a balcony. Other then this, all was excellent!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Nicky B
Dear Nicky4477
Thank you very much for having taken some part of your valuable time to write such a detailed review of your most recent experience with us. We love to read about amazing experiences like yours, it truly helps us feel encouraged to keep up the good work! We definetely apreciate the time you took to share your experience with millions of travelers. We look forward to hosting you back soon!
New Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Firts time writing a review. 7/21/13-7/28/13 I went for anniversary and my hubby's bday. I booked because it was only adults but I found they have kids. I have 2 little ones so my husband and I wanted to spend time alone w/not kids. I didnt mind but the hotel is not a family hotel is more for couples and singles. Please dont bring kids cause people get drunk and they start making out and rubbing to each other as a mother I dont want my kids seeing that type of behavior. The hotel was really pretty, smell good, service was out of this world and food amazing. The first day try to make reservation for restaurans , you can booked every two days. We were in the 9 floor view to the bahia. I love it cause they have parties going on and I didnt hear no noise. The only thing my husband and I dont like they play techno music all day long that's the concept of the hotel if u like it u would love it. But we r latinos and we like to dance spanish music and hip hop, so it got boring. You can go to coco bongo and other clubs for $65 dollars per person but they play techno also for that we stay at the hotel. We have la Isla shopping mall two blocks away, the clothes is expensive but shoes r cheap and u can do shopping for souvenirs n irs for the family too. If you want to go to the Mercado 28to shop Is pretty safe to ride the buses take the bus number 2 for $8 pesos per person alot of tourism ride them. When I booked I tought it came w ride from airport to hotel and hotel to airport. This people from grey line charges us 65 but my husband put a face and he looks so mean they went to 55 dont do it the taxis r safe and u can pay $30 for a ride. Every hotel has taxis the companies of taxis put them for easy access to the tourist they charge $30 if you need them to go back to the airport use them. Becarful to use ur credit cards 6 years ago we went w my sisters and theystole the number but my brother in law got a phone call from the credit company saying if he authorized couple transaction he say no they froze the account completly. We went to xcaret park beautiful park all worth it. The company that took us tried to hassle us selli g camaras water proof, spray for mosquitoes and u cannot use whatever sun block they sell a specific sunblock. I didnt bought any of those things I had 3 sunblocks in backpack at the entrance u have to give it to the security people they give u a number and a little packet of sunblock that they sell. So what I did I have my sunblock and my husband gave the otherone and we got two packets remember u r in a jungle u r not gonna get burn as if u were at the beach we use only one. Invest ur money in waterproof case for ur smartphone or buy a waterproof camara is worth it.the best waiter ever at the beach diego and carlos jimenez they got out of the way to served u.next time I would bring my kids to cancun but I would look for a family hotel.

Room Tip: Choose the view to the bahia u would not hear noise from the party they end until 5 am
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jenniffer M
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other travelers! We are really glad to read you had an enjoyable time with your husband. I appreciate your commentaries regarding the music in the hotel and we will definetely taken them into consideration. We will be sharing your feedback with Diego and Carlos so they are encouraged to keep up the good work! thank you very much and we look forward to hosting you back.
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

ME Cancun was a beautiful resort with luxury style rooms, great window views, awesome restaurants and food, and amazing beaches. However, the resort was very warm inside, sometimes hotter than outside. It was uncomfortable trying to relax inside the resort due to the very warm temperature. The resort employees were all very nice and courteous however the food service was very slow and the bar tenders were even worse. We spent over 45 minutes in the evenings at each bar attempting to order drinks and one night we finally just gave up after having to order the same drink 3 or 4 times. There was one bartender, Javier Castillo, who really went out of his way to provide us with the best and most prompt service. He was a very courteous and professional staff member and really helped make our experience at the resort much better! He was the best hotel employee to help with any assistance. The resort was in a great location to downtown Cancun as well.

I would stay at ME Cancun again. I hope however, they can develop better processes for accommodating guests at the restaurants and bar areas and they definitely need to get the A/C working.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the beach had great views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Cody L
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and for considering staying with us in the future despite the áreas of improvement you may have encountered. I am glad that Javier was able to change your perception and recover your experience. I can assure you your commentaries will be taken into deep consideration for future action. I am truly sorry for any inconveniences we may have caused to you.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed on The Level which was a very nice upgrade an included admittance to the beach club a private pool, bar and activities. Nice inclusion if you are age 25-35. On the level the hotel staff was very attentive we received a private check-in and check-out with excellent concierge service. Jorge, Miguel, Christina went above and beyond service to ensure we were OK!

Room Tip: Staying on The Level you cannot hear the loud music from the Beach club and rose bar; however this i...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear BeachTraveller03
Thanks for sharing your review with millions of travelers! We deeply appreciate your kind remarks towards our staff service. We truly appreciate the time you took and we hope to host you again in the near future.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you don't like ME Cancun, you're too stuck up and you need to calm yourself.
Booked via CheapCarribean 5 days 4 nights. Bought the transportation package(50$) to drop me from Airport to resort. It was a nice Mercedes van that picked us up- and 2 other parties up. Didn't mind sharing, cheaper than a cab and they took us back to the airport.

Arrived at the Hotel and people are eager to help you with your bag, we tipped.
Lobby/ 1st floor smells really nice and is elaborately decorated. We checked in... they gave us this annoying green wrist band that they securely attach to your wrist, then we went to the room.

I stayed in the Aura room. Lagoon view. Small downfalls with my room
- i thought it had a tub but it didn't (which was fine)
- the TV wasn't cable and didn't have English channels (wasn't there to watch TV anyways)
- WiFi was spotty (only had good WiFi in certain corners of the room).
- My boyfriend who likes to live in full blast AC didn't like the fact that the AC wasn't super strong. Room was on a comfortable 78 degree F.
I considered upgrading so i can have a tub but 100$ more wasn't worth it. Stayed on the 6th floor, was very quiet. The hallways' view of the ocean was AWESOME. The property is smaller than i expected.
For breakfast we ate at the buffet. They had everything from cereal to omelette maker station, waffle maker section, smoothie maker station, pancakes, bacon, tomales, omg soo much stuff.

For lunch we ate at either Beach house or Water Grill.
For dinner we ate at Salt (Mediterranean food), Silk (Asian/Latin fusion) and the International Buffet. OOOOOOOMG the FOOOOD was AWESOME. Jeeezzz. I read bad reviews on the food. I didn't like Silk that much. i didn't like the selection. Sushi was good tho.
My favorite thing at Salt- Premium Spatha.
Drinks were very good. I'm not a big drinker so i would just tell them what i had a taste for and they made stuff. i loved the pink panther (pink pinacolada), mango mojito, black zombie. I mostly drank mango mojitos made with Malibu rum.

The staff is VERY nice. Some were a little reserved and i feel like its because they don't understand English but most of them speak enough English and try to even learn the language.
One thing that was on my mind was tips because of reviews i read here. People made it seem like the workers were tip obsessed and they're not. My boyfriend and i tipped as if we were going to an American restaurant because the food was that awesome. also tipping well doesn't benefit your service because they're all nice, but we never got the same server twice sooo....

The beach was fantastic... soo clean. we didn't utilize the beds and beach lounges. There are 3 pools, the pool water was sooo warm, relaxing and nice. the infinity pool was our favorite spot to be.

This hotel also helps conserve sea turtles. One night we saw them taking the baby turtles out. it was a cute experience.

We came to relax and catch up on sleep and spend quality time, and that we did. If you're looking for thrills you need to go outside the hotel for that.

ALSO-- Don't go to Market 28 unless 1. you've been there before and know exactly where it is or 2. someone who knows exactly where it is takes you

This is all i can think of right now. In conclusion i had a GREAT time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank shegoessheshares
Dear shegoessheshares
Thank you so much for having taken some part of your valuable time to share your experience with tons of travelers! We deeply apreciate your detailed review and the fact that now other travelers can get to know more about the ME experience. We truly apreciate your kind remarks and look forward to hosting you again in the near future.