“Not all it's cracked up to be”
Review of ME Cancun

ME Cancun
Ranked #38 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Not all it's cracked up to be”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed at ME April 20-27. After reading the mixed reviews on TripAdvisor, we were sure it couldn't be as bad as some people had expressed and were very excited at all ME seemed to offer. We decided to upgrade and stay on The Level. This was our 7th trip to Cancun/Riviera Maya and have always stayed at all-inclusives, including Dreams, Royal Solaris, Golden Parnassus, Riu's, etc. Needless to say, we are relatively experienced travelers and know what to expect from all-inclusives. We've never had a bad trip until this one, and unfortunately, we couldn't wait to leave.

I think there's a disconnect between how the hotel is perceived vs. the actual experience. We stayed on 'The Level', after reading reivews that this would be the best bet and would recieve the best service. I'll start with the concierge: while the idea of a concierge is nice, they don't actually do much. They were very nice and professional but mostly smile and and say, "I'm sorry, I'll do my best." Our dinner reservations fell through one evening and they couldn't get us in anywhere, we tried to reserve the cabana by the infinity pool (that is included in The Level package) and were told the pool was closed and under maintenance for the next 3 days (this never occurred, the pool was open our whole trip). We stayed in an ocean front room on the 10th floor, and the room was very nice. However, this was the first resort we've stayed in that advertises 'snacks and drinks' included in your all-inclusive and by 'snacks', they mean 1 single serve bag of potato chips (replaced only every other day) and 1 small bag of corn nuts. We had to request (daily) that more than 2 small bottles of water be replaced. Only beer was included in the Level, however if you ask, they will send you a bottle of ME Cancun Tequila at no charge. Everything else is for purchase at additional charges. The Thursday-Saturday night noise level is a bit difficult to handle. The ear plugs on the nightstand was our first tip that it could get loud, and it does. I would recommend getting a lagoon facing room, as those are away from the club music, have a pretty view and you would be able to see the sunset.

The service throughout the resort was, as a whole, the worst we've ever had at an all-inclusive. By our second day, to say we were frustrated is an understatement. There were a few that were very courteous and helpful, such as our server on the beach and Luis at the Rose Bar, but other than that it was very disappointing. We are generally great tippers but at times, it felt that we couldn't get someone's attention to throw money at them! When we finally did get a pool cabana the last day of our trip, our server disappeared for over 2 hours at one point. I was very thankful we hadn't paid the $40 fee for the cabana and received that level of service on top of it!

Finding a place to sit is a struggle, whether it be on the beach or by the pool. 90% of the chairs are taken up by 8:15am and the umbrellas have to be requested. There are a limited number of those as well and many times you ask, only to be told 'sorry, we are out.' Then 10 minutes later you'll see them putting an umbrella in for someone else. (This occurred to us numerous times throughout our trip) Our first day we had no where to sit on the resort property, as every chair was taken. After asking our concierge, he sent us to the 'pool concierge,' and the pool concierge pointed us in another direction to a different employee, who then ignored us.

The food is OK, Salt was probably our favorite. The drinks are all watered down, as many people on here state. WIth The Level, you are supposed to have top shelf liquor included. When we asked for it (and you do have to ask, regardless of your bracelet color), half the time we were told they were out of it. The service for both lunch and dinner is very slow, but the best service was at the Waterfront Grille. The romantic dinner on the beach would have been nice, but ours was scheduled on a night that there was a wedding reception on the beach not only at this hotel, but the one next door simultaneously, as well. We wished that the concierge would have let us know that a wedding would be going on outside when we scheduled the dinner, but no biggie.

All in all, it was a big let down. We left ME extremely tired and frustrated, and felt that The Level was definitely not worth the up charge and there are many other resorts in Cancun that you will get much better service at half the cost!

Room Tip: We would recommend not paying the extra money for the ocean front rooms, as those get very loud. Th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,204)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Honestly i work at a hotel on south beach and my manager sure bring our staff over here to learn how to do customer service. This hotel from top to bottom is one of the best hotels i been too. MY favorite person in the hotel is william the boos of the bartenders he even make a special drink for me from reserved liquor . HE THE BEST and all the bartender are nice and friendly besides super helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Benny F
Riverdale, New Jersey
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I spent 12 days at the Me Cancun with great food, EXCELLENT SERVICE and a great venue. Its location also made it really easy for us to move around and enjoy the city, either with a pre-arranged tour guide or on our own.

The hotel concierge, Gilberto, as well as many of the waiting staff, such as the young busboy in the Beachouse Restaurant, Alberto were outstanding. Their effort and commitment to make each and all of the clients was remarkable.

Room Tip: Depending on the budget of each person, it seems that all rooms were built to provide each couple/fa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pilar V
paolamelchor, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cancun, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Pilar V
We deeply apreciate your kind review! It is always nice to read about great experiences like yours. We thank you for sharing with tons of travelers. I would also like to add that I will be sharing your comments with Gilberto and Alberto from Beachhouse, so they are aware about your remarks and will be sure that a note goes to their HR file. Let us know whenever you are coming back to ME!
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We just returned from a conference held at the Me and I was not enthused about being on the Cancun strip. We prefer resorts with greenery and smaller buildings. After 24 hours my opinion changed regarding the location. The staff, namely Armando, Ricardo, Miguel and Gabby provided amazing service. The food was the best we have had at an all-inclusive and the beach was clean and you could walk for as many kilometres as you wanted. We would definitely go back.

David and Sue, Richmond, Quebec Canada

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank David1212_12
Dear David1212_12
Thank you very much for sharing your review with other travelers, I am truly glad to read that we were able to change your mind about being on the Strip. We work really hard to create a special ambiance, to make our guests feel special and not part of a mass. I am truly happy that we were able to build that vibe for you! We definetely look forward to hosting you back!
California, USA
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Let me start by saying that you can receive a lot more for your money in Cancun, then what you will get with Me by Melia Cancun. And let me add, that it was the one of the worst hotels that in which I have ever lodged.

First of all, my girlfriend and I, were greeted by a very nice concierge staff. We decided to stay in the Loft Suite, and so we paid a little bit more in order to enjoy the beach front and a bigger room. Me Cancun calls this the "The Level". So, if you are a Level customer you get a concierge on the 10th floor to check you in and out. They are also your point of information if you need advice or direction on where to go during your stay. They were very polite and professional at all times.

One thing that you have keep in mind at this hotel, is that if you are not a Level customer, you pay a $5 delivery charge for room service and you do not get unlimited alcoholic drinks (no alcoholic shots allowed unless you pay extra).

Our first evening at Me Cancun, we decided to reserve a table at the Silk hotel. It's basically an Asian cuisine mixed with Latin taste. The food was not bad. I preferred the Spicy Tuna Roll, it was a different taste. The Sashimi was tasty as well. I give credit to being nearby the beach for fresh seafood. The service was very good. The server was attentive, but not pushy.

On our 2nd day, we decided we wanted to go to the pool. On our previous night, we took a little stroll around the resort, and noticed it had an infinity pool. So, as we headed to the infinity pool, we were greeted at a check-in desk, and we were informed that we could not go in unless we reserved a Bali Bed and/or Bottle Service with a Bali Bed. We were never informed of this by our concierge and we never read it at the hotel's website. So, we went to the regular pool. So, let's recap. Me Cancun has 3 main pools, a large pool for most guests, and an infinity pool with a large pool next to it which cannot be used unless you pay extra. This almost dampened our mood at this resort, but we're not there yet.

The next night, we decided to book a romantic dinner by that beach at the Water Grille. This was by far, our best experience at this resort. By far. We were given a pre-selected menu by our concierge, and I have to say that the food was very good. However, what made the difference was the FANTASTIC service we received from our server. I failed to recall his name, and that is on me. However, he was outstanding. One of the best servers ever.

Now on our second day (Thursday) we decided to obtain a reservation for Salt. This restaurant, for some reason, was the most sought out restaurant at Me Cancun. So, the concierge (in fact the manager to the concierge) made a reservation for Saturday night. This is 3 days in advance, and we were told it was done. Well, come Saturday afternoon, I decided to contact Salt directly to confirm the reservation. They informed me that I did not have a reservation, and that it was completely booked. At this point I was a bit upset, but again, I was not going to let this dampen my mood. I went to the 10th floor, and spoke to the concierge and he mentioned he did not know what happened to my reservation at Salt. He said he was going to do everything possible to obtain one, and worst case scenario would be to have a reservation for Silk, once again. A few hours later, the concierge calls me and mentions that there are no reservations available for Salt, but that he "tried his hardest, to obtained a reservation for Silk, even though they were completely booked"; those were his words, verbatim. So, fine, we needed to eat that evening, since we believed the concierge would handle their business as they should, and we did not make any other plans. As we arrived, and were served our food at Silk, we noticed that there were 8 tables open, during our time slot. We were there with a our friends (another couple), and took about 1 1/2 hours to eat and and leave. Through out the time there were 8 tables open.

If there's one thing I hate, it is lies. Specially, coming from individuals who represent an establishment dedicated for service. This was ridiculous. I was upset at this point. My theory is that the concierge obtain "tips" for restaurant reservations during peak times, and when it is more valuable for certain customers willing to shell out those "tips" for the concierge. This is how the world works, I get it. Too bad to be on the other side of the fence, and money was never an issue. It's the lies to get around, that upset me. We also noticed 2 other couples being turned away at the Salt check-in due to no reservations, and with reason being upset at the service. Could have been also a "computer" error? Perhaps. However, we were never given or offered additional perks for the "honest" mistake.

Also, the food and service at Salt was not very good either. Food was bland and , and the servers were not as good as the Water Grille.

The best food we had at Me Cancun was at the Water Grille. This is mainly for meat lovers. The food was very tasty, and the servers were outstanding. If anything, this is the restaurant that should be hard to get in to, and not Salt.

I provided my concierge with an opportunity to redeem himself. And so, we wanted to go to a night club in downtown Cancun on Sunday night. My concierge, Jose Maria, mentioned the Mandala Night Club. He mentioned he had a good relationship with the Promotions Representative of the club, and that they could provide bottle service, table and unlimited drinks for roughly $120 dollars (which was the least expensive bottle, according to him). And so we signed-up. When we arrived there, the least expensive bottle was Cirac for $225, and so once again, our concierge let us down. We decided to stay, and at least have a good time. Again, money was not really an issue, but it's the principle of things. As we were about to leave, the server came over and provided us with the check for $445. Yup, the club was charging for all the additional drinks. Our concierge mentioned that everything was included for the bottle service. And according to the club manager, this was not the case. After arguing with him for almost an hour, he finally decided to honor the details given by our concierge. If there was some kind of misinformation between my concierge, the club promoted and the club manager, that is not my problem. The Me Cancun concierge should have doubled-checked with them, before sending his client(s) to that establishment. I have reason to believe that the concierge is receiving some sort of kick-back gratuity from the club promoter for sending Me Cancun clients to the club for bottle service. At this point, I was very angry, at the poor service provided by the Me Cancun concierge. One of the perks of being a Level customer at Me Cancun, is to have a personal concierge. This was not the case, obviously.

Let's talk about the rooms at Me Cancun. The rooms are pretty good. The Loft Suite in which we stayed was decorated nicely, and the housekeeping staff was excellent at cleaning and provided anything that we needed. Nevertheless, on Friday night, my girlfriend noticed little tiny bugs crawling on our bed (roughly about 20-30). And we looked at their trail, and they were coming out from a poorly-seated flood light. This was not the end of the world, but the last thing you want to see at a resort is bugs crawling on your bed. I know we were not the only room with that issue, since a customer was highly upset as he complained to a concierge about the issue.

My final issue with Me Cancun was on our last day there, a Wednesday. We went to the the Beach House Restaurant. On our previous visit there, Saturday afternoon, it literally took 1 hour, for us to obtain the food we ordered. This restaurant was one of the worst experience I have had at a restaurant. The food itself, it is very bland, lacking taste and texture. However, on our last day were were told we could not have any more.

If you are a Level customer, there is a "secret" menu in which they have fresh oysters. We ordered 3 servings of oysters a a couple of days before with out an issues. The manager on duty on this day (4/24/2013), sent the server to let us know that would could only have 1 serving, and any additional oysters would be for a fee. Re-damn-diculous. This was it. How does Me Cancun call itself "all-inclusive"?

Cancun has far too many resorts to choose from, which are a much better value. Oh, and I almost forgot the kicker. Me Cancun serves the worst cocktail drinks. They are watered down like crazy. They are all sugar and water. There were times I felt compelled to say "Can I get a Cuba Libre, please? This time add alcohol." The problem with this is that it is not the bartenders fault, it is management. And again, you pay extra for if you are not a Level customer for any shots you may want to order. So, if you want to have an actual cocktail drink, do not go to Me Cancun. Try another resort.

All in all, I will never stay at the Melia Resort, ever again. You feel like you are nickle-and-dimed the whole time. One of the perks of an "all-inclusive" resort is room service. The food was terrible for room service. The menu is also very limiting.

I consider myself a very patient individual, and this resort really got to me. It sincerely made my stay in Cancun less enjoyable. So, please, do yourself a favor and choose another resort. Me Cancun does have a trendy feel to it, but it's not worth it. It's all looks, and no show.

Room Tip: The higher the better for rooms. There's is club music playing almost every night. Also, Level c...
7 Thank Donald C
Dear f00man
I would like to share with you I deeply apreciate you having taken the time to post a review, It is always very important for us to have an open communication channel with our guests in order to be able to identify possible areas of improvement and act consequently to correct them. I would like to apologize for any inconveniences we may have caused to you. I would like to share that I understand you are under the impression that you need to pay to access the infinity pool, but this is not correct. Access to the infinity pool and the beach club where we hold our dailiy dj parties is free of charge and open to all our guests. It is true that to have a bali bed there is a rental fee or a bottle service but we also have cushions and build in pool beds which are free of charge and there for anyone to enjoy. We do not charge to access parties and I am truly sorry to read the impression you had was different. I understand as well you were not satisfied with the service provided by the ME+ host and I would like to share that we deeply apologize for not having honored your reservation, specially since you booked Salt 3 days in advanced. As our staff explained there must have been an error in the system, however that is no excuse and I understand we affected your experience. When it comes to getting you seated at a different restaurant, I understand Jose Maria explained it had been difficult to find an open seating for you. I have checked our files and it is true that the restaurant was completely booked, however we can not control when guests decide to change their dinner plans last minute and leave open spaces in restaurants. I am truly sorry to read this made you feel as I he had lied to you but our main objective is our guests satisfaction, I can assure you that if there had been open spaces we would have been the first interested in getting those for you. When it comes to the situation you experienced at the club in the night centre down the strip, I would like to offer my most sincere apologies. The hotel has no relation nor control over other businesses prices, procedures or inclusions, I understand that Jose Maria was misinformed and that led to a confussive situation at the nightclub you visited. I am truly sorry and we have taken the necessary corrective measures to this matter. When it comes to the bugs you report in your room, I would like to share that being in a tropical destination, plague control is really important for us, hence we have several processes and auditing inspections to ensure our customers we have a safe and higyenic environment. Being your room a loft suite with a terrace, sometimes specially in rainy days ants may crawl into the room. I am truly sorry this happened, but I also understand the situation was immediately fixed to your satisfaction. I would also like to shar with you there is no secret menu for guests staying at ME+, the menu you refer to is the chef´s specials menu and these one is available for all guests. Me+ guests have this menu included and Complete ME Guests can have the items listed on the menu upon an extra charge. I understand you were denied the items of the menu and as of now we are doing a full investigation to find out who denied you this in order to take the necessary measures. I am truly sorry for any inconveniences we may have caused to you. We are a brand based in the personalization of service and after reading your review I understand we failed at leaving that impresion on you and for that I am truly sorry. We honestly hope you give us another chance in the future so that we can gain you back as a customer.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Let me start by saying that the ME concept is new and fresh. I spent one New Year's at the ME Madrid and many evenings enjoying the rooftop ambiance there. The ME Cancun is modern, chic, and clearly designed with young adults in mind. This hotel is on the strip of beautiful beach in Cancun with light sand and beautiful blue water.

I stayed here with my girlfriend at the end of April, 2013. The purpose of the trip was to both enjoy a beach vacation and evaluate hotels for event planning purposes. In the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that my girlfriend received a certificate for three all-inclusive nights because part of her job was to select hotels for (and manage) large destination events. We only ended up staying two nights because of travel issues, and after the ME spent two more nights at another Cancun hotel which we enjoyed much more located in the same general area .

CHECK-IN was normal, and we were referred to a staff member at a desk who would introduce us to the property. This was a pleasant experience, and informative, but it was obvious that it was intended as a sales pitch for various "extras" available for purchase. I was annoyed by the third time the staff member quipped about the spa and massages available 'Down here in Mexico, the gentleman treats the lady to massages at the spa.' The three quips were obviously intended to create pressure for purchasing spa services and it was uncomfortable - having just checked in, I felt blitzed with pressure to spend more.

We were upgraded to a Style Suite on the 11th floor with a Lagoon (not ocean) view. This was a pleasant view and certainly better than a parking lot or another hotel. We assumed this nice surprise was due to the nature of our visit (evaluating the hotel). The 11th floor is the top floor and is part of the "LEVEL club," which is intended to give extra benefits for a higher price. We were unfortunately only given the room without the added benefits.

FOOD:The food was always good, with ample variety and attentive, friendly food service. I had fish tacos which simple yet tasty, sushi, and a bowl of asian beef noodles. We also had quesadillas and guacamole with chips in our cabana.

CABANA: The following day we purchased a daybed/cabana. We had seen the mixed reviews and decided to pony up the extra money to ensure our day was everything we wanted it to be. The bottles of premium water and fruit (the ones advertised in the website pictures) were absent, but our server was there to take our first order of the day. This is where the experience begins to turn sour. Our drinks came about ten minutes later, which is reasonable for a busy time, but at 11am, no other cabanas had yet been taken in our area. Thereafter, service was extremely slow. It took 20-45 minutes for most of our orders throughout the day - this being in a cabana we paid extra for. Often we went on our own to the pool bar to get drinks, trying to just have a good time and not let poor service frustrate us. A number of the drinks we got were simply bad, the drinks were not just 'not good' but that they were so bad we could not drink them. At the end of the day, we had 5 drink orders and 2 food orders fulfilled (in the 6 hours we spent in the cabana). For this we tipped $20 (~20% of the retail of what we had ordered). We received a required but disappointed 'thank you.'

DRINKS:The drinks were in small flimsy plastic cups with 6-10 sips for a rocks drink. Larger pilsner-type hard plastic cups were in circulation for other guests. They were unavailable to us for a variety of reasons (depending on who we asked), all of which were pretty obvious lies. We learned from our cabana neighbors that this was because we didn't give our server (or the bar servers) a big pre-service tip - despite the note on the bottom of each bill (for each drink order) that tip was included in the "ME Complete" (all-inclusive). We are not tip-stiffs, and default to 20% tip back home for good service. The service model for drinks here at ME Cancun was tip significantly beforehand to buy service instead of tipping after to reward good service.

BEACH BAR: We spent some time on the beach, and although there was supposed to be drink service we didn't get any. I have no problem walking to a beach bar, so that wasn't a big deal for me. The first round we got I tipped with a 20 Peso note which is ~$2. The second time I approached about 40 minutes later the bartender was speaking to a server. I was the only person at the bar and obviously wanted to order. Both looked at me and continued the conversation for almost three full minutes (I was timing because we were evaluating the hotel). In order to test the waters, I tipped 50 pesos this time for two drinks and was met with a real "thank you." Next time I saw that bartender was inside at Rose Bar and he was friendly and attentive. From this experience and from the pool bar, I gathered that the ~$5 for a two drink order will buy good service, while ~$2 for a two drink order is basically received as no tip at all.

At this hotel we felt extorted for tips. We were ignored at the well-staffed swim up bar each time we approached for some time. When we were finally served the first time, our $2 tip for two easy drinks was not met with any gratitude, and quite a disgruntled look from the bartender who quickly turned around to deposit the tip in the large, prominently displayed tip bucket. We were ignored for a time the second time around ordering and felt no desire to tip at the pool bar from that point on, as well as a growing sense of frustration. Watching the bartenders I observed that they excitedly opened each receipt binder and were either happy and thanked the customer or simply ignored the customer based on the tip. This attitude, held by the three bartenders at the pool bar (which had only 8-10 seats) and our cabana waitress, completely ruined our experience at ME. The inconsistency and size of drinks, coupled with the lies we were told about the larger cups added to the negative feeling we left the hotel with.

This is very unfortunate because the hotel is new and nice, the setting is lovely, the food service staff were very attentive, warm and friendly. Had the bulk of our days seen at least mediocre service we would have enjoyed the stay much more. Had we not felt so overtly the pull of the staff trying to extract as much as possible from our wallets, this hotel might have been in contention for significant business in the future. I started the trip with a very positive image of ME hotels, and left with a very poor one.

A little perspective: I have extensive travel experience in terms of geographical dispersion and price level, from a $2/night stay in Southeast Asia, to extravagant beach vacation suites in the $1,000s/ per night. I have, on the whole, had much better all-around experiences at much less expensive hotels.

RECOMMENDATION: There are plenty of hotels in the Cancun area - stay at a different one. I don't think I am allowed to name the other hotel we stayed at on the same trip, but it was much more pleasant and enjoyable (even though it wasn't free). If you are set on the ME, expect to spend a lot on tips per day to purchase the service you expect from a nice resort. Tip a lot, tip early, tip well or the service will dry up and you will get slow service and bad drinks.

3 Thank TravelerTW415
Dear TravelerTW415
I deeply apreciate the time you took to write your review. It is important for us to be able to communicate with you and offer an honorable response. I am truly sorry to read that your experience was not a satisfactory one not only because we may have lost you as a customer but also because the experience you describe is the opposite to the experience the ME brand proposes. I deeply apreciate your honest review and I deeply apologize for the terrible impression we left on you. We are as of now taking your review truly seriously and have had a meeting with the bartending staff in order for them to understand how their attitude affects the guests´experience and we have already tracked those involved in your service and the necessary corrective measures have been taken. We work really hard to hire staff who care about our guests experience, we understand how tips may improve their quality of life, but tips have to be earned not demanded. We are the very first interested in not having people who base their service, friendliness and attitude on the tip they recieve among our staff so you can be sure we will take the necessary measures. I would also like to share with you we would have been gald to assist you at the time you were still in house if we had known about this. However after looking for the details of your stay I could not find a report of this situation. We apreciate your input and we will work diligently to ensure this does not happen again to you or to any other guest. We deeply hope you give us another chance in the future.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed here from April 25-30th, just returned yesterday. I booked this through JetBlue Getaways. I have to admit, I was a bit concerned after reading some of the negative reviews here. I have to say I really do not understand some of these reviews. Either these people were at a completely different resort than me, or they are just far more picky than me.

Here is my take:
--We checked in late (10 p.m.) the first night so perhaps that is why we didn't experience any delays. The process was quick.

--We had booked a basic room (can't remember what they are called), and planned on asking for an upgrade the second night if the room was not satisfactory. However, the room was great...larger than many here have made them out to sound, and was always clean, comfortable, etc.

--While it is maybe not 5 star dining, the food was far better than I expected. Silk was my absolute favorite. If you go there, ask for Marco! He was by far the best staff person we met anywhere on the resort. Nice/funny guy and he offered great recommendations on what to order. We made a point to go back to Silk on our last night and have Marco serve us. He deserves to be commended!

--Salt was also very good. The Beachouse was good..I enjoyed it more for a lunch spot than dinner. And the Water Grill was good, but not quite my style as you do not order...they keep brining different kinds of food to sample. good food though, and I am sure many like it. Lastly, the grille at the pool makes a great burger if you are looking for something more casual at lunch.

--We really enjoyed the beach and the pool. Both were fatnastic, and I found the wait staff there to be great. I never found myself waiting too long for a drink, and never felt the pressure others mentioned to tip. perhaps that is because I always offered a tip when presented with a drink. But $1-$2 USD seemed to be fine with anyone we dealt with.

--There is a nightclub that can get loud. We were on the 2nd floor and while we could hear it, it never bothered us.

--The only complaint I have is availability of beach umbrellas. The staff providing those were not all that attentive and claimed that no umbrellas were left....only to see other people getting umbrellas later. However, if you ask enough, you will eventually get one. They key is to get your spot at the beach or pool reserved early. Just putting a towel or book on a chair will hold if for you.

I have been to other all inclusives with varied results. I have to say this was one of the best, if not the best, experiences I have had. It is far better than the run of the mill places. It has a great atmosphere, feels/looks very upscale. I disagree with those who say the staff does not care...I felt like we were treated like valued customers.

I will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mike T
Dear Mike T
Thank you very much for sharing with tons of travelers! We are glad to read you enjoyed the experience! We truly apreciate the time you took to write your review! We also apreciate your input regarding the availability of beach umbrellas, we are as of now in the process of creating a shade area on the beach for our guests to enjoy. We truly apreciate your sincere comments and look forward to hosting you back in the near future!