“Excellent Holiday Resort”

Ranked #38 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Excellent Holiday Resort”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed at ME, Cancun with my wife April 2013. We loved the hotel ! The Staff was very friendly; when at the pool ask for Alejandro Gonzalves he gave us the best service. Hotel is clean, Drinks and Food for All Inclusive very good, lots of Pools.

Room Tip: We had Room 629 facing the ocean. We liked the View. Choose the ocean view instead of the laguna vie...
1 Thank beweng
paolamelchor, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cancun, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear beweng
Thanks for sharing your experience! We truly work hard for guests to njoy their stay and I am thrilled to read you had such an amazing time. I will be sure to share your comments with Alex so he keeps up working hard towards our guests´experience. We lok forward to hosting you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,204)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is our second time in this hotel. My boyfriend and I stayed here from 03/21/13-03/28/13.We stayed in the Loft Suite on the 8th floor, Room 816, and it was worth every extra penny. We enjoyed very much the huge balcony, the Jacuzzi, and the room itself. We arrived early and stood in line to check in. Nice women came up to us and offered a private check-in. We went to the 10th floor and had sparkling Champaign and were notified of our accommodations. With the room upgrade we had a private check-in, bare-foot dinner, 20 minute massage (each), calls to our room of what restaurants we wish to eat, free photo shoot, and free room service. Even though we arrived early, our room was ready for us to settle.
The Level Manager Guillermo was amazing and was extremely accommodating. Every time he saw us, he would stop and ask us if he could do anything to make our stay better. Natalia, who is also on the 10th floor, is such a sweetheart. She would call us every night to ask what restaurant we wish to eat the following day. Also, I wanted to buy one of the white shirts that the employees wear and she tried very hard to get it for me. However, they stopped selling them.
The food variety was absolutely amazing. Our favorite was Hibachi and the chef there was excellent. He made our food tasty and delicious. We also enjoyed the Brazilian steak house where Carlos was our server. It was my boyfriend’s birthday and he did everything to make it perfect. He even sang for him, which was funny and cute. Every time we saw him, he would ask us how our stay is and where we are eating tonight. The Beach House was our lunch restaurant and we always requested Miguel. Miguel is the best waiter and would decorate our dishes and dessert with fruit and cookies. He would also make specialty drinks for me because I always wanted something different. Finally, Nedel was the best beach waiter. He would always bring two drinks at a time and two shots without request because he knew how we liked our drinks, nice and strong.
Overall, our vacation was amazing and if you decide to stay here, upgrade to the Level Suit. The extra perks that come with it are great and rewarding.
Thank you very much Guillermo, Natalia, Carlos, Miguel, and Nedel for making our vacation unforgettable.

Room Tip: * Corner suites from 5th floor and up are less noisy. * Corner suites are sunny and spacious.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zhana K
paolamelchor, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cancun, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Zhana K
Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review of your most recent experience at ME Cancun. We apreciate that you took the time to share with tons of travelers. We are thrilled to read about your amazing experience. I agree the the treats at our ME+ concept are the best and I am truly happy that you got to enjoy each and every one of the privileges. We look forward to hosting you back, hopefully by then we will have the t-shirt stock ready for us to be able to get you one!
Ozone Park, New York
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I would like to start off saying that this was one of our favorite vacations - we had a hard time leaving! The resort was beautiful. The beach was wonderful, the pool areas were TO DIE FOR! We stayed 7 days and 6 nights, and every day was amazing. I do have some qualms that I was hoping not to have at all. First upon check in, when you get in they hand you over to a person who tells you about the hotel and everything else the hotel has to offer -- but what they DONT tell you is that those people are marketers/reps for the Melia Brand who try to get you to join a VIP membership but you have to go to a breakfast or dinner for it which takes an hour and a half -- JUST SAY NO. If you are a couple like us, we just wanted to relax and have a good time. And they are always around the hotel and they remember when you say no and they keep asking you every day. Secondly - the service was VERY slow during the day (around lunch time and late afternoon). I think we waited almost 30 minutes for an ice cream! It was a little better at night. Lastly, the night before we left the power went out on my floor and also on the 3rd floor. It took them about 20-25 minutes to get it back up and then an hour and a half later - it went out again. I don't know how long it took to come back up because we went out on a tour. They also have these cabanas all around the different pool areas that are $40-$90 to rent. The $90 is closest to the pool itself but it is bottle service only. The $40 cabanas are a little further from the pool but we rented one and it was one of the best ideas ever! They are comfortable, they bring you drinks and food all day and it's yours for the entire day until you leave. We even left to eat lunch and go upstairs and left our things on the cabana -- everything was still there 3 hours later. The area is very safe -- there is a shopping mall that we went to twice that is right across the street from the hotel. Overall, we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Lagoon view rooms are NOT that bad - the view is beautiful, the sun sets on that side.
1 Thank Jasmine A
Dear Jasmine A
Thanks for sharing with us your most recent experience. I would likt to personally thank you for having taken the time to express your feedback. We are glad to read that yu enjoyed your experience and that we will be hosting you again in the future! Thank you for pointing out the slowness of service, we are as of now working on an action plan to improve our service during the day. I am sure that on your next visit we will be able to prove that our main commitment is with your satisfaction. As for the problem with the electricity there were some works done by the electricity company in the destination, which affected electricity in the hotel, we tried our best to solve the problem as soon as possible. I truly hope you were not too inconvenienced. We look forward to hosting you back soon.
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I would like to thank Victor (waiter)
(I forgot his last name ) but his service was by far the best I've had . Very attentive and genuine. I would defenetly stay in that hotel again and would love Victors assistants again . Thank you once again :)

Dear Par1s1
I deeply apreciate that you took the time to acknowledge Victor´s service. We are theilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and will definetely shre your comments with Victor in order to encourage him to keep up the good work. Thank you for posting!
Clackamas, Oregon
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel was amazing and beautiful. The best part of this hotel was my waiter by the beach Marco "Homero". He was awesome and catered my every need. He was so friendly and made my stay very enjoyable. His overall attitude is just awesome! If you come here definitely ask for him! Overall I loved my stay here and recommend it to everyone!
-Ivan

Dear IvanAga
We deeply apreciate your kind comments! I am so happy that your experience with us was amazing and that you found the hotel beautiful! I also apreciate your acknowledgement towards Marco´s service, I will share your kind words with him so he keep us the good work. Let us know whenever you are coming back!
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I just spent my 30th birthday at ME Cancun and it was awesome. Alejandro "Alex" Gonzalez was our poolside server all weekend. He did an amazing job and went above the call of duty. I recommend asking for his section at the pool. Overall my stay was fantastic!

Dear BlakeAnderson
Thanks for sharing you experience! I am glad your stay was fantastic! and specially that Alex was able to provide you service beyond your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments with him and the rest of our staff so they keep up the good work. We look forward to hosting you back in the near future! Let us know whenever you are dropping back.
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

ME Cancún was such an amazing resort!! We were treated like royalty the moment we arrived. The hotel layout is gorgeous and speechless our room was the standard room. We had an amazing view of the beach and pool area still. Oh my god room service was outstanding!! We would order room service about 3 times a day and did not bother paying the $5 dollars delivery fee plus the tip. They deserve it since they do wheel in a cart full of food. We ate at every restaurant at the resort but our best one was the beach house. Our waiters Jose Luis and keke were so amazing!! They would treat us with so much kindness and made sure we were doing just fine. Jose Luis was so nice that every night he would ask the chef if he could cook me my own plate since I was a picky eater. My friends loved the menu at the beach house and the scenery was to die for. Please recognize Jose Luis and qeke for their outstanding service they deserve it!! The drinks that we had all week long were so good the waiters would come by with another drink without having to wait or tell them. The pool parties were very cool and the beach was within seconds away. The rose bar was our spot to pre drink before going out to the clubs. We met so many people at the rose bar that we now call friends. Seriously people I would not think twice to book at ME cancun. It's nearby downtown where all the clubs are at and minutes away from the airport. Also, I don't know why people complain about signing the tabs they did not bother us and did not take them over 5 minutes to give us our tabs. This hotel is spotless clean and smells very good in the hall ways. So classy, modern, chic, updated hotel mainly for young/older adults. We will seriously only be staying at ME when vacationing in cancun and will recommend ME to all our friends and family. Thank you so much to all the ME employees for an unbelievable luxurious vacation!

Dear Moskiee
We are truly happy to read about your experience and apreciate that you took the time to share it with tons of travelers so they get to know more about the ME experience. I will definetely share your comments with our staff and specially Jose Luis y Quique, I will be sure that they get a note on their HR file with your acknowledgement of their service. Thanks to you for having chosen us, we look forward to hosting you back!