“So much fine print...”

Ranked #38 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“So much fine print...”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Let me start off by saying that Cancun itself is one of the most beautiful places to visit and between the culture, people, food and surroundings it is bar none. I've been 10+ times and have always stayed at all-inclusive. However, this trip was special b/c it was our Honeymoon and I guess was really hoping to be wowed.

The trip started off on the wrong foot. First, 3 days prior to leaving I called to ensure they have a shuttle to and from the airport. When we got to the shuttle section, there was no ME Cancun shuttle...it was third parties and had to be booked in advance. Second, we were literally forced to upgrade to get an ocean view b/c they had 'sold' out of the room we booked. Third, the service is awful and we waited for breakfast at the Water Grill for literally 45 minutes when we told the waiter our food was under the heater for a good 20 minutes. Our shower looked like it had not been washed in a very long time, the pool bar is selective on who they want to serve and most of the staff is just not friendly. They literally have earplugs next to the bed b/c of the way they pump music into the place (and we are under 30).

Room Tip: Just make sure you understand what you are booking and don't upgrade, not worth it and is just a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KHova

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,201)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We went to ME Cancun for a quick 4 day, 3 night trip to get away from our busy schedules and to escape the Denver winter. Overall, our experience was fantastic in every regard. The hotel was great and we thought a great value as well. We upgraded to the Level and I highly recommend it to anyone. We got to sample all the restaurants and had the barefoot dinner on the beach and every meal was excellent. I really can't think of a bad thing to say about our experience. All of the staff was extremely pleasant and helpful, especially Sabrina (who works on the Level) and Marco (who was serving our food and drinks all day on the beach). Both of them always had a smile and were up for some good conversation and always had helpful and much appreciated travel and food tips. They made a great stay that much better and I look forward to returning and hopefully seeing them both when we do.

Room Tip: I highly recommend upgrading to the Level and getting an ocean facing room would probably be nice (a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have stayed at more "inclusive" all inclusive's but this place was nice and the service our group received from Carlos J. at the pool was AMAZING and made up for any negative thoughts we may have had from things that we couldn't have. Also, The Beach House restaurant had EXCELLENT food and service (Hector Negrete and Alex Serrano). Even though I had to pay extra for the lobster it was worth every penny. It was my friends birthday and they made it very special for her including a special dessert. All in all I really have no complaints.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our group was getting really frustrated with the lack of service. Extremely difficult to get a drink or food. Stressful even! Until we met Carlos J and then we had impeccable service!!! He made our entire experience at ME Cancun. The spa was very nice and relaxing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed on "The Level" with my two sisters. The week couldn't have been better. The hotel was beautiful and the service was great. I don't think we had any complains. Love Cancun!

Subtracting one star because it was pretty dead after midnight. Usually we were tired by then after a day in the pool anyway. Could have been a bit more lively.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Third time to Me Cancun and always an enjoyment. Staff is always great, beach service is amazing and the music builds up over the day to put you into the partying mood by the evening. This was the first time we used the level service and it was a bit disappointing. There always seems to be something not quite included in every meal or service used. A day of a free Bali bed at the adult pool includes the less desired ones. Champagne that was said at reception to be included in the barefoot beach dinner was not. Specials on the menu that are to be included for level guests are still charged although at a slightly reduced price.These little hiccups build up and do become almost a joke. Try to guess what the catch is. For the extra charges for level service- approximately 150$ day-all should be smooth.
Still, we will most likely return, but probably reconsider the level upgrade. Also the Expedia VIP elite card was not considered for an upgrade even though there were rooms available.

Room Tip: Absolutely ocean view, even the premium lower floor rooms have a great view from level 2 and higher.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I went to Me' for a quick getaway for his birthday. We were there for 3 nights and had a blast. We upgraded our hotel room when we arrived to a level suite. It was well worth it. With the level suites, you have access to extra perks. We received an upgrade on drinks, a candlelit dinner on the beach, a bottle of tequila, bed by pool, 2- 20 min massages, free photograph with a photographer, and some other amenities.

Our waiter at the pool, Alex, was Awesome! We upgraded to a bally bed at infinity pool and beach, and his service is well worth it! We upgraded our Bally bed on a second day just because of Alex's superb service! When I didn't have a drink in my hand, he placed a fresh one in it. They wouldn't even allow my husband to make or pour his own drinks.

When I travel, I enjoy staying at Ritz Carlton's, Four Seasons, and St. Regis hotels because of the level of service. The entire hotel staff was pleasant and aimed to please. I don't normally eat buffet food, however, this breakfast buffet was great. It takes a little time for your food to arrive at your table. The arrival time of food would be a negative for this hotel.

I was disappointed when I was told that I couldn't have my popcorn because I didn't call ahead (that morning) for a late night movie. I didn't understand how much time was needed for popcorn.... Very disappointing. The hotel did offer to send me another snack. I chose pizza, and I wasn't pleased. When you upgrade your hotel room and experience, you don't anticipate being told 'no'. That is one big difference between a St. Regis, Four Seasons, or Ritz Carlton. You aren't told 'no' at these hotels.. They make it happen!

I didn't enjoy the food at the beachhouse. The food was served cool and not hot. The other restaurants were great! I would strongly suggest you book your restaurant reservations the day before. Otherwise, you may not be served.

Our room and bathrooms were clean and well kept. This was our second trip to Me'. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Upgrade the room for a level suite with a view away from the restaurants because they turn into nigh...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple