“What an awesome hotel especially for OCD people!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of ME Cancun

ME Cancun
Ranked #38 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“What an awesome hotel especially for OCD people!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel is clean, white, exclusive, excellent, sexy, erotic, fancy, elegant and all inclusive!!!!! Make sure you bring your nice sexy dresses for the night time! I took my whole family with me plus my 5 year old daughter. Even though they don't have any childcare, the place is so amazing that my daughter was enjoying the clear beach and had a great time sleeping on the white beds on the beach. The hotel is in a great spot, 5 minutes walking distance to an open mall and 2 minutes to a Mexican style mall.. The staff was very nice, the room is very clean, and i am a OCD person, so if you are looking for clean white sheets, great food, especially the breakfast which is À la carte, this hotel is for you. I have to tell you, this hotel is all about good looking people.. I will definitely come back...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
paolamelchor, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cancun, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Barney S
It is so encouraging to read such nice reviews as yours! We truly feel encouraged to keep up the good work. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with other travelers and for sharing what the Me Cancun is about! We look forward to hosting you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,198)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Kittredge, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

The good: The beach is gorgeous. White sandy beach and crystal waters.

The bad: The hotel is so bent on creating a "vibe" that it comes across as stuffy and pretentious.

Food is ok for an all inclusive; usually adequate, but they try to at least up the ante on presentation. Breakfast buffet is the best, but the other restaurants bored us after just a few days. I didn't want to have to get dressed up and make a reservation and endure slow service and tiny portions after the first day or so.

Rooms are great and probably the best thing about this place; comfortable, nice, and yes there are things you can pay "extra" for, but plenty on the "all inclusive" list too. Had no issues with music noise at ALL and that was a big concern of mine. (5th room floor) Comfy beds, ipod docks, Aveda toiletries, etc.

Don't come here if you're looking for a laid-back, Margaritaville-in-Mexico style resort. DO come here if you actually LIKE to dress up for dinner, want to stay at a place you can impress your girlfriend, come for a bachelor/bachelorette party, etc. It's like it's trying to be an A-List night-club with overnight accommodations, but just comes across as a that one rich kid we all knew in High School that had no personality but tried to throw parties where people would come, just because his house was nice.

I will gladly stick to a different style resort entirely where I can actually relax and not "dress to impress". (((yawn)))

2 Thank Stephanie C
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Although it was NOT cheap, the stay was incredible. We loved the room and the smell of the lobby :) The infinity pool is amazing and also a great place to relax in. The beach is undoubtedly the clearest and very accessible from hotel. The food was okay, but would have been better if we hadn't missed breakfast every morning. The concierge was always very inviting and willing to help with all activity bookings. We recommend Xcaret and tulum :)

We will always stay here when in cancun as the service, clean/trendy feel, & atmosphere was amazing.

Room Tip: get a room with a VIEW
Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

During the Christmas holiday I stayed at 3 hotels during my stay in Mexico, Terracaribe Boutique Hotel, Oasis Sens Adult Oriented All Inclusive and Me by Melia (BEST)
Me Hotel:
Good- This hotel smells like a wonderful flower shop from the moment you walk in to the time you step into your bathroom to shower! Even the guest bathrooms in the lobby area are relaxing as your room bathroom.

Room- The room looks exactly like it does in the picture and the ocean view is amazing! The bathroom has surround sound so you can listen to the game, music, news, sports, awesome bonus!! The shower was walk-in with NO TUB!! The room was Clean, no hair found on floor or bed upon arrival! The room was stocked with water, sodas, beer, alcohol many of which was free. I liked the fact that Free water and M&M was awaiting me each day If you visits other all inclusive resorts you realize that snacks in your room at all is not included. The bed was so relaxing, pillows, bedding, slept like a baby!

Lobby, is like a chick, sexy art piece. The lighting is nice along with the computer networking area that allows guest easy internet access at anytime. Also Wi-Fi is available thought the hotel at a decent speed without needing a CODE!!
Food: was the worst part of my stay. This hotel should break away from the all inclusive and focus on being a great hotel which it’s on par to be. The drinks were watered down and didn’t taste like any drink I have ever had before. I took a swallow of what was supposed to be a Mai Tai and I had to spit it out. One would think going to Mexico you would have the best Margherita NOT the case at this hotel!! HORRIBLE!! I can’t find anything good to say about the drinks or food here and sadly to say I found hair in many of my dishes. I realized eating in Mexico that they do not adhere to the health code as the USA. No score card, hair nets or GLOVES is ever warned here. Most will say who cares your going for the beach, but you’re paying for FOOD AND DRINKS and some people like to EAT. I realized fast at this hotel that even the simple Mexican dishes are hard to find.

Service: Schduling appointments for restaurants are a joke!! The Salt restaurant was booked for the entire stay of my trip, each day I was told “sorry were completely booked”. The final night of my stay I was determined to eat something different so went right to the restaurant and requested a table! IT WORKED! The food in Salt was Okay, nothing to rave about but the menu has more seafood options I’m sure this is why they try to keep the appointments to a minimum.
Lastly, this hotel is perfect for SINGLES!! Not many kids at all and for me that’s a plus! Adults only!
I would definitely return to this hotel if the all inclusive meal plan is not mandatory. The hotel is a nice clean; chick place to stay but the food is less desirable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Net D
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at this resort Dec 23 - 29. Most of what you'll see in previous reviews is accurate. In general, we found this resort to be reasonable value for the money. The rooms are nice, we had an ocean-view on the 9th floor. Good size rooms, great rainfall shower, enjoyed the Aveda toiletries. Cleaning always done while we were at the beach, no issues.

The food was hit or miss. As noted in other reviews the breakfast was really good, often our favorite meal of the day. Lunch was good at the Beach-House you just have to come off the beach and give up 45-60 min. Menu could really use some more healthy options. Have to say the coconut ice cream was fantastic. The grill items are the only things the waiters bring to the beach (chicken sandwich, turkey hot dog or hamburger).

As for the other restaurants: Silk - Asian, excellent papaya, seaweed salad dish, sushi seemed to be pan fried. Salt - Mediteranean buffet, probably our least favorite - nothing note worthy. Woodside Grill - tries to be similar to the Argentine grill experience, we found the chicken to be fatty and the other meat too raw. Waiting for service was endless. Like others we liked the BeachHouse for dinner the best. The tuna salad was very good, as was the chipotle shrimp. Very good desserts as well. The coffee bar makes a very good cappuccino. We are not big drinkers so can't give a lot of insight there - but we enjoyed the margaritas.

For a resort trying to appeal to the beautiful people, the gym is remarkably small. Often crowded in the morning. What is there in equipment is limited and the overall space is too small.

The beach is beautiful, excellent for long walks/runs. The pool seemed very nice, but we spent all our time at the beach. It was quite busy so we had to get our towels and place them on chairs first thing in the morning.

We also found that many of the staff there was very friendly and helpful.

In summary, reasonable value for money.

Room Tip: Oceanfront is really nice, beautiful sunrises.
3 Thank AshleyDCandBrussels
Twin Cities, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Good:

Beach is large and clean. You can walk along it for miles, as the hotel is in the middle of the hotel zone. We had no problems finding chairs, ect.

All in all, the "Extra" charges other reviewers are complaining about for tips, minibar, day beds ect added up to about $200 for the week. I think you'll get much better service and have a better experience if you just cough it up. Not a big deal if you're paying $500 a night anyways.

Food at Salt Restaurant, Silk Restaurant, Brazilian steakhouse and breakfast buffet were superb. Salt is similar to a steakhouse that I probably would pay $150/couple in my hometown, so that was worth it. Silk has unlimited fresh sushi. The other restaurants were not as special but still good. In all of them, the ambiance is extremely romantic, most you can have a view of the beach. Loved it.

All employees were always smiling, friendly, and happy to help me with my spanish (though they all spoke fine english too). Fun to chat with.

The Bad:
As other reviews said, the disco is really loud at 3am, but only on Friday and Saturday, so that wasn't too bad.

We were there on Christmas and the service was horrible in the Beach House There were just no waiters to be found, but the hotel let us make reservations anyway. After we'd been seated for 10 minutes (not exaggerating) and still had no water or any contact with a waiter, we just started serving ourselves from the bar. I finally ordered a beef tenderloin but instead was served the chewy beef from the steak sandwich that the restaurant serves for lunch; leads me to believe the chef was on vacation.
I would advise the hotel not to take reservations if they can't handle it, I would have happily gone to the self serve buffet had I known the restaurant would be such a circus.

On that note, I might recommend traveling to this hotel during off-peak travel times. Before the holiday the hotel was only 60% full and the service was excellent! As it got busier they had the same about of staff for a much larger amount of customers.

All in all:
Very romantic, lots of sexy spaces and everything was easy going. Would highly recommend for couples who want a beach vacation.

Room Tip: Didn't bother paying for the Level, the standard ocean view room was nice.
3 Thank Katie S
maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed at Me the week between Christmas and New Year. Hotel was fully booked so they probably hired extra staff because the service was good and pretty fast. Rooms are nice but dated. Beds are very comfortable!

It is all inclusive! We liked that lunch and dinner were in restaurants, not buffets. Service in restaurants was very efficient and waiters were pleasant and patient. I don't understand people who are upset about giving tips! Don't you give 15-20% in the US? So wants wrong with a dollar or two for a waiter that bends over backwards to make happy.

All in all we had a great time, but I would like to point out a few things that irritated us and why we won't return.

1. Javier!!! The assistant manager. The guy has a bad attitude! I will not get into detail of what I was complaining to him about, but instead of saying that he understood the inconvenience and he was sorry, he barked back at me and tried to justify every little thing the hotel did wrong, and he did that with an attitude like I came to stay at his place for free, and now I had the nerve to complain.

2. Loud music at the beach. We don't mind music at all. But this pretend techno beat was beyond annoying.

3. Lounge chairs at the beach. No, you don't have to rent them, they are free, and umbrellas are free, but you have to rise at 7 a.m. if you want to grab a good spot.

4. Their so called "night club". Its a bar which is mainly empty at night. On Friday and Saturday nights the entrance to the bar from the beach is blocked in preparation to a night party. And from around 9 p.m. until 3 a.m. they blast the music inside and outside of the bar by the pool. We went to check what was going on both nights and there were barely 15-25 people attending. There was no reason to play loud music all night when most of the hotel guests were trying to sleep. Next morning every one on the beach complained about the noise. Again the hotel's attitude was: We are a party hotel, your travel agent should've told you!

5. Last but not least. They had a huge New Year party on the beach. But don't kid yourselves, it's not for you! For two days, Dec 30 and 31st the beach was a mess! The party people were erecting a huge tent right in the middle of the beach. The thing was so big, that there was barely a place for people to use the beach. And when we tried to move our chairs closer to the ocean, they started putting ropes right to our faces to prevent us from moving. When the tent was finally there, they had to do sound check! At 2 a.m.!!!! According to my friend Javier, the manager, it was perfectly fine, because the hotel cares only about their parties, and we should've checked it out before booking.

The party!!!! $100 per person with open bar and you get a table where you can barely see the party, and they won't let you go into the tent until their bottle service guests arrive. You want bottle service? Pay thousands to be inside the tent on a bali bed. Order minimum 5-6 bottles at a very high price. The hotel guests were offered the $100 per person option and nobody told them where they would be placed.
Thanks to all the hard working waiters, bar tenders, and hostesses we had a nice vacation.
Next time we will go somewhere else!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor or bay view, to avoid the noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family