“Great service, Very attentive, Friendly, Great environment, Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of ME Cancun

ME Cancun
Ranked #38 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I spent 7 full days at ME this year (Oct. 16, 2012- Oct. 23, 2012) and we found our experience to be a great one. The Hotel was very clean at all times, amazing staff; all of the employees are attentive and very helpful. Being an all inclusive Hotel, I was very impressed with the quality of the food and drinks. Every Lunch and Dinner comes with menu where they have a variety of choices from Appetizer, Main Dish, and Dessert. This hotel has 4 restaurants to eat from and every night the customers have 2 out of the 4 to choose from. There was plenty of variety at all the restaurants. I felt like the food was very fresh and delicious. The staffs at the restaurants were very attentive, polite, and knowledgeable on the food. They were able to answer all of our questions.

One of the employees that really stood out was Mr. Fares Bouneb T. He is the General Manager of all the restaurants in the Hotel. Basically, he is in charge of running the operations in all the restaurants (4 of them) at ME. I believe this is a big responsibility and it entails him to be very busy making sure everything is running smoothly. What stood out for me about Mr. Fares Bouneb T was that he made it an emphasis to come by all the dinner tables and greet the customers, introduced himself, ask to see how the service and food was for the tonight, and if there is anything they will change or recommend to make there experience that much better. I am telling you, this man works very hard, he really cares, and any recommendations you made he make possible for the next time. Every night he will continuously provide this attention to all the customer of the hotel. I am in the Banking field and with the competition out there nowadays I know the big difference in companies is the service you receive. I could imagine that hotels are very similar. With an asset like Fares Boone T. in your hotel, I know you will have recurring customer returning and staying more frequently.

Also, Jesus Miranda and Armando Cisneros were very helpful around the Beach House area. They both made it a very pleasant experience for my family and me. Armando was always very attentive when we were staying around the pool area. He made sure the drinks were bought out quickly also made sure we had enough towels, etc. Mr. Miranda was more attentive in the Beach House Restaurant. He was Manager of the Beach House during the day. He made sure the food came out on time; he recommended different dishes and was able to answer our questions. He stayed on top of the employees to make sure they were providing the best service possible.

My overall experience was fantastic! The food was fresh and delicious. You can definitely taste the quality of the food. I will definitely return to Me-Cancun for another vacation. With the service and attention I received from Fares, Armando, and Jesus, I will highly recommend the Hotel and the Restaurants to my family and friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jack G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,198)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Me Cancun has an unique environment that made me fell at home. The restaurants are good and the acces was easy, you always have a good option, even if you have you're just coming back from the beach. The beach is amazing, I spent days without getting bored.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Alexsph
paolamelchor, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cancun, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Alexsph
Thank you very much for sharing your experience! We were glad to host you and will most definetely look forward to hosting you back!
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

We spent 2 days @ Me and we found the place amazing,staff is great end really nice,all inclusive is a real all inclusive no surprise at all and food was ok.Room is no so big but really comfortable and well equipped.Pool and beach are nice and ask for Alfredo is a good guy and always ready to give u good gigs.

Room Tip: street and laguna view are a little bit noisy but ok...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank djstefanol
Dear djstefanol
Thanks for taking time to write a review of your most recent experience at ME. I am super glad that you spent such a nice time and that you felt taken care of. It is really importan for us to deliver the promise to offer an experience beyond mere accomodation. I will definetely share with Alfredo your kind wrods towards his service. Thank you very much for posting and let us know whenever you are coming back!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

My Boyfriend and I stayed here for 7 days from Oct 19th - Oct 26th. The hotel is beautiful and the food is amazing. However what made our trip so much fun was the employees that took care of us at the bar / pool. I can not thank these guys enough for going out of their way to make sure we were have a good time each and every day ! Thank you to Cesar, Rodger, Willber, and Marco. They gave us the most Delicious drinks to try ...made dinner reservations for us.. moved us to a better bali bed closer to the bar and just had the best customer service I have ever had! We were able get to know them bc it was off season and not over crowded. The staff here is for sure the sweetest people I have ever met. I can tell you this... because of them we will be re booking to see them again next yr! ps we LOVE you Cesar

Thank you for everything guys !

Senor Terry and Stacey room #351

1 Thank stacey c
Deat stacey c
I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write a review of the hotel! i will be sharing your kind words with our staff so they keep up the good work! We will continue working hard to ensure that every guest lives the ME experience just as you did! Thank you very much for sharing with other travelers.
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I think the title of this review says it all. Let me just start off by saying that I have been to Cancun every year for the past 10 years and have stayed at many wonderful hotels. I just got back from Cancun last night and could not wait to get to this website and write this review. Let's start with the positives. The hotel decor was great..very clean. The food was also great, this includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The spa was great, just a little overpriced. As far as the negatives....this hotel was NOT all inclusive, when being compared to other resorts that I have stayed at. Starting with the room..it was very clean but the beds were small. There was a mini fridge in the room which contained two "free" bottles of water and 2 cans of beer. Everything else in the fridge you had to pay for. The other complaint I had was having to sign a tab everytime you ordered a drink or food. I've never had to sign anything at an all inclusive resort after ordering drinks. The bartenders at the pool bar were very rude, not to mention the bars closed very early. The pool/cabana beds on the beach and pool were not included in the all inclusive price even though the hotel was empty and so were most of the beds. When I have visisted Cancun during hurricane season with hotels being empty, the staff does not mind if you use the beds since they are just sitting there empty. We also had a $300 hotel credit which had so many restrictions. I was under the impression that it could be used anywhere in the hotel but that was not the case at all. We ended up only using about $50 worth of the credit after all the restrictions. One day we were there we accidentally left our safe open and so that prevented us from getting into our room because the hotel claims that the door locks out when the safe is open and nobody could get in. However, our drinks from the fridge and the food we had eaten had all been replaced that day, but the room was left in a mess...the receptionist however claims that nobody had been in our room. The nightlife at the hotel also sucks! They had a dj for one night while we were there. There was supposed to be a dj on the beach for the beach party, but he never came. You also had to PAY to use the hot tub. The service at the restaurants was very bad. One night we had to wait over 1.5 hours before we recieved our first drink order. I could go on and on and on but I won't. Our group seemed to have the most fun when we were not at the hotel. Save yourself the trouble and look for a different all-inclusive hotel where everything is really all- inclusive!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
10 Thank Chandnis86
Dear Chandnis86
I am truly sorry to read your experience was not a fulfilling one. After having read your commentaries I apreciate that you took the time to give us some feedback and point out possible areas of improvement within the resort. I would like to also take this chance to share with you that we are not a typical all inclusive resort and we do not aim to be one. We are a lifestyle resort based on a complete me package which includes fine dining in our restaurants, premium bar, a fitness program among other privileges. We also have a series of services available upon a charge for those looking to broaden their experience. For example, we include food for all our guests, but we have the chef´s specials available for a simbolic charg; for example you can get a tomahauk steak for just 50usd when in any restaurant in Mexico or the States is a lot more expensive than that. Another example would be the premium bar we include for ll out guests, it features brands such as Cuervo, Smirnoff, Absolut, bacardi, Havana, Herradura, Chivas, Torres among others, but we also have an ultra- premium bar available for those looking to enhance their experience. We have a fitness program with yoga and cardio classes available for all our guests, but we also have private classes available upon a charge. We have a series of beds available by the pool and beach which are complimentary for hotel guests, but we also have a series of bali beds which offer the personalized service of a waiter, and pool concierge and a top menu designed by the chef to order food right at your bed. We are a hotel featuring an all inclusive package but we also give our guests the chance to build up their experience as private, as privileged, as personalized as they like. We are truly sorry to read this was an inconvenient for you. When it comes to signing checks, having services available whcih are included and some others which are not it is really important for us to make sure that whatever is being charged to your room is actually authorized by you. I understand this can be a bit of a hasle and will definetely take this into consideration for future action. When it comes to entertainment, we do not have the typical entertainment such as salsa classes or dancers and shows here and there. Our entertainment is based in the social interaction; hence our famous parties on weekends in which beautiful people mingle and party all night at Rose Bar on Thrusdays for Mash up, Fridays with House for Ladie´s night and Saturdays with a live badn adn mash up. But also at the beach club on weekends (Friday to Sunday) with guest dj appearances. I am sorry that during your stay we did not have a beach party, these are only on weekends to follow our ying and yang atmosphere, which allows for a more laid back environment during the week when we dont have parties and focus the high energy on weekends when the parties take place. I am definetely sorry to read we are not your type of hotel. If you like I can share with you some more options within Melia Hotels International portafolio of premium brands which may suit better your style of vacationing.
San Diego, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We purchased an all inclusive here at the ME. The outside of the hotel and the lobby area was really nice. The rooms, however, were incredibly small and without any type of balcony. You look out a window and it has an angle that is just weird. There is no bath tub in the room, which was also disappointing. Another thing was the items placed inside the room. Most of it was additional cost. Typically with an all inclusive, they would have wine, beer, some lower shelf alcohol. This had just two beers in the fridge and a couple other random items. Everything else you pay for. When you first arrive, they bring you a champagne glass with some kind of juice. That seemed very personable. There after, they set you up with a concierge that is really more there to try and sell you on getting you into a meeting with the time share presentations. They hassle you every time you see them.

For an all inclusive, the food was pretty decent. They said they had 5 restaurants on the location but when we arrived, we found out there are only 2 restaurants open a day. Overall, paying for all inclusive was decent, but they nickel and dime you for everything else. The ambiance the entire time we were there was very trance. You would think we would expect some mexican music at least in portions of the hotel, but instead of was trance everywhere.

The service and the staff were not helpful and rude at times. All they wanted to do was sell us more. I would not stay here again. The food was decent and the drinks were decent, but the rooms were small, the service was not great and the ambiance was definitely for more of a 21 year old.

Room Tip: Do not bother upgrading. The standard room is just as good as the ocean view. The ocean view room is...
2 Thank CindiWhite
Dear CindiWhite
Thank you very much for sharing your experience and for pointing out some possible areas of improvement within the resort. I apreciate your valuable comments and would like to take this opportunity to share with you that we do have some options of rooms with huge balconies that even feature a bali bed on them. These would be loft suites and passion suites whcih are rooms at The Level which is our VIP concept in the hotel. Passion Suites and Loft Suites feature jacuzzis in their description as well. I am truly sorry we did not get the chance to host you in one of these. We will definetely work harder in communication apropiately what are the choices for guests to upgrade to rooms which may fit better their way of traveling. I greatly apreciate your commentaries regarding the attitude of the staff, we are a brand based on the personalization of service and I am truly sorry to read we did not deliver this to you. I will be sharing your commentaries with them in order to ensure they work on this and make sure no other guests feels like that again. Thank you very much for your commentaries. Hopefuly you can give us the chance to host you again in the future
Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

When you walk in the hotel really is beautiful but it takes the staff 30 minutes to check you in & they ended up giving us an ocean view room with 2 beds!! This is when we paid for the "luxury ocean view room" and then I walked in and found nothing luxury about this room & THERE WAS NO BALCONY!!! I asked to be downgraded to the lagoon view which was $200 cheaper and had king bed for us but they said that they could but they wouldn't change my rate. They offer $500 in resort credit when you book but when I asked the front desk clerk said no I didn't qualify without even looking at my rate. I had to pull up the reservation on my phone, which I booked on their website to prove it. Anytime you ask for anything they talk among themselves for 20 minutes while you stand there just to tell you no. I felt it was a waste of my vacation time to even bother. The refrigerator was full of items you have to pay extra for with 4 beers and 2 waters you didn't have to pay for. The staff is constantly trying to sell you things; timeshares, activities, bali beds... the list goes on. The spa is very expensive, not worth it. Every time I turned around I realized how it really wasn't "all inclusive". The hotel was pretty dead but I've heard during the busy season it's a huge party that's really fun. Unfortunately we didn't get to experience any of this, we were always the only ones at the bar. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone to stay at there are much nicer accommodations for less from what all the other guests were saying. Oh and don't tip in pesos on the food bill they will charge you in USD even though the entire bill is in pesos... convenient.

Room Tip: Bring a printout of your reservation if you want the $500 resort credit.
5 Thank Kellibaresall
Dear Kellibaresall
Thanks for sharing your experience with other travelers! After having read your commentaries I would really like to know how did you make your reservation? because in our website is clearly stated all the features every room has. So it really comes to me as a surprise that you were under the impression that your room would have a balcony, if you did not reserve a room category featuring a balcony. When it comes to bedding, I am sorry to read that upon check in there were no king beds available in the room category you had reserved. Bedding is upon availability and we always give the outmost importance to our guests requests, I am truly sorry to read we just did not have that available at the time of your check in. When we find ourselves in this situation we always give the guest the choice to move to a king bed the minute this one becomes available. When it comes to changing your rate, I unsderstand you disagree with the fact that we respectfully denied to change your rate, but I truly hope you understand that we did have the room you reserved ready for you. If the policies of your reservation would have allowed us, I can assure you we would have been able to assist you with that. However each agency has clear policies which are informed to you at the time of reserving and it is not always under our control to change that. I am definetely sorry to read we are not your type of hotel, I can assure you that within our premium portafolio of hotels within Melia Hotels International there is a type of hotel which may suit better your style of vacationing.